ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Ledger site, they have some horrendous writers. There was one article about all the holes on the Yankees and it kept asking what Cashman was going to do to fix them. He. basically suggested trading every prospect away. If this team is truly that bad and flawed it needs to be torn down not compounded with more potential problems. That means the Yanks need to sell, sell, sell at the trading deadline.
Keep your prospects that you really like. Everyone else is available.

He covered his bases today he said they have all the pieces they need in the clubhouse - but they are in buying mode.
Hopefully that means ownership has approved going over the tax cap. You won't get much with the $3million they have to spend. Since the Yankees again own 100% of YES and ratings are going in toilet maybe they have incentives to take on big contracts.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
OK- so you know that Cole and Stanton are here to stay...Who do you move or not sign and who are you keeping for the rebuild?

I alsways love to get these opinions from anyone tnn hat want to just "tear it down"
First, you analyze who has trade value. Torres, Gio, and maybe Chapman. Then you find someone that is willing to take on DJ's contract. Then, the biggest issue, Judge. He won't do enough before the end of July, so you're stuck with a Francisco Lindor situation. Hope Judge has a big second half and stays off the IL to attract interest over the winter.

Let all the old guys retire and don't sign Sanchez.

I don't touch the starting pitchers.

It'll be ugly for a few years, but it's clear to me that the current roster isn't cutting it.

First, you analyze who has trade value. Torres, Gio, and maybe Chapman. Then you find someone that is willing to take on DJ's contract. Then, the biggest issue, Judge. He won't do enough before the end of July, so you're stuck with a Francisco Lindor situation. Hope Judge has a big second half and stays off the IL to attract interest over the winter.

Let all the old guys retire and don't sign Sanchez.

I don't touch the starting pitchers.

It'll be ugly for a few years, but it's clear to me that the current roster isn't cutting it.
The good thing is that a number of teams would make an offer on DJ who signed a super team friendly contract and just having a bad year. If Judge stays healthy and ends up with a 280+ BA 40 HR type season- you could get a haul from a team willing to try to sign him long term. Torres- tough call, did he lose it or does he just need off SS? Not sure Gio or Chapman bring back much.
Yanks do need a real SS, CF and C though.

Reactions: MitchLL
The good thing is that a number of teams would make an offer on DJ who signed a super team friendly contract and just having a bad year. If Judge stays healthy and ends up with a 280+ BA 40 HR type season- you could get a haul from a team willing to try to sign him long term. Torres- tough call, did he lose it or does he just need off SS? Not sure Gio or Chapman bring back much.
Yanks do need a real SS, CF and C though.
Chapman is an elite closer. You will get value.

Wow Sterling, Blue Jays pitcher goes ape crap on Panik the 3rd baseman for a bad throw that everyone saw!

Last edited:
Hopefully that means ownership has approved going over the tax cap. You won't get much with the $3million they have to spend. Since the Yankees again own 100% of YES and ratings are going in toilet maybe they have incentives to take on big contracts.
YES had to have lost a ton of subscriber rates after all the cord-cutting moves to streaming services. I can confirm neither YouTubeTV nor Sling carry it which is why I can't recall watching a single complete game this season.

YES had to have lost a ton of subscriber rates after all the cord-cutting moves to streaming services. I can confirm neither YouTubeTV nor Sling carry it which is why I can't recall watching a single complete game this season.
Cashman has had several quotes recently about big things coming. Is it BS or was his checkbook open?
I was at the Yankees Phillies game Saturday. NY fans were out in force. Yet now fights or trash talk. Great afternoon.

Oh boy! The Yankees stole that game. That was not a foul ball! I'll take it.

Welp, I see they got rid of Ford for basically two broken bats and a warm up jacket in return.
Aside from being my son's favorite player, he was the idol of beer league ball player's everywhere.

I think the hitting should come around some more if the pitchers around the league get nervous about not getting busted for illegal substances. Unfortunately, it means others should start hitting our pitching some more too.

Yep. He seems to have finally turned things around.
Now if we can only get DJ and Gleyber going.
Problem is, he cools off faster than the time it takes for him to get going. This is the time to make a deal. His overall game is not good.
He is the one person you do not sign to a long term deal.

Great walk off win tonite. Sanchez and voit bail out Chapman
This team is so frustrating.
Never seen a Yankees team that entered the late innings of so many games with 3 or 4 hits total. Or were such abject failures hitting with runners in scoring position.

As inept as their lineup has looked at times, they are amazingly only 4.5 games out heading into Boston for their weekend series. Having Voit get hot would be YUGE.

Oh, and the new extra inning rules are still an abomination...

Reactions: Kbee3
Since the Yankees are hanging in there and within striking distance of a playoff spot, what do you think the Yanks need to do at the trade deadline. I'm going with - starting center fielder and a starting pitcher for depth purposes. They always seem to pull a bullpen guy out their a$$es each year as well.

This is all based upon being allowed to go over the luxury tax limit. I think they will. Well at least I hope they do. .

Since the Yankees are hanging in there and within striking distance of a playoff spot, what do you think the Yanks need to do at the trade deadline. I'm going with - starting center fielder and a starting pitcher for depth purposes. They always seem to pull a bullpen guy out their a$$es each year as well.

This is all based upon being allowed to go over the luxury tax limit. I think they will. Well at least I hope they do. .
Through April and May it was "we have team in place" from Cashman. Now he is talking like a buyer with money. Can't figure that guy out.

CF is the most pressing need. They don't really have anyone ready at a minor league level to step in (Florial is currently floundering in Scranton). A starting pitcher would be nice over the next several weeks - Kluber & Severino are currently on a timeline of July/August return - whether the team goes after a starter or not will reveal how they feel about either or both being able to return.

Through April and May it was "we have team in place" from Cashman. Now he is talking like a buyer with money. Can't figure that guy out.
Depends upon which way the wind blows, or how many games the Yanks win or lose in a row.

Depends upon which way the win blows, or how many games the Yanks win or lose in a row.
What is the number where they are buyers 0r what's the number they sellers. 6 games back at the dead line they are sellers

Well at least we know they should be sellers now. Flawed team that needs to be fixed. Let's go.

The other teams in their division-other than the Orioles are 31-6 vs the NL.The Yanks are 3-4.That's a good part of the gap.The Blue Jays are way below .500 vs the AL.When they run out of NL teams to play,they'll crash.

The futility of a team with these resources borders on embarrassing.

Absolute cluster#@&%.

At this point, I'd like someone to tell me what this team's strength is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT