ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How in the world did this team win thirteen games in a row? Seems like years ago now.

I just hope their farm system is well stocked because this roster is a hot mess.
The '91 Phillies won 13 in a row in early August,all while being below .500.

This is probably my least favorite Yankees team ever.
There are a number of players that I enjoy following and rooting for, but overall they've provided me with more unpleasant evenings than any other Yankees team I can recall.
Wait 'til next year.

This is probably my least favorite Yankees team ever.
There are a number of players that I enjoy following and rooting for, but overall they've provided me with more unpleasant evenings than any other Yankees team I can recall.
Wait 'til next year.
I used to enjoy a summer night out in the back yard with a cigar and beers watching the Yankees. Not so much this year. Good news is I have saved a fortune buying less cigars and beer!

Reactions: NickKnight 1
These guys are mailing it in, look like the walking dead. DJ looks like he’s in a coma. Rather watch North Carolina A&T vs Duke🏈

Sanchez is just fvcking lazy.

There's no nice way to say it.
He's not just fvcking lazy. He's probably one of the worst if not THE worst catcher at the major league level. And his .211 batting average and his stupidity on the base paths isn't worth the so-called home run power that he rarely brings anymore.

At the end of the season he needs to be dumped along with several other players I won't mention in this post.

His effort on Urshela's error wasn't good either.
Wasn’t good either?
It was the footwork of kid who’s never played baseball before.
I disagree on effort, I have no doubt Sanchez is trying, his brain is locked up and his body won’t move…it’s happened to me and it’s not fun

Reactions: WhiteBus
He's not just fvcking lazy. He's probably one of the worst if not THE worst catcher at the major league level. And his .211 batting average and his stupidity on the base paths isn't worth the so-called home run power that he rarely brings anymore.

At the end of the season he needs to be dumped along with several other players I won't mention in this post.
Correct, but let's add one more thing, that is
the effect he has on the pitcher's game, when
he calls games. For example I can't remember
his name, but a young pitcher had o.oo ERA
in 3 starts but with Sanchez calling the game
the kid kept trying to call him off. he wound up
getting knocked out of the game.
I can't believe Sanchez is still on this team.
I been watching the Yanks since TV was invented, He is a total disaster, the worse
I've ever seen, Fluck him and the GM he rode in on.

Reactions: MitchLL and RU MAN
Sorry about my age.
But Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman and Gary Gentry would have marched together into Gil Hodges office and refused to pitch to a catcher of Sanchez’s quality and ability.
Ford, Stottlemyer, Guidry and Catfish would have done the same.

Last edited:
Sorry about my age.
But Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman and Gary Gentry would have marched together into Gil Hodges office and refused to pitch to a catcher of Sanchez’s quality and ability.
Ford, Stottlemyer, Guidry and Catfish would have done the same.
I know it is a Yankee thread but deGrom and Noah S did just that a couple of years ago across town too.

Wasn’t good either?
It was the footwork of kid who’s never played baseball before.
I disagree on effort, I have no doubt Sanchez is trying, his brain is locked up and his body won’t move…it’s happened to me and it’s not fun
Won't argue that point, he's really dreadful back there. The catcher on my daughters 12u softball team has better fundamentals than he does. Might be a decent DH somewhere else but I wouldn't want him on my team.

Reactions: zappaa
Correct, but let's add one more thing, that is
the effect he has on the pitcher's game, when
he calls games. For example I can't remember
his name, but a young pitcher had o.oo ERA
in 3 starts but with Sanchez calling the game
the kid kept trying to call him off. he wound up
getting knocked out of the game.
I can't believe Sanchez is still on this team.
I been watching the Yanks since TV was invented, He is a total disaster, the worse
I've ever seen, Fluck him and the GM he rode in on.
You're thinking of Gil.

Just watch how Saturday nite ends up.

Boone will find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Yes, when he's not striking out on low and away sliders that are nowhere near the strike zone. Judge strikes out a minimum of one strikeout per game. For perspective, Mickey Mantle had struck out 100 times in a season and was booed for it. Today's ballplayer of all or nothing is IMO, a disgrace. When I played ball in the sixties and seventies, it was NOT a badge of honor to strike out. Today's players are too concerned with exit velocity and distance and will forego the little things like hit and run (blame Boone and the analytics dept.), stealing bases, and hitting more for average.

Now, don't get me wrong; I really like Judge, but he's no leader. He's nice. He says the right things, but he's no Jeter type, who wanted to win at all costs. Yes, he's a terrific ballplayer but his supporting cast isn't strong enough to get it done.

Yes, when he's not striking out on low and away sliders that are nowhere near the strike zone. Judge strikes out a minimum of one strikeout per game. For perspective, Mickey Mantle had struck out 100 times in a season and was booed for it. Today's ballplayer of all or nothing is IMO, a disgrace. When I played ball in the sixties and seventies, it was NOT a badge of honor to strike out. Today's players are too concerned with exit velocity and distance and will forego the little things like hit and run (blame Boone and the analytics dept.), stealing bases, and hitting more for average.

Now, don't get me wrong; I really like Judge, but he's no leader. He's nice. He says the right things, but he's no Jeter type, who wanted to win at all costs. Yes, he's a terrific ballplayer but his supporting cast isn't strong enough to get it done.
That's a little harsh. You don't think the modern player wants to have a .400 batting average and not strike out less? I think the uptick in strike outs is about the pitching quality going up. There will always be jacked up, home run hitters around. I just think when a starting pitcher can throw in the mid to upper 90's for inning after inning and be replaced by a guy throwing 85 mph sliders, many batters might be overmatched.

That's a little harsh. You don't think the modern player wants to have a .400 batting average and not strike out less? I think the uptick in strike outs is about the pitching quality going up. There will always be jacked up, home run hitters around. I just think when a starting pitcher can throw in the mid to upper 90's for inning after inning and be replaced by a guy throwing 85 mph sliders, many batters might be overmatched.
It may be harsh, but even with the pitching that is much better, the lack of quality at-bats is glaring in this day and age. Look, I love Judge, but if he gets the "big" contract, are we to believe that he can stay healthy enough to play in 145-150 games a year? I have my doubts. I'm thrilled he's been healthy for the most part. But he still strikes out waaaaaaaaaay too much for my taste and hasn't learned that the ball that starts outside stays outside on those sliders down and away.

And I'm not just getting on Judge. Cashman has put together a horrible team. Too many all or nothing guys. Give me a Brantley over a Stanton or Gallo any day. In today's game if you want to be the best, you need a balance of mashers and contact hitters, plus lefties and righties up and down your lineup. Even with a switch hitter like Aaron Hicks, to have started the season with all righties was unconscionable to me and malpractice by Cashman. And as far as analytics, Cashman and his puppet Boone have made a mockery out of common sense and baseball experience savvy. Boone IMO doesn't understand how to manage a bullpen to save his life. You NEVER save a better reliever for a "save" that never happens. You pitch to the situation and the other day, bringing in Romano who hasn't pitched up here in months was boneheaded, as was bringing in Heaney against the Orioles up three. The man is clueless as an in-game manager as I have ever seen.

How good do think Aaron would have been on
Jeter Teams? Or how Jeter would have fit in with
all those All stars. Conversely, how Jeter would do on these Yankee teams. I don't think their situations could be compaired compaired.

Last edited:
How good do think Aaron would have been on
Jeter Teams? Or how Jeter would have fit in with
all those All stars. Conversely, how Jeter would do on these Yankee teams. I don't think their situations could be compaired compaired.
Why can't you compare them? If Aaron played with Jeter, he wouldn't strike out as much I can tell you that. And if Jeter played now, he wouldn't put up with the lackadaisical play by Gary and Gleybor that's for sure.

Why can't you compare them? If Aaron played with Jeter, he wouldn't strike out as much I can tell you that. And if Jeter played now, he wouldn't put up with the lackadaisical play by Gary and Gleybor that's for sure.
Can't compare he had 8 or 9 all stars,
core four etc. So could they could sit Sanchez.
What can Judge demand? bring back Joe Torre?
Go back unlimited spending, 10 all atars. Throw
away Stanton's contract? Can he demand Cashman be fired. Can't compare the situations
they are two different worlds. Jeter was at the
right place at the right time.

Has nothing to do with pitching quality going up. It's about teaching everyone the launch angle swing. More homers but a lot more strikeouts. Chicks dig the longball. Real baseball fans dig high average clutch hitters who start rallys or clear the bases with a double.

Can't compare he had 8 or 9 all stars,
core four etc. So could they could sit Sanchez.
What can Judge demand? bring back Joe Torre?
Go back unlimited spending, 10 all atars. Throw
away Stanton's contract? Can he demand Cashman be fired. Can't compare the situations
they are two different worlds. Jeter was at the
right place at the right time.
Fair points. Agree to disagree.

You think the current leadership from Owner, GM and manager is good??
No! Did you read my previous posts?????? I think Cashman and Boone should be dumped after the season, and Hal has a lot to be desired as the operating owner.

Has nothing to do with pitching quality going up. It's about teaching everyone the launch angle swing. More homers but a lot more strikeouts. Chicks dig the longball. Real baseball fans dig high average clutch hitters who start rallys or clear the bases with a double.
It can be both. Pitchers in the 70s didn't throw as hard as pitchers do today. Batters have a different approach than those in the 70s.

I pissed and moaned last week when Boone brought in Green when they trailed Toronto. The misuse/overuse of the bp arms is glaring.

Tonite, Green gives up the game winner bomb.

I don't think anything changes if this team makes the post season and gets bounced in the first round. To see any changes made, they need to miss the playoffs entirely.

Reactions: RW90
Why did the Twins agree to fly to NY,then go right back home for a DH tomorrow?They should have told Manfred to stick it.

I pissed and moaned last week when Boone brought in Green when they trailed Toronto. The misuse/overuse of the bp arms is glaring.

Tonite, Green gives up the game winner bomb.

I don't think anything changes if this team makes the post season and gets bounced in the first round. To see any changes made, they need to miss the playoffs entirely.
This team is not better than Toronto or Boston.
You should really watch them play lately.

Reactions: RW90
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT