OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mets fans at the first sign of trouble:

Panic Omg GIF
Screaming The Muppets GIF
Scream GIF by Zanahoria Sarcástica
Dying Family Feud GIF by Steve Harvey

And where does that come from? Against the Braves (13.50 ERA) and St. Louis (18.00 ERA)- Braves and St Louies are #2 and #4 in NL in RBIs ans SLG and #2 and #3 in OPS. Sh!t happens. Mets won.
These are the teams we will be playing in October, not the Nats

Reactions: RUforJERSEY
Brilliant, thanks for pointing that out. Was hoping for the Reds, Pirates or the Nats. Since coming back from the IL, his ERA has been 2.25 before tonight, including games against Phillies and Braves. The usual overreactions and drama from this forum.

Well, we are 9-6 against Braves, 11-4 against Phil’s, 2-0 against Yanks, 5-2 Cards, 2-2 Dodgers, 2-4 Padres
Overall- pretty good against the Oct type teams…and most of that without deGrom or a DH.

Anyone saying Diaz should be in for a 2nd inning with a 3 run lead is an idiot. Diaz is our most important piece for a WS run. If we had not scored in the 9th, then yes, bring him back in. But with scoring, you would think even your worst RP isn’t giving up 3-4 runs.
I think some of our baseball minds blowup during games and immediately after. If Diaz came out for a 2nd inning and something happened, you all would have wanted Buck’s head for being so dumb.

Braves have confirmed that Fried will start tonight.

I do hope that no one on this board objects if Baty is not in the lineup tonight. In the kid's second day in the majors, no need to subject him to one of the toughest lefties in the game.

Diaz ready for today…thank heavens. Lets hope Jake can get thru 6 or 7 innings with a low pitch count. Gotta hope the bats continue to stay hot

I think many of the people saying it would be idiotic to send Diaz back out there for the 9th would be singing a different tune if May blew the save and the Braves were 2.5 games back today going for the sweep. Acuna nearly tied it on the last out. Last night's game was as important as game 1 last week vs. the Braves. It was a must win and Diaz should have finished it.

Reactions: zebnatto
I think many of the people saying it would be idiotic to send Diaz back out there for the 9th would be singing a different tune if May blew the save and the Braves were 2.5 games back today going for the sweep. Acuna nearly tied it on the last out. Last night's game was as important as game 1 last week vs. the Braves. It was a must win and Diaz should have finished it.
Send him out with a run or two lead I get. If your bullpen minus Diaz can’t win the game with a 4 run lead in the ninth we have allot more problems then one game. Zero issue with his use last night. More importantly he is ready for today.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Braves have confirmed that Fried will start tonight.

I do hope that no one on this board objects if Baty is not in the lineup tonight. In the kid's second day in the majors, no need to subject him to one of the toughest lefties in the game.
What other options do the Mets have at this time?

Reactions: RuBird
August 17 Mets Farm Report (Top 30 prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1) Francisco Alvarez C (AAA Syracuse) - 1/4, BB, K, .172/.692

2) Brett Baty 3B/OF (MLB NY Mets) - 1/4, HR(1), R, 2 RBI, .250/1.250

3) Kevin Parada C (Rookie FCL Mets) - Expected to make Professional debut Friday

4) Alex Ramirez OF (High A Brooklyn) - 0/4, .254/.738

5) Jett Williams SS (Rookie FCL Mets) - DNP

6) Ronny Mauricio SS (AA Binghamton) - 0/4, 2 K, .244/.748

7) Mark Vientos 1B/3B (AAA Syracuse) - 1/5, R, .275/.876

8) Blade Tidwell RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

9) Calvin Ziegler RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

10) Matt Allan RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured; Elbow expected return 2023

11) Mike Vasil RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured; Expected return 2022

12) Dominic Hamel RHP (High A Brooklyn) - DNP

13) Joel Diaz RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

14) Nick Morabito OF (Rookie FCL Mets) - DNP

15) Jose Butto RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP

16) Junior Santos RHP (High A Brooklyn) - DNP

17) Willy Fanas OF (Rookie DSL Mets 2) - DNP

18) Jacob Reimer 3B (Rookie FCL Mets) - DNP

19) Eric Orze RHP (AAA Syracuse) - Injured; Expected return 2022

20) Jordany Ventura RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - Injured; Expected return 2022

21) Simon Juan OF (Rookie DSL Mets 1) - DNP

22) Grant Hartwig RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP

23) Stanley Consuegra OF (High A Brooklyn) - DNP

24) Khalil Lee OF (AAA Syracuse) - 2/3, HR(9), 2 R, RBI, K, SB(10), .211/.701

25) Nick Plummer (AAA Syracuse) - Currently in DFA Status

26) Robert Dominguez RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - Injured; Arm surgery expected return 2023

27) Luis Rodriguez RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - injured; Arm surgery expected return 2023

28) Christian Scott RHP (High A Brooklyn) - DNP

29) Javier Atencio LHP (Rookie FCL Mets) - DNP

30) Keyshawn Askew LHP (High A Brooklyn) - 3.2 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 8 K, 5.54

Non Top 30 Notables

Bryce Montes de Oca RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP

Junior Tillen SS (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

Chase Estep (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/5, 2B(2), R, 2 K, .348/1.029

Carlos Dominguez OF (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

Omar De Los Santos OF (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/5, K, 2 SB(62), .269/.789

Anyone saying Diaz should be in for a 2nd inning with a 3 run lead is an idiot. Diaz is our most important piece for a WS run. If we had not scored in the 9th, then yes, bring him back in. But with scoring, you would think even your worst RP isn’t giving up 3-4 runs.
I think some of our baseball minds blowup during games and immediately after. If Diaz came out for a 2nd inning and something happened, you all would have wanted Buck’s head for being so dumb.
Not having dependable relievers besides Diaz is criminal. Some blame can be placed on management, who were aware of this before the season. Since then, other teams have tried to hold the Mets hostage when talking of trading a quality reliever to the Mets. We read where teams wanted the Mets' entire farm system, and then we see the same pitcher traded to another team for a bag of peanuts and a happy ending. 🤬 😢🥴

It was the right move not to bring him back out. That is all, even if we lost.

Well, we are 9-6 against Braves, 11-4 against Phil’s, 2-0 against Yanks, 5-2 Cards, 2-2 Dodgers, 2-4 Padres
Overall- pretty good against the Oct type teams…and most of that without deGrom or a DH.
Do you seriously trust any RP in a critical spot (besides Diaz)?

Reactions: cicero grimes
Andrelton Simmons, Didi Gregorious, Elvis Andrus, and Alcides Escobar are all free agents right now. I don't know why they wouldn't sign one at the minimum for depth and to replace Marrero.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
There is a difference between a two run lead and a four run lead.

Let me ask you this. If the Mets had scored nine in the top of the ninth, to take a ten run lead, would you come back with Diaz? No you wouldn't.

How about an eight run lead? A six run lead?

My point is that there is a line where Buck thinks "We should be able to hold this lead without my ace reliever. Because I am not managing just for this one game. I am managing for tomorrow, the next day, and the whole season."

Clearly, Buck did not draw the line at two runs on August 4. But he did draw the line at four runs last night.

You may draw the line differently, which is fine. But his is the one that matters.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I think Buck made the right call when the lead got to 4, but I was still expecting torture from May as the alternative, which was promptly received. Whatever terminology you want to use, Eppler blew it at the trade deadline when another trusted RP was desperately needed - Givens wasn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT