ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he was literally a gold glove winner last year.

he sucked on offense but is known as a great defender. He blew it here
Was he a gold glove player for the Yankees?? He was good. Remember one great catch but mostly meh.
And explain him batting clean up.

Was he a gold glove player for the Yankees?? He was good. Remember one great catch but mostly meh.
And explain him batting clean up.

Doubt he will win the GG this year. Agree.

but I didn’t mind the trade cause he WAS a gold glover. He was always a terrible hitter.

I get you Zap, but as ARod even said last night, there were only two hitters on the post season roster that would even remotely concern the pitcher.

Gallo and Rizzo may not be optimal, but who would you replace them with? I don't see Torres, Urshela, or Gardner being much better options. Maybe bat Gardner leadoff to work the counts and a potential walk but his bat has slowed tremendously the past two seasons. Could also move Torres and/or Urshela above Gallo in the order but there was no serviceable bench to speak of.
I would definitely bat Urshela and Torres one, two, followed by Rizzo, Judge and Stanton

Reactions: RW90
Figure out why you destroyed Sanchez, Andujar, Frazier and Gleyber.

Here is the big question. All of these players had great first or second years so the team built around them. Then they totally tanked it. These players are supposed to be the ones who replace the 90's era guys with long, successful careers. The question is, where did it go off the rails and why?

Until you figure that out, nothing will change.

I also find it amusing when people want to just dump guys with huge contracts. Like someone is going to pick that up or that it's smart for the Yankees to eat millions of dollars without keeping the player and see if they can redeem themselves. Unless the Yanks blow past the salary cap, expect this team to pick around the edges to see if they can improve and pray for those 4 up top can get back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT