ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should share your wisdom with those so-called experts. I haven't seen a single one of them that doesn't have the Yankees winning the American League pennant.

me either. And I don’t get it...Then again baseball in 2021 is all about exit velocity, launch angle, etc. So these experts see yanks will lead league in these meaningless categories and think it translates to wins. It does not

And Mets fans complain about Yankees posting on that thread. They get shut down because of covid and come here posting hate of baseball.

My facts were right. Sorry your reading comprehensive skills sucks. Never said Mets had positives. Thanks for proving my point that most Mets fans are too stupid to post. 🤣
You said they (talking about Mets) got shut down for Covid. The Nats got shut down. Mets can still practice, work out; they are not shut down. Work on your writing skills.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
i don’t understand how yankees are favorites.

their lineup is not good. Pretty much every player is an all or nothing HR hitter or out. That’s not a recipe to win in 2021

It's the Yankees. Last year was a good season and they have a bunch of superstars, so they automatically get elevated to the top of the list the following year usually (irregardless of last year's results by the way). I call it the Note Dame football phenomenon. As a side note, not a good look for the Pinstripe faithful booing their home team players on opening day...after not seeing them in person for a year and a half.

It's the Yankees. Last year was a good season and they have a bunch of superstars, so they automatically get elevated to the top of the list the following year usually (irregardless of last year's results by the way). I call it the Note Dame football phenomenon. As a side note, not a good look for the Pinstripe faithful booing their home team players on opening day...after not seeing them in person for a year and a half.

no issues with the booing. Guys are getting paid hundreds of millions and out on a show Like that. If they can’t handle booing they shouldnt be playing

me either. And I don’t get it...Then again baseball in 2021 is all about exit velocity, launch angle, etc. So these experts see yanks will lead league in these meaningless categories and think it translates to wins. It does not

Maybe the experts would be better served to summarize their projections for a 162 game season based on their reaction to the first game like you? You probably were one of the people who wanted Torre fired in 1998 after opening week when they started 1-4 and then went on to win 114 games.

Maybe the experts would be better served to summarize their projections for a 162 game season based on their reaction to the first game like you? You probably were one of the people who wanted Torre fired in 1998 after opening week when they started 1-4 and then went on to win 114 games.

not at all. Torre was best manager we’ve had in a long time. Though this isn’t a managing problem as much as a GM problem. Cashman’s time is due

not quite sure why you compare a 5 game stretch to a3 year stretch of not living up to expectations.

no issues with the booing. Guys are getting paid hundreds of millions and out on a show Like that. If they can’t handle booing they shouldnt be playing

Normally, I probably would agree with you. But first game of the year, about 18 months since people have been out to a ball park to see their home team in the fresh NYC air, and they razz the team they should be supporting. The rest of the year should be fun.

not at all. Torre was best manager we’ve had in a long time. Though this isn’t a managing problem as much as a GM problem. Cashman’s time is due

not quite sure why you compare a 5 game stretch to a3 year stretch of not living up to expectations.
What would you like to see the next GM do differently? Ditch the analytics? Spend more on free agents? Focus less on home run hitting? Changes in pitching?

I'm a big fan of Cashman but I'm curious to hear.

My facts were right. Sorry your reading comprehensive skills sucks. Never said Mets had positives. Thanks for proving my point that most Mets fans are too stupid to post. 🤣
I agree, you only said shut down and I understood what you meant. Mets fans didn’t have their own game to bitch about so they come over here instead...
While true...I really didn’t see anything horrible written by a Met’s fan.
to be honest, I really would have concerns with the Yankees too. Much of them having a great season relies on being healthy. And that is a huge concern.

Last edited:
What would you like to see the next GM do differently? Ditch the analytics? Spend more on free agents? Focus less on home run hitting? Changes in pitching?

I'm a big fan of Cashman but I'm curious to hear.

focus 100% less on home run hitting. We need contact hitters.

Reactions: czxqa
2nd 4 hr game already, just too long for me, Baseball needs to do something about it, and putting a runner on 2nd in Xtra innings is not
enough.

2nd 4 hr game already, just too long for me, Baseball needs to do something about it, and putting a runner on 2nd in Xtra innings is not
enough.

Agreed. 9 inning games shouldn't routinely take 4 hours. MLB needs to do a root cause analysis and see what the driver is. My guess is that there is a lot of wasted time between pitches, but that's just a guess on my part.

Agreed. 9 inning games shouldn't routinely take 4 hours. MLB needs to do a root cause analysis and see what the driver is. My guess is that there is a lot of wasted time between pitches, but that's just a guess on my part.

A big part of it is the amount of commercials between innings but you know they are not going to cut those down.

enough.
Phillies Braves 2 hours 30 minutes yesterday. So it can be done. What makes it even better was it made Mets fans cringe as Zach Wheeler was brilliant. 7in, 1 hit, 10 strike outs.

Phillies Braves 2 hours 30 minutes yesterday. So it can be done. What makes it even better was it made Mets fans cringe as Zach Wheeler was brilliant. 7in, 1 hit, 10 strike outs.
Sonny Gray says "Hold my beer" Since leaving Yanks- 16-11 3.07 and 277 K's in 231 innings...

But- you are right. We do cringe because the old regime should have found a way to do it. But, even at the time, I think most baseball people thought Phillies overpaid. Glad we have a different owner, is all I can say. You guys still do have Cashman 😁

Today on the Phillies' telecast,Mike Schmidt brought up Toms River's Andy Messersmith.So I looked up his career and found out that he was on the '78 Yankees,something that I couldn't remember for some reason.

Yanks can’t hit , who’s would have thought . I’d absolutely start shopping judge and Stanton. Over paid to strike out

the difference is you can’t get anything for hicks lol
First of all, what are we (Cashman) doing giving
a $70,000,000 10 year contract to an unproven
player? Then the day after it is signed, he says my back hurts, then he misses the first year.
Then after the Ellsbury fiasco, he makes the
Stanton trade. nobody is taken on his salary
not even half. I know every body makes mistakes but hasn't Cashman reached the limit?

First of all, what are we (Cashman) doing giving
a $70,000,000 10 year contract to an unproven
player? Then the day after it is signed, he says my back hurts, then he misses the first year.
Then after the Ellsbury fiasco, he makes the
Stanton trade. nobody is taken on his salary
not even half. I know every body makes mistakes but hasn't Cashman reached the limit?
Agreed on Cashman everyone says how great a GM he is; I think he is terrible unlimited checkbook all these years and the Yankees have won only 1 world series in 20 years; he is terrible at developing home grown talent; so many bad trades and contracts the Stanton trade is going to hurt the Yanks for the next 5-6 years I don't even know how many years he has left on that contract

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Agreed on Cashman everyone says how great a GM he is; I think he is terrible unlimited checkbook all these years and the Yankees have won only 1 world series in 20 years; he is terrible at developing home grown talent; so many bad trades and contracts the Stanton trade is going to hurt the Yanks for the next 5-6 years I don't even know how many years he has left on that contract
And the world series he did win, was with the Gene Michael team he put together. With the core 4 and other super stars. And inherited the
1996 world Champs. As that team got old Brian
just sat on his hands.

Anything less than a WS appearance in 2021 should be the end of Cashman.

That's all I've got. 😒

Yanks can’t hit , who’s would have thought . I’d absolutely start shopping judge and Stanton. Over paid to strike out
Stanton isnt going anywhere. No trade clause and he loves being a Yankee. Worst trade ever.

Every. Single. Year. It’s 3 ****ing games. When’s the last time the Yankees didn’t get off to a slow start? Everyone needs to calm the hell down. They haven’t even played a night game yet and people are freaking out. Lol.

The season is clearly over. The question is: will they win another game or go 1-161?

The season is clearly over. The question is: will they win another game or go 1-161?
It's been well-documented that a team that opens the season losing two of three at home to a division rival will have a miserable year.
Seriously though, someone has to answer a question I've been asking for at least a year now.....what is Hicks doing batting 3rd ?

It's been well-documented that a team that opens the season losing two of three at home to a division rival will have a miserable year.
Seriously though, someone has to answer a question noI've been asking for at least a year now.....what is Hicks doing batting 3rd ?
Yeah, I have been asking the same, get someone with a high chance of getting on base to bat 2nd
and bat Judge 3rd where he belongs, as it stands
now if the lead off is hitting 333 there is a 1 of 3 chance of Judge having a man on base for him. Now
put two 280 hitters in front of him that can also draw walks, and you got a much better chance af scoring.

Seriously though, someone has to answer a question I've been asking for at least a year now.....what is Hicks doing batting 3rd ?

Let me answer this and hopefully people read it and understand.

1. He typically has very good plate discipline and sees a lot of pitches. They like that at the top of the lineup.

2. He’s a switch hitter and he breaks up the right handedness of the lineup.

3. He’s shown a propensity for clutch hits in his time with the Yankees.

4. They feel like batting him between Stanton and Judge will lead to him seeing better pitches to hit.

It’s been 3 games. You may not agree with it (neither do I - I would bat Torres 3rd) but that’s why he’s there.

Let me answer this and hopefully people read it and understand.

1. He typically has very good plate discipline and sees a lot of pitches. They like that at the top of the lineup.

2. He’s a switch hitter and he breaks up the right handedness of the lineup.

3. He’s shown a propensity for clutch hits in his time with the Yankees.

4. They feel like batting him between Stanton and Judge will lead to him seeing better pitches to hit.

It’s been 3 games. You may not agree with it (neither do I - I would bat Torres 3rd) but that’s why he’s there.
He's a career 230s hitter. Should not be at top of lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT