ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread

I hadn't realized Torreyes had more to give.Give Girardi credit for getting him.

Hoskins knocked in 6 and gave up 3 on defense.DH for him next year.Rizzo is a free agent.

Nola is a worry.He'll next pitch at Citi Field on Friday.

Reactions: TM94goRU
I hadn't realized Torreyes had more to give.Give Girardi credit for getting him.

Hoskins knocked in 6 and gave up 3 on defense.DH for him next year.Rizzo is a free agent.

Nola is a worry.He'll next pitch at Citi Field on Friday.
No need to get Rizzo. Bohm is your 1B of the future.

Reactions: WhiteBus
No need to get Rizzo. Bohm is your 1B of the future.
Agree that there is no need to get Rizzo. Besides he will be 32 next year. Why would you pay anyone big money when they are on the beginning of the slide down. I like Bohm at 3rd.

There was no way they win a game like that last year. They wouldn't have got the hits and no way the bullpen holds out for 6 innings.

Needed that one yesterday. Win the series today and 3-3 @LA and @SF is a great outcome.
As for Nola, I have faith he will pitch well in big spots (i.e. against NL East opponents).

I may go to the doubleheader Friday Night at Citi Field(The Mets have instituted a policy of money talks,vaccines walk).

I have to wait until Wednesday Night to see if the Islanders have a Game 7 on Friday Night.

Bohm is batting in the .220’s and only has 4 HRs basically playing everyday. Nothing against the kid but there’s no way you’d take him at 1B over Rizzo.
Bohm is basically in his first full season and hopefully on the ascent. Rizzo is 31. I could see a very clear argument.

I may go to the doubleheader Friday Night at Citi Field(The Mets have instituted a policy of money talks,vaccines walk).

I have to wait until Wednesday Night to see if the Islanders have a Game 7 on Friday Night.
i went to the Yankee game last night, decent crowd for a what looked to be a rainy tuesday night vs the Royals. attendance was garbage with the team struggling and many (like myself) not going because didn't want to deal with test bullshit. how quickly that went away lol.

Classic Neris. He appeared to be throwing batting practice.
I'd also like just one game where Keystone Kops fielding in one inning doesn't lead to a run.

This team will consistently disappoint. Plenty of opportunities to make our move in the standings but we’re clearly just not good enough. Constantly finding different ways to lose.

If they bring Neris into this game, I’m going to drive to empty Citizens Bank Park and shout profanity for hours.

This team just can't. Like all subpar teams they find ways to screw up. Even in some wins.

Got the split. Winning both games like we should have would’ve gotten us within 3 GB. Pressure is on to win tomorrow. Can’t go into Sunday with a chance at losing 3 out of 4. Go 7 GB and the season is all but over IMO.

Here are 4 stats that I heard listening to the game on WIP today that are sure signs this team is going nowhere.

1) Harper has 11 HRs this season - all of them are solo.

2) The Phillies have allowed 8 PH HRs this season. The teams with the next most are tied with 5.

3) Out of the 74 games the Phillies have played this season, only 11 have had JT, Hoskins, Segura, Didi, Harper and Cutch in the lineup together.

4) The Phillies have blown 19 saves out of 35 attempts.

Here are 4 stats that I heard listening to the game on WIP today that are sure signs this team is going nowhere.

1) Harper has 11 HRs this season - all of them are solo.

2) The Phillies have allowed 8 PH HRs this season. The teams with the next most are tied with 5.

3) Out of the 74 games the Phillies have played this season, only 11 have had JT, Hoskins, Segura, Didi, Harper and Cutch in the lineup together.

4) The Phillies have blown 19 saves out of 35 attempts.
Number 4 is a killer. Number 3- not surprising. Seems the same for almost every team.

Girardi stopped playing Miller at 2nd after his misplays against Washington cost a run each in those 2 run losses.So that's a point for him there.Not walking Lindor in Friday's first game is mind boggling.Big demerit.Not using Feliz today in the 9th is Demerit two.Since Segura got hurt,this team has fallen apart.

Number 4 is a killer. Number 3- not surprising. Seems the same for almost every team.
The blown save stat is a bit misleading though. A middle reliever could enter the game in the 6th with a 2-1 lead, and give up a run to make it 2-2. He is charged with a blown save, even though there was no chance he was going to pitch the four innings needed to get the save.

Yesterday both Suarez and Neris were charged with a blown save. I don't know whether that inflates the team stats.

Also, I don't know what happens if the middle reliever blows the save, the team retakes the lead, and the closer gets the save. Does that count as one of each?

So, I don't know how meaningful the team stat is.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I don't get Neris. He has GREAT stuff, but has that same look on his face that Armando Benítez had when he was with the Mets!

The blown save stat is a bit misleading though. A middle reliever could enter the game in the 6th with a 2-1 lead, and give up a run to make it 2-2. He is charged with a blown save, even though there was no chance he was going to pitch the four innings needed to get the save.

Yesterday both Suarez and Neris were charged with a blown save. I don't know whether that inflates the team stats.

Also, I don't know what happens if the middle reliever blows the save, the team retakes the lead, and the closer gets the save. Does that count as one of each?

So, I don't know how meaningful the team stat is.
You're absolutely right. But Neris has blown 11 legitimate save chances. We're easily 6 games better in the standings if we had a real closer.

Unbelievable. Ok, I'm out. I'll watch the NBA finals and the Bachelorette before I look at another Phillies box score. Giving up on them this early sucks, but it's over.

Agreed. I will watch from time to time but don’t have any real hopes of this team going anywhere.

Reactions: TM94goRU
The people on the 5 am show on WIP have advocated a fire sale to get prospects.I'm not there yet.I still plan to go to Yankee Stadium in 3 weeks.

Another day another plan for Howard. I guess this is for the better as it looks like they aren't contending this year, so build him up for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT