ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2019 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andujar needs to be given time to see if this is a slump or because of his shoulder tear and that could be done up or down. As players come back, he could easily be sent down temporarily to get his swing back. He's been an anchor since he's come back.

This team is so damn fun to watch. DJ made a sick play last night, Gio with the big hit. Bullpen played with fire but came through when needed. Hopefully this is 96 all over again.

Reactions: czxqa
Andujar isn’t going to be moved down to make room. Maybe if not fully healed yet but not to make room.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Andujar isn’t going to be moved down to make room. Maybe if not fully healed yet but not to make room.
He's not going to be fully healed without surgery, I'm pretty sure. If he continues to hit .100 for a few more weeks you're telling me that they won't send him down to figure it out and bring him up later? He's just a DH at this point.

And I'm not saying get rid of him, I'm saying let him figure this out without the spotlight on him. Especially if we get some bigger bats back in the next month.

He's not going to be fully healed without surgery, I'm pretty sure. If he continues to hit .100 for a few more weeks you're telling me that they won't send him down to figure it out and bring him up later? He's just a DH at this point.

And I'm not saying get rid of him, I'm saying let him figure this out without the spotlight on him. Especially if we get some bigger bats back in the next month.
He will go back on the DL and probably op for surgery.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Andujar should have been the rookie of the year last season. He is going absolutely nowhere.
It's a maybe. I agree he should have been rookie of the year last year. Or Torres, but definitely not Ohtani.

The question is, though, unless Urshela's bat falls off (which is always possible) I don't see how they can take him out of the lineup...

Keep winning series and the standings will take care of themselves. I'm ecstatic for them to be where they are (though it looks like Boston has finally figured things out too).

And soon enough they'll be adding Paxton, Betances, Severino, and Montgomery to the pitching staff.
And Didi, Judge, and Stanton will be returning to the lineup.

Chad Green looked good in the 9th yesterday. Hopefully he's back to normal.

Jonathan Loaisgia to IL with a shoulder strain. According to Boone, he won't even throw a ball for 4 weeks. Chance Adams recalled to back up Cessa who is taking Loaisgia's start. The number of injuries is unbelievable.

Bite the bullet and get it fixed completely and see him 100% healthy next year.

He is not well, time for surgery and prep for next season.

When Miggie first came back I thought he was just a little rusty from not having played, but his batting hasn't improved a bit. That labrum tear has to be affecting his swing. It doesn't heal without the surgery, so it makes a lot more sense to go ahead and get the surgery out of the way.

edit: Michael Kay just said the labrum was affecting Miggie's swing. Ha!

Yankees rained out again.
Andujar MRI showed the same issues as before. Sounds like surgery.
Stanton isn't with the team, rehabbing in Tampa. That isn't a good sign.

Two Yankees games against a division rival both under 2 hours and 30 mins. When was the last time that happened??
German 8-1. Awesome! Voit breaks his slump. LeMahieu is a pro's pro. Andujar going for surgery, smart move. Sweet sweep.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Just wondering who is the next one back from the DL ?
Paxton ? Betances ? Tulowitski ?

Last edited:
Ugh. Yanks going against Tampa tonight. The Rays are using that "opener" strategy.
They don't do well against that.
BTW, doesn't it tax Tampa's bullpen ?

It really looked like one of those nights where the offense was just never going to get going. Then there was absolute magic in the 9th. When Gio came to the plate in the 9th, the script in my head said he gets a base knock to win the game... I'm glad he came through.

I actually switched during the rain delay to watch Bill Maher's show.
Enjoyed going back later and watching a replay of the 9th.

It's nice to have a team that when they're down 2 in the 8th, you don't have to give up all hope. I didn't get the game since it was channel 11.

It's nice to have a team that when they're down 2 in the 8th, you don't have to give up all hope. I didn't get the game since it was channel 11.
We get 11, you are over the border into the Philly market?

Last edited:
Frustrating loss today. Thanks Cessa.
Good news....Paxton, Stanton, and Didi look to be back soon.

Never thought I'd say it but the Yanks letting Cano walk in free agency in 2013 is proving more prudent each passing season.

Never thought I'd say it but the Yanks letting Cano walk in free agency in 2013 is proving more prudent each passing season.
I thought it was a smart move, they offered more $$ than Seattle per year but a little less years. So I am thinking
they had learned their lesson, then turned around and signed Stanton. So I am guessing these teams will never learn.

I thought it was a smart move, they offered more $$ than Seattle per year but a little less years. So I am thinking
they had learned their lesson, then turned around and signed Stanton. So I am guessing these teams will never learn.
They didn't sign Stanton. Traded for him and got salary relief as well from Miami.

They didn't sign Stanton. Traded for him and got salary relief as well from Miami.
Yes they traded for him, and gave up a good player, and they did get salary relief, but I worry about what we are going
to get out of him. Looks to me he had his career year and I don't think New York is his choice just came here to get
out of Miami. and the one thing we do not need is another designated hitter, but we will see.

Yes they traded for him, and gave up a good player, and they did get salary relief, but I worry about what we are going
to get out of him. Looks to me he had his career year and I don't think New York is his choice just came here to get
out of Miami. and the one thing we do not need is another designated hitter, but we will see.
He had a no trade clause. He chose to come to the Yankees. Where does he want to be?

It's always the years that get you in the long contracts. With the way salaries were/are escalating at the time of the Stanton trade, it looked like a great deal when compared to what Trout and others were going to make in long term deals. I wouldn't exactly give up on him just yet either.

Too bad the Yanks didn't trade for Christian Yelich instead of Stanton.
If Stanton accepted a trade to St. Louis or the Giants maybe they could have been in on that deal. However, at the time of the Stanton trade Miami wasn't taking deals for Yelich. They wanted to unload the big salary first.
Never liked the Stanton acquisition.

b5644cd26aae8bd3d5fa4d4aab1d39db-original.jpg

Release the Kracken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT