ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see German making the Yankees Opening Day.
No kidding- wow
Whatever did happen a couple years ago seem to have been much worse then what we all heard at the time. Based on those reports, I had thought 81 games was harsh but if teammates are reacting this way- we didn’t hear half of it...

I've thought from the beginning that they had to trade him in order to get away from the scandal and also give him a fresh start in another market.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I've thought from the beginning that they had to trade him in order to get away from the scandal and also give him a fresh start in another market.
The amazing thing is that as we all know- when it comes to sports- players usually don't into making comments like Britton did the other day. Even back in the RR days in Balt, if they brought him back- there wouldn't have been a negative said by any team mate.
G Hardy, A Peterson, Hernandez, many others, including baseball players- it is so unusual to see teammates saying anything except a second chance or concerned how they perform on the field and do not get involved in other player's personal issues.

Clarke Schmidt shut down for a month....elbow tendon strain.

NY Yankees on MLB Network Sunday at 1pm. Followed by the Dodgers. Winter is over my friends!!

Aaron Boone takes medical leave of absent to get a pacemaker. No speculation how long he will be out.

Aaron Boone takes medical leave of absent to get a pacemaker. No speculation how long he will be out.
That sucks. My brother has a dual chamber Pacemaker since he was 30 years old when his heart collapsed on itself. His buddy who was with him, saved his life. He was an All State soccer player who later in life found out he had Athletes Heart, enlarged. His Pacemaker has shocked his heart3 times, saving his life in the last 23 years. Once, while vacationing in the Outer banks, a rental with a improperly grounded pool filter interfered with the device and set it off, throwing him several yards. It's better Boone has one, and I wonder what type of events, if any, he's had to warrant this.

That sucks. My brother has a dual chamber Pacemaker since he was 30 years old when his heart collapsed on itself. His buddy who was with him, saved his life. He was an All State soccer player who later in life found out he had Athletes Heart, enlarged. His Pacemaker has shocked his heart3 times, saving his life in the last 23 years. Once, while vacationing in the Outer banks, a rental with a improperly grounded pool filter interfered with the device and set it off, throwing him several yards. It's better Boone has one, and I wonder what type of events, if any, he's had to warrant this.
He has heart surgery back in 2009 IIRC

Reactions: RUfinally2008
It's early March. He can afford to take more than a few days.
I don't know about that. They did lose 15-0 against the Phillies yesterday. 😜

They were doing the in-game interview with Joe Girardi during the half inning where the Phillies scored 9 runs, had 8 hits, 2 walks and Yankees through in 2 errors. He was on for nearly an hour lol. He was great as always, awesome insight. Called the pop-up error before it happened. Still should be the Yankees manager but Cashman wanted to go robot baseball.

I don't know about that. They did lose 15-0 against the Phillies yesterday. 😜

They were doing the in-game interview with Joe Girardi during the half inning where the Phillies scored 9 runs, had 8 hits, 2 walks and Yankees through in 2 errors. He was on for nearly an hour lol. He was great as always, awesome insight. Called the pop-up error before it happened. Still should be the Yankees manager but Cashman wanted to go robot baseball.
I didn't see the game....not much for preseason stuff.
Curious...how many guys that you'll see in a Yankees uniform for a regular season game this season actually played in that 15-0 game ?

Aaron Boone back with the Yankees! Damn that was fast. Talking on Yes right now.

Haven’t watched any spring training until today. This new spring training rule caught me by surprise - “defensive teams have the right to end an inning before recording three outs, so long as the pitcher has thrown at least 20 pitches”. That pitcher can then be sent out again next inning. I never put a lot of stock in a teams spring trading record - now I put zero.

Reactions: RW90
Yanks looked decent today against Phillies. Monty pitched 3 good innings and had the chance to work out of a jam in the 2nd. Stanton looks sharp early, 2 good hits and Gardy went yard with the bases loaded. Andujar played a decent 3rd base (his fielding looks improved) and GT looking ok but threw away a put out to 1st. Couple decent double plays turned, couple others close.

Haven’t watched any spring training until today. This new spring training rule caught me by surprise - “defensive teams have the right to end an inning before recording three outs, so long as the pitcher has thrown at least 20 pitches”. That pitcher can then be sent out again next inning. I never put a lot of stock in a teams spring trading record - now I put zero.
I watch spring training games the same way I watch the RU Spring game. How are the young guys progressing, how do they guys look coming off injury look, etc. These aren't games, they're scrimmages.

Reactions: RW90 and RULoyal
I watch spring training games the same way I watch the RU Spring game. How are the young guys progressing, how do they guys look coming off injury look, etc. These aren't games, they're scrimmages.
Nah...I can't watch them anymore. Call me when the games count.

Nah...I can't watch them anymore. Call me when the games count.
We’re old Kbee...lol
There was a time I didn’t miss a play of every NY Giants pre-season game.
Now I can’t watch a play.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say when you were a kid you watched pretty much every play also, especially against the Jets at the Yale Bowl

Reactions: T2Kplus20 and Kbee3
Great lineup.
I always wondered what the Yankees would look like without Judge, Stanton, LeMahieu, Torres, Sanchez, and Hicks.
See you in April.
They all played yesterday. Worth the watch to see Montgomery and listen to Boone after his surgery.

They all played yesterday. Worth the watch to see Montgomery and listen to Boone after his surgery.
Good points.
BTW, I put a Yankees preseason game on recently and even my wife right away said "Who are these guys ? That's not the Yankees."
As I said....see you in April.

Am I the only one that thinks Bruce will be the main LH DH?
No don't think that is happening at all. He is still a question mark to even make the team. Stanton will dominate the DH spot. I think he makes a team somewhere.

Bad news for Yankees. Zack Britton sent for an MRI. Left elbow soreness.

Am I the only one that thinks Bruce will be the main LH DH?

Bruce making the final roster may come down to how many pitchers the Yankees decide to carry (12 or 13). If they go with 13 - it may come down to either to Bruce, Tauchman, Ford or Andujar for the final spot.

No don't think that is happening at all. He is still a question mark to even make the team. Stanton will dominate the DH spot. I think he makes a team somewhere.

Bad news for Yankees. Zack Britton sent for an MRI. Left elbow soreness.
Britton out at least 3-4 months....bone chips in elbow.
Great start to a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT