ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the broadcast tonight one of the announcers said that Boston was the best team this season at scoring guys who got on base. Guess which team is #30.

Last edited:
After just watching DLM drop the ball in right field when Frazier refuses to call him off... blow up this fvcking clown show and start over. Let Judge and Sanchez walk and get some young, HUNGRY players at the trade deadline.

Grand theft charges against DLM on Monday by SDNY.

After just watching DLM drop the ball in right field when Frazier refuses to call him off... blow up this fvcking clown show and start over. Let Judge and Sanchez walk and get some young, HUNGRY players at the trade deadline.

Grand theft charges against DLM on Monday by SDNY.
Team issues aside 1 - that called 3rd strike on Odor in the bottom of the 9th was a foot outside.

Team issues aside 1 - that called 3rd strike on Odor in the bottom of the 9th was a foot outside.
That's MLB umpires these days. I can't wait until they install a more accurate way of determining balls and strikes.

During the broadcast tonight one of the announcers said that Boston was the best team this season at scoring guys who got on base. Guess which team is #30.
This was ESPN they go out of their way to put
down the Yanks. A Roid and the rest are the absolute worst. Usually I turn down the sound
and put on the radio

Reactions: RULoyal
This was ESPN they go out of their way to put
down the Yanks. A Roid and the rest are the absolute worst. Usually I turn down the sound
and put on the radio
It’s a stat and illustrative of how the Yankees just look for the home run and don’t move runners or run the bases very well. Plus it was Fox who brought it up during the Saturday game.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Funny thing is they are far from the worst. 10th from the bottom
The difference is the all that have K’d more, only Detroit has scored less. They all have more extra base hits and SB’s as well too.

When does Cashman get some heat?
I want to say that his seat should feel warm, but somehow he remains the favorite son. I really think the only way he goes is if this embarrassment continues all season.

When does Cashman get some heat?
He has been getting heat from me for years. Since he got rid of Girardi you could see they would play the game his way from then on. Results speak for themselves. He has got to go!

Lets talk Yankees possible trades. Not to get better but to get real prospects and younger players. The problem is who can you trade and actually get value. First the players nobody wants.
Hicks, Sanchez.
The players that can't be traded.
Stanton, Judge.
Stanton has a no trade clause. Doesn't want to leave the Yankees. Gets paid way too much.
Judge is the face of the franchise. Sells tickets. Gets eyeballs to YES when playing.
What's left? The easy ones.
Chapman, Britton
Chapman. Big contract guy. But valuable to many teams that are contenders. The Yankees don't have many save opportunities. And he could bring back a nice prospect or two.
Britton. Same reasons as Chapman for the most part. Trade either whoever brings in the best return.
The hard one
Gio Urshela.
Easily the highest value player that will bring back value. Besides if you trade him you move DJ back to 3rd, Torres to 2nd and try to get him back on track.
The "I'll trade my guy who needs a change of scenery for yours"
Frazier, Andujar
Sometimes players just need a different place to play and a wake up call.
Now if they trade Cashman and his IT gang and find someone who let the manager manage that would be wonderful.

Lets talk Yankees possible trades. Not to get better but to get real prospects and younger players. The problem is who can you trade and actually get value. First the players nobody wants.
Hicks, Sanchez.
Stanton, Judge.
Stanton has a no trade clause. Doesn't want to leave the Yankees. Gets paid way too much.
Judge is the face of the franchise. Sells tickets. Gets eyeballs to YES when playing.
Chapman, Britton
Chapman. Big contract guy. But valuable to many teams that are contenders. The Yankees don't have many save opportunities. And he could bring back a nice prospect or two.
Britton. Same reasons as Chapman for the most part. Trade either whoever brings in the best return.
The hard one
Gio Urshela.
Easily the highest value player that will bring back value. Besides if you trade him you move DJ back to 3rd, Torres to 2nd and try to get him back on track.
Frazier, Andujar
Now if they trade Coachman and his IT gang and find someone who let the manager manage that would be wonderful.
Isn’t it a little early to be giving up?

Hicks, Sanchez.
Stanton, Judge.
Chapman, Britton
The hard one
Gio Urshela.
Frazier, Andujar
Now if they trade Cashman and his IT gang and find someone who let the manager manage that would be wonderful.
Torres is the guy most teams would take a run at outside of Gio.
I think most feel if you put him back to 2B his offense comes back.

Im talking trade deadline. The real question is do you believe in this team right now??
If the Yanks continue to be near the .500 mark at the deadline, I say tear it up the best you can. Historically, the Yankees do a horrible job of bringing along prospects that they cultivate from their own farm system. I don't know if they overhype them, put too much pressure on them but very few homegrown players pan out if they aren't a sure thing.

2022 (if they actually play) should give major playing time to the young kids to see who can cut it and who should be traded.

Garcia and Schmidt should come up.

Bring up one of the young catchers that they're so high on to back up Higgy.

Get a real freakin' SS so you can put Gleyber where he belongs.

Trade off either Gio or Voit to eliminate the backlog of infielders they have.

Find a speedy CF who can get on base and defend the position.

Do not offer a contract to Sanchez or swap him for some other wretched player that needs a change of scenery.

Reactions: WhiteBus
If the Yanks continue to be near the .500 mark at the deadline, I say tear it up the best you can. Historically, the Yankees do a horrible job of bringing along prospects that they cultivate from their own farm system. I don't know if they overhype them, put too much pressure on them but very few homegrown players pan out if they aren't a sure thing.

2022 (if they actually play) should give major playing time to the young kids to see who can cut it and who should be traded.

Garcia and Schmidt should come up.

Bring up one of the young catchers that they're so high on to back up Higgy.

Get a real freakin' SS so you can put Gleyber where he belongs.

Trade off either Gio or Voit to eliminate the backlog of infielders they have.

Find a speedy CF who can get on base and defend the position.

Do not offer a contract to Sanchez or swap him for some other wretched player that needs a change of scenery.
Agree with all. Right now they should trade one of Britton or Chapman as relievers have a higher value before the trade deadline as they will add wins right away. Same with quality starters. Yankees have enough bullpen depth. Everyone moves up. An early trade could shake up the team as well. Bring up Robinson Chinros to back up catching and cut Sanchez

Reactions: Rhuarc
Agree with all. Right now they should trade one of Britton or Chapman as relievers have a higher value before the trade deadline as they will add wins right away. Same with quality starters. Yankees have enough bullpen depth. Everyone moves up. An early trade could shake up the team as well. Bring up Robinson Chinros to back up catching and cut Sanchez
Chapman only has 1.5 years left on contract, so he's definitely tradable. His salary is pretty high in the last year but there should be takers.

Chapman only has 1.5 years left on contract, so he's definitely tradable. His salary is pretty high in the last year but there should be takers.
Dodgers and San Diego would give plenty for him. He is worth every dollar this year.

Reactions: RW90
Curious as to when negotiations commence between Boone and the Yankees on a contract for next season.

Tear it down!!!!!!
OK- so you know that Cole and Stanton are here to stay...Who do you move or not sign and who are you keeping for the rebuild?

I alsways love to get these opinions from anyone that want to just "tear it down"

Reactions: Purple-Ed
On the Ledger site, they have some horrendous writers. There was one article about all the holes on the Yankees and it kept asking what Cashman was going to do to fix them. He. basically suggested trading every prospect away. If this team is truly that bad and flawed it needs to be torn down not compounded with more potential problems. That means the Yanks need to sell, sell, sell at the trading deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT