ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread

Phillies win, but bullpen is horrible. By the way, for those that bet, the last seven games I have been to that Alvarado pitches, the Phillies have lost. Can we please throw in the towel on him ( and others). Might be going to Sunday’s game.

Tomorrow is a HUGE game.A sweep pulls the Fightins' within 6.5 of the wild card with 13 weeks to go.Pick up half a game a week and it's tied up.

The halfway mark is tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a HUGE game.A sweep pulls the Fightins' within 6.5 of the wild card with 13 weeks to go.Pick up half a game a week and it's tied up.

The halfway mark is tomorrow.

I think the wild card path is more difficult than winning the NL East. We have plenty of games vs. the NL East to make up ground. Plus LAD, SD, SF are all better than ATL, NYM and DC and will be harder to catch.

The wild card dream is over.It's time to blow through Chicago,a team on a 9 game losing streak and getting ready to sell.

Reactions: TM94goRU
No weaknesses in this lineup now with everyone back healthy. We can score runs with timely hitting and each guy is very capable of doing that.

I think the wild card path is more difficult than winning the NL East. We have plenty of games vs. the NL East to make up ground. Plus LAD, SD, SF are all better than ATL, NYM and DC and will be harder to catch.

No weaknesses in this lineup now with everyone back healthy. We can score runs with timely hitting and each guy is very capable of doing that.
Mets fan, here. Agree with both of these posts, except San Diego. Washington will be hampered without Schwarber, but they beat San Diego last night. San Diego is 4-7 against the NL East. SF and LAD will be tough for the NL East teams to pass.
Still think that any of Mets, Phillies, Atlanta or Washington can win the East. All 4 teams have either/both underperformed or hampered by injuries.

Last edited:
Alright the Phillies hang on. It is amazing, we score 15 runs, and it felt touch and go all night.

Reactions: rufancoe00
Cubs starting pitching is bad. We won starting Moore, follow that with Nola, Wheeler and Eflin… a much needed sweep is in order, especially with Boston before the All Star break. Would love to see us pull within 3 of NYM by the break and let them really start feeling the pressure.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Very nice win today. The Phils have to win tomorrow, win the series, and finish .500 at the deadline. With any good luck, come out of the break on a tear.

The division is there for the taking with the addition of a couple of bullpen arms. Win today, and get into the break at .500 -- time for the ace to pitch like an ace.

Knapp to catch first game.Vierling up.He may be the 27th man.Brogdon still not back,Hammer time stays.Falter back.

I was there yesterday for every pitch. Third base side was in shade, but first base side was very hot and I saw people frequently go up into the concourse to get a break. I buy standing room so I was in the shade the whole time. Just a tip, if you stand near the Shake Shack dining area, they have air conditioning that comes blasting out into the concourse. Good place to stand. Also, remember the Phillies let you bring in water and soda as long as it isn’t in glass containers. Second game was bad, but I am always happy with a split in a doubleheader. Fireworks were very good too.

Reactions: WhiteBus
I was there yesterday for every pitch. Third base side was in shade, but first base side was very hot and I saw people frequently go up into the concourse to get a break. I buy standing room so I was in the shade the whole time. Just a tip, if you stand near the Shake Shack dining area, they have air conditioning that comes blasting out into the concourse. Good place to stand. Also, remember the Phillies let you bring in water and soda as long as it isn’t in glass containers. Second game was bad, but I am always happy with a split in a doubleheader. Fireworks were very good too.
Where do you live?

I take Route 70 East to I-295 South around Marlton/Cherry Hill. Then I take I-76 to the Walt Whitman Bridge.

Reactions: WhiteBus
I'll be there tonight and tomorrow.

Tonight,Nola returns to the hill after......you know,the thing.I think that Bohm can return tomorrow.

I hope that the No.4 is well fortified with gendarmes to ward off the local entrepreneurs.

Phillies not so good.
Certainly not catching the Mets.
Certainly not? Not sure how you can make that statement. The Mets aren't a great team, and their best pitcher plus Lindor (supposed to be their best hitter) are hurt. Phils are 3 games out and will be buyers. This is far from over.

Certainly not? Not sure how you can make that statement. The Mets aren't a great team, and their best pitcher plus Lindor (supposed to be their best hitter) are hurt. Phils are 3 games out and will be buyers. This is far from over.
He's a front runner fan, who when his team does something good comes out of the woodwork. He's been in hiding most of the summer. We've learned to laugh and deal with him and his minions. That fanbase is a bunch of Good Time Charlies, lol. The NL East won't be decided till the last week of the season. Notice how he didn't say $hit about the Phillies till after the fact.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It's a three way race, in no particular order- Mets, Braves, Phillies. Don't rule out the Nationals either.
Mets could be a great team if their pitching staff stayed healthy, but despite losing not only deGrom, no Thor, no Carrasco, and I've lost track of who else is on IL, they continue to stay in 1st place. Not great, but good enough. The Phils (and perhaps the Braves) have the most potent offense(s), but they seem to find ways to lose--with the Phils it is the bullpen. And Lindor is by far not the Mets' best hitter.

If the Phils solve their bullpen issues, they can pass the Mets (who have a 13 game stretch against the Dodgers and Giants in August). Right now, it's anyone's guess.

It's a three way race, in no particular order- Mets, Braves, Phillies. Don't rule out the Nationals either.
Mets could be a great team if their pitching staff stayed healthy, but despite losing not only deGrom, no Thor, no Carrasco, and I've lost track of who else is on IL, they continue to stay in 1st place. Not great, but good enough. The Phils (and perhaps the Braves) have the most potent offense(s), but they seem to find ways to lose--with the Phils it is the bullpen. And Lindor is by far not the Mets' best hitter.

If the Phils solve their bullpen issues, they can pass the Mets (who have a 13 game stretch against the Dodgers and Giants in August). Right now, it's anyone's guess.
Agree- tight race this year. No team playing well and all off us with holes.

ADVERTISEMENT