ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I have been asking the same, get someone with a high chance of getting on base to bat 2nd
and bat Judge 3rd where he belongs, as it stands
now if the lead off is hitting 333 there is a 1 of 3 chance of Judge having a man on base for him. Now
put two 280 hitters in front of him that can also draw walks, and you got a much better chance af scoring.
Also don't put a guy averging 125 with 3 strikes
outs a game behind Judge, that will get Judge walked.

Top of the order should be LeMahieu Torres judge.
‘Good eye, sees a lot of pitches, works a lot of walks’ Should not describe your number three hitter playing centerfield
Cannot think of a better order. And if we have
someone hot, put him behind Judge not 9th
like we did with Fraizer.

Agreed on Cashman everyone says how great a GM he is; I think he is terrible unlimited checkbook all these years and the Yankees have won only 1 world series in 20 years; he is terrible at developing home grown talent; so many bad trades and contracts the Stanton trade is going to hurt the Yanks for the next 5-6 years I don't even know how many years he has left on that contract
Think about the talent he could have brought in a couple of years ago for Andujar and Sanchez...I think Cashman has not taken advantage of moving a player that is a hot commodity but who also has a ton of holes in their game that got exposed later.
It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years with guys like Judge. Crazy question...I don't believe for a second that Yanks will have a horrible year but if something crazy happens and they are 15 games out at the trading deadline- do you trade Judge to a contender for a goldmine?

They don’t care about batting average, they care about on-base percentage. His OBP was .379 last year.
Although I don't think much of Hick's bat, I wasn't suggesting they remove him from the lineup. I don't think they have better options at his position right now. I just don't want a guy hitting third whose selling point is on-base-percentage.

Think about the talent he could have brought in a couple of years ago for Andujar and Sanchez...I think Cashman has not taken advantage of moving a player that is a hot commodity but who also has a ton of holes in their game that got exposed later.
It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years with guys like Judge. Crazy question...I don't believe for a second that Yanks will have a horrible year but if something crazy happens and they are 15 games out at the trading deadline- do you trade Judge to a contender for a goldmine?
If Judge plays to the deadline without injury = HELL NO

If Judge gets injured again prior to the deadline = MAYBE

Judge needs to stay on the field.

Although I don't think much of Hick's bat, I wasn't suggesting they remove him from the lineup. I don't think they have better options at his position right now. I just don't want a guy hitting third whose selling point is on-base-percentage.
+1
His performance screams for him to be batting 6th or 7th.

So, you might think of trading Judge if he gets hit by a pitch which breaks a bone or two in his hand ?

So, you might think of trading Judge if he gets hit by a pitch which breaks a bone or two in his hand ?
Maybe means maybe (so it depends on the circumstances). Everyone gets hit on the hand from time to time. Don't get a broken hand (where a pad or toughen up! :) ).

Reactions: Kbee3
I’m not worried about the regular season. I just don’t see what makes them a better playoff team. Seems like it’s the same team as last year.

It's been well-documented that a team that opens the season losing two of three at home to a division rival will have a miserable year.
Seriously though, someone has to answer a question I've been asking for at least a year now.....what is Hicks doing batting 3rd ?
Look at the Yankees starts in their WS years.
Calm the F down!

I dont mind Hicks but there was ZERO reasons signing him to a long term contract. He is the definition of average.

My point is that he is a FA in a couple of years...Let's say only by chance Yanks are out of it and Judge has played healthy and having a good but not HUGE year- let's say .270 18 HR at trading deadline...If the Yanks hope to sign him long term, he will be wanting a 7/150 or better contract. But...we all know he is an injury waiting to happen. But, then again, maybe that is in the past and you can lock him in for 35-45 HR a year for the next 5 years. But it is a gamble.
But, if he is .270 18 HR and his defense at the trade deadline- Some team will give you their entire farm system for him.
If he is injured in 1st half- no one is going to give you anything for him to try to make the playoff run...And if he is healthy and in a monster season, even if Yanks are out of it, you most likely keep him.

Who knows but one way or another- Yanks will have to take a chance on him or lose him for nothing...

I dont mind Hicks but there was ZERO reasons signing him to a long term contract. He is the definition of average.
Agree with this- Hicks seems like a good teammate, great fielder and he can have a dangerous bat. The problem is the 7/70...They should have gone for a 4/40 type deal on him or let him walk.
And no way do you put him in the 3 spot. The man should be a 6 hitter.

Agree with this- Hicks seems like a good teammate, great fielder and he can have a dangerous bat. The problem is the 7/70...They should have gone for a 4/40 type deal on him or let him walk.
And no way do you put him in the 3 spot. The man should be a 6 hitter.
I wouldn't even go that high.

Which Mets fan reported me for saying 0-1 on their board? 😂

So thin skinned over in Flushing Nation

What happened to a little good natured ribbing?

I'll take Richie's warning and let the Mutts fans have their safe space.

Yea that ones a bit of a head scratcher for me especially with Dietrich at the alternate site.

As soon as I saw the line up, I liked it and said, it is about time Aaron. Meaning Aaron the coach, Aaron the Judge, and Aaron Hicks for sitting, and guess what, they each gave us great results.

This is truly what the **** territory. The guy hits around the Mendoza line, can't get on base, can't field, couldn't even make the Rangers out of camp, what in the world are the Yanks going to do with him?

https://nypost.com/2021/04/06/yankees-trading-for-rangers-infielder-rougned-odor/

Hard to tell. Maybe they don't think Voit's return will be delayed and they needed another back-up piece or maybe they see something in Odor where they think he can be brought back to his first 3 years form - he's still only 26 / 27 years old.

I read somewhere that his value to our salary cap is zero as long as he stays on the 40 man roster until the end of the year. Knowing how they don't want to go over the cap is that all the move is? Being money efficient with a backup player, while trying to salvage his left handed bat for the short porch?

I honestly have no idea as it's a WTF kind of move to me too.

Did you ever think, maybe, Richie saw for himself and was just trying to nip it, since last years Met fan that got all the blame hasn't been on, yet you and your minions have paid several visits already?

Did you ever think, maybe, Richie saw for himself and was just trying to nip it, since last years Met fan that got all the blame hasn't been on, yet you and your minions have paid several visits already?

I’m kind of finding it hard to believe a simple ball busting “0-1” not only got you reported but made Richie feel the need to do something. But, if it takes your sorry self off the Mets thread, then it is all good. Stay here and enjoy the Yankees.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
HIs upcoming free agency will be fascinating. The Yankees cannot allow themselves to give him a long term contract. There's hardly any chance it will turn out positively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT