ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mc-gruff-crime.gif

Reactions: Knight Shift
Not sure how the game ends up but I really like this damn team. Maybe we didn’t get a lefty or C. But almost every other move is winning games. And…out of no where- Nido seems to be doing something in every game he is in of late.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I stopped reading your post right there.

COVID year absolutely does count for the Dodgers (and I am hardly a fan of theirs). In fact you could say it should count extra because of the expanded playoffs. Despite having the best record in all of baseball, the Dodgers had to go through FOUR rounds of playoffs to win the title. That is a gauntlet that no first place team has had to run before or since.

Now if the Dodgers had sneaked into the playoffs as an eight seed with a below .500 record, and then gone on an insane postseason run, you could I guess claim their title lacked validity. But they didn't, and you can't.
It does count because every other team in MLB played by the same rules as the Dodgers. They played better than everyone else that year.

The Mets were idiots for not making that 8 team playoff that year.
Guys guys guys. As someone who clearly doesn’t have a dog in this race. Let me confirm the Doyers World Series run doesn’t count.

That’s all I’ve got.

Also LA is shit hole

Must be an ESPN misprint. I'm looking at the standings, and the JV currently has passed the Varsity, the same Varsity that is on it's way to 120 wins. How can it be that the lowly Mutts, JV of a Circus Clown Show have the second best record in all of MLB? It's always a great night when we get to root and witness 2 wins in one night. 😁 We have the best closer in baseball, the best starting pitching staff and a lineup that can strike from both sides of the plate. Plenty of contact hitters that love to work counts. Anything can happen in a short playoff series, lord knows we see that every year watching playoff baseball of other teams, but the JV Mutts have The Circus Clown Car about as ready as any team in baseball to make a run. We shall see, as a major injury or cold streak could change everything.🎺🤞 ⚾

Last edited:
Big RHP today
MLB season Debut
Was terrible in AAA to start year and released by cardinals. He has pitched much better in his last 22 innings with Cincinnati’s AAA team.

Must be an ESPN misprint. I'm looking at the standings, and the JV currently has passed the Varsity, the same Varsity that is on it's way to 120 wins. How can it be that the lowly Mutts, JV of a Circus Clown Show have the second best record in all of MLB? It's always a great night when we get to root and witness 2 wins in one night. 😁 We have the best closer in baseball, the best starting pitching staff and a lineup that can strike from both sides of the plate. Plenty of contact hitters that love to work counts. Anything can happen in a short playoff series, lord knows we see that every year watching playoff baseball of other teams, but the JV Mutts have The Circus Clown Car about as ready as any team in baseball to make a run. We shall see, as a major injury or cold streak could change everything.🎺🤞 ⚾
It is crazy how the season has gone but to be honest- no need to even mention the other team. Just celebrate that we have made our way into the 2nd best record in baseball- and I believe, we are only 4.5 behind the leader.

Working the counts may be our team's biggest strength. Even a guy like Alonso- he may still K a lot but like last night, he is working the count to an 11 pitch AB.

About a week ago- I think I saw something that had our hitters in the top 2 or 3 in the league for most pitches per AB and on the other side, I believe our pitchers were similar- in the top 2-3 staff with the fewest pitches thrown per AB...And that is also being one of the top teams with K's per 9 innings.

Reactions: tico brown
August 9 Mets Farm Report (Top 25 prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1) Francisco Alvarez C (AAA Syracuse) – 1/4, RBI, 2 K, .195/.796

2) Brett Baty 3B/OF (AAA Syracuse) – 0/4, .000/.000

3) Ronny Mauricio SS (AA Binghamton) – 0/4, K, .249/.767

4) Alex Ramirez OF (High A Brooklyn) – 1/5, 2 K, .266/.802

5) Mark Vientos 3B/1B (AAA Syracuse) - DNP

6) Matt Allan RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured – Elbow expected return 2023

7) Khalil Lee OF (AAA Syracuse) – 1/3, R, 2 K, .200/.695

8) Nick Plummer OF (AAA Syracuse) – 1/4, K, .225/.689

9) Dominic Hamel RHP (High A Brooklyn) – DNP

10) Joel Diaz RHP (Low A St. Lucie) – 5.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 6.41, W(2-1)

11) Calvin Ziegler RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

12) Jose Butto RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP

13) Simon Juan OF (Rookie DSL Mets 1) – 0/3, 2 K, .219/.646

14) Jaylen Palmer 3B/OF (High A Brooklyn) – DNP

15) Carlos Cortes 2B/OF (AA Binghamton) – 0/3, K, .237/.700

16) Junior Santos RHP (High A Brooklyn) - DNP

17) Eric Orze RHP (AAA Syracuse) – Injured – Expected return 2022

18) Robert Dominguez RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - Injured – Arm surgery expected return 2023

19) JT Schwartz 1B (High A Brooklyn) – Injured Expected return 2022

20) Hayden Senger C (AA Binghamton) – 1/1, BB, .227/.668

21) Mike Vasil RHP (High A Brooklyn) – Injured Expected return 2022

22) Jake Mangum OF (AAA Syracuse) - Injured – Back expected return 2023

23) Jordany Ventura RHP (Low A St. Lucie) – Injured Expected return 2022

24) Josh Walker LHP (Low A St. Lucie) – 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 2.08

25) Christian Scott RHP (High A Brooklyn) – DNP

Non Top 25 Notables

Junior Tillen SS (Low A St. Lucie) – 2/4, 2B(13), 2 R, RBI, BB, .270/.771

Kevin Parada C (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

Jett Williams SS (FCL Mets) – 0/2, R, RBI, BB, K, SB(1), .200/.575

Blake Tidwell SP (FCL Mets) – 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 0.00

I’ll see myself out then. I’ll be sure to check back in when the dodgers fold in a pressure spot, again.
For the record, would love to see SD surge past LA, but don't see it happening. It's still early, but those high priced trades need to gel. It's early (did I say that?), but the Mets bargain basement picks in the trades are coming up roses. It's early, though. It's early. It's early.

Regarding your opinion on LA, Maynard James Keenan nailed it in the song Aenema in 1996. Language is is salty, but on point.
Here in this hopeless f____ing hole we call L.A.
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away

August 9 Mets Farm Report (Top 25 prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1) Francisco Alvarez C (AAA Syracuse) – 1/4, RBI, 2 K, .195/.796

2) Brett Baty 3B/OF (AAA Syracuse) – 0/4, .000/.000

3) Ronny Mauricio SS (AA Binghamton) – 0/4, K, .249/.767

4) Alex Ramirez OF (High A Brooklyn) – 1/5, 2 K, .266/.802

5) Mark Vientos 3B/1B (AAA Syracuse) - DNP

6) Matt Allan RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured – Elbow expected return 2023

7) Khalil Lee OF (AAA Syracuse) – 1/3, R, 2 K, .200/.695

8) Nick Plummer OF (AAA Syracuse) – 1/4, K, .225/.689

9) Dominic Hamel RHP (High A Brooklyn) – DNP

10) Joel Diaz RHP (Low A St. Lucie) – 5.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 6.41, W(2-1)

11) Calvin Ziegler RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

12) Jose Butto RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP

13) Simon Juan OF (Rookie DSL Mets 1) – 0/3, 2 K, .219/.646

14) Jaylen Palmer 3B/OF (High A Brooklyn) – DNP

15) Carlos Cortes 2B/OF (AA Binghamton) – 0/3, K, .237/.700

16) Junior Santos RHP (High A Brooklyn) - DNP

17) Eric Orze RHP (AAA Syracuse) – Injured – Expected return 2022

18) Robert Dominguez RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - Injured – Arm surgery expected return 2023

19) JT Schwartz 1B (High A Brooklyn) – Injured Expected return 2022

20) Hayden Senger C (AA Binghamton) – 1/1, BB, .227/.668

21) Mike Vasil RHP (High A Brooklyn) – Injured Expected return 2022

22) Jake Mangum OF (AAA Syracuse) - Injured – Back expected return 2023

23) Jordany Ventura RHP (Low A St. Lucie) – Injured Expected return 2022

24) Josh Walker LHP (Low A St. Lucie) – 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 2.08

25) Christian Scott RHP (High A Brooklyn) – DNP

Non Top 25 Notables

Junior Tillen SS (Low A St. Lucie) – 2/4, 2B(13), 2 R, RBI, BB, .270/.771

Kevin Parada C (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

Jett Williams SS (FCL Mets) – 0/2, R, RBI, BB, K, SB(1), .200/.575

Blake Tidwell SP (FCL Mets) – 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 0.00
I don't know if it was you that made the mistake or if you just copy and paste this from someplace, but it's Blade Tidwell. May as well get used to it.

For the record, would love to see SD surge past LA, but don't see it happening. It's still early, but those high priced trades need to gel. It's early (did I say that?), but the Mets bargain basement picks in the trades are coming up roses. It's early, though. It's early. It's early.

Regarding your opinion on LA, Maynard James Keenan nailed it in the song Aenema in 1996. Language is is salty, but on point.
They’re just pressing right now tbh. Melvin event talked about it the other night.

Last night Soto got his first HR and Manny hit a 3 run walk off. Big for the team.

Difference for you guys is you maintained your core and added pieces around it to fill needs. We essentially replaced our core (if we even had one) and in theory it should work. We’ll see.

What this makes me think of our organization vs let's say a SD at the trade deadline- and this even goes to our off season pickups- Eppler/Cohen seem to like the "fit" even more than the big splash. Every one of our pickups this year just seem to be amazing clubhouse guys and hardnose players vs going for the big name

What this makes me think of our organization vs let's say a SD at the trade deadline- and this even goes to our off season pickups- Eppler/Cohen seem to like the "fit" even more than the big splash. Every one of our pickups this year just seem to be amazing clubhouse guys and hardnose players vs going for the big name
The ever-pessimistic (Mets/RU) side of me is waiting for the shoe to drop with Ruf and Vogelbach and for them to turn into busts. OTOH, I'm optimistic that Givens will "give" the Mets some good outings, despite his rough start. You never really know how these things will work out. But Mets announcers on radio and TV have said several times that fit and chemistry were important to the Mets, and that will not change.

The ever-pessimistic (Mets/RU) side of me is waiting for the shoe to drop with Ruf and Vogelbach and for them to turn into busts. OTOH, I'm optimistic that Givens will "give" the Mets some good outings, despite his rough start. You never really know how these things will work out. But Mets announcers on radio and TV have said several times that fit and chemistry were important to the Mets, and that will not change.
Even the off season guys- even Escobar(bad year) and Canha(ehhh year) Bassitt(Good year) Marte(Great year)

All of these guys have just been good guys- Even with Canha losing playing time with Naquin and Escobar to LG- these guys just keep being team players.

Womens day at game today
All walk up music sang by women
Vogey chose Milkshake brings the boys to the yard 😂😂😂

Doesn't it seem like such a short time ago when we were only 19 games over .500 and starting to get that dreaded feeling?

And to even put that into perspective- currently, there are only 5 teams that are at 19 over .500 or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT