ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We read where teams wanted the Mets' entire farm system, and then we see the same pitcher traded to another team for a bag of peanuts and a happy ending. šŸ¤¬ šŸ˜¢šŸ„“
The Phillies getting Robertson instead of the Mets was a major kick in the nuts. You just know we're going to regret not getting that dude. I just hope Drew Smith and Tylor MeGill can pitch well down the stretch and in the playoffs. Lugo and Ottavino are obviously going to be very important. I have no faith in May or Givens. Joely so hot and cold, who the heck knows with him. And who the hell names their kid Joely?

The Phillies getting Robertson instead of the Mets was a major kick in the nuts. You just know we're going to regret not getting that dude. I just hope Drew Smith and Tylor MeGill can pitch well down the stretch and in the playoffs. Lugo and Ottavino are obviously going to be very important. I have no faith in May or Givens. Joely so hot and cold, who the heck knows with him. And who the hell names their kid Joely?
In general, all the Mets relievers are studs one day and duds the next. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being excellent, I have little faith in May. He's around 4 1/2, and Givens is about 6 until I see more of him.

I think Buck made the right call when the lead got to 4, but I was still expecting torture from May as the alternative, which was promptly received. Whatever terminology you want to use, Eppler blew it at the trade deadline when another trusted RP was desperately needed - Givens wasn't it.
Do not disagree- the question is...another BP arm- at what cost?
Would you have given up a guy like Mauricio, Vientos, etc
As it seems that was the type of return teams were holding us hostage for.
We all also wanted a catcher too but I think that Nido starting to hit much better eased that pain a little...ummm, well, until

Vogey/Ruf/Naquin have won us a number of games already and we are a better team now then before the TDL...So, I can't blast him too much.

Speaking of the trades JD Davis has been excellent with the Giants so far.

.364/.447/.758. 12 H, 4 HR, 1 2B, 5 RBI, 7 R, 4 BB, 11 K in 38 PA.

I firmly believe that there is collusion in the MLB against Cohen. Why would Chicago ask the Mets for the keys to the farm system for Robertson? Chicago turned around and traded Robertson for a handjob. The Mets were looking for a GM last year, and every team basically said no. And they said no for no real reason.

I think Buck made the right call when the lead got to 4, but I was still expecting torture from May as the alternative, which was promptly received. Whatever terminology you want to use, Eppler blew it at the trade deadline when another trusted RP was desperately needed - Givens wasn't it.
All I can say is this. Not many GMs hit every home run at the deadline ( and at the start of the season). Besides not getting a better reliever and Esbobars failure to hit ( great clubhouse guy), I am thrilled with all the moves. More importantly he kept players like Baty which to me was huge.

Do not disagree- the question is...another BP arm- at what cost?
Would you have given up a guy like Mauricio, Vientos, etc
As it seems that was the type of return teams were holding us hostage for.
We all also wanted a catcher too but I think that Nido starting to hit much better eased that pain a little...ummm, well, until

Vogey/Ruf/Naquin have won us a number of games already and we are a better team now then before the TDL...So, I can't blast him too much.

It depends on the year. With Scherzer, deGrom, etc. I'm all in on this year. Who knows if deGrom will even be on the team next year, and Scherzer will be one year closer to 40.

It boggles my mind that the Phils could have gotten Robertson for peanuts, but in this particular year, I would have looked to beat that out. I mean look at this: https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/29172/david-robertson - could easily be the lone difference in the first ring in 36 years.

Reactions: LeapinLou
Weather report: No rain today as of yet 20 miles south of Truist Park. Could very well be pouring up there for all I know. Forecast is for scattered showers and thundershowers. I'll update once I get in the area of the stadium around 5:30-6

Reactions: knightinaz
I firmly believe that there is collusion in the MLB against Cohen. Why would Chicago ask the Mets for the keys to the farm system for Robertson? Chicago turned around and traded Robertson for a handjob. The Mets were looking for a GM last year, and every team basically said no. And they said no for no real reason.
šŸ¤”

It depends on the year. With Scherzer, deGrom, etc. I'm all in on this year. Who knows if deGrom will even be on the team next year, and Scherzer will be one year closer to 40.

It boggles my mind that the Phils could have gotten Robertson for peanuts, but in this particular year, I would have looked to beat that out. I mean look at this: https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/29172/david-robertson - could easily be the lone difference in the first ring in 36 years.
The Phils did not get Robertson for peanuts. The guy they gave up (Ben Brown) is 7th in the Cubs midseason rankings.

To make an admittedly inexact comparison, our #7 ranked prospect is Mark Vientos. Would you have traded Vientos for Robertson? I would not have.

Reactions: RUPete
The Phils did not get Robertson for peanuts. The guy they gave up (Ben Brown) is 7th in the Cubs midseason rankings.

To make an admittedly inexact comparison, our #7 ranked prospect is Mark Vientos. Would you have traded Vientos for Robertson? I would not have.
We have a 1, 2, or 3 year window with Scherzer and deGrom. If that's what it would have taken, I would have made the deal. I personally think an excellent 8th inning guy is the final piece.

Last year on the other hand with no Scherzer, no deGrom, etc - I wouldn't have done squat (hated that Baez move when we did nothing else, and had a much worse team).

Reactions: nutfromSEC117

Thank you for the sanity. Cubs have been looking to add more pitching in their trades (starting pitching). Maybe what the Mets offered in that area wasn't what they were looking for. This collusion stuff is garbage. GMs are under pressure to make their teams and farm systems better or get fired.

Reactions: willisneverrana43
1st and 3rd no out. Just gotta make contact and the first two guys K terribly. McCann is an albatross at the plate.

charles-barkley-turrible.gif

Baty beautiful swing , talent oozing in the batters box.

McCann embarrassing , lost without a clue at the plate. His ā€œbig hit ā€œ vs Phillies was a full swing jam job pop up misread by CF

Knight shift
Before you jump me, McCan't is poisonous. He can't hit and now can't call a game. Every pitch he calls is a fastball. šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
1st and 3rd no out. Just gotta make contact and the first two guys K terribly. McCann is an albatross at the plate.
LOL. Can we complain about flailing Nimmo who looked like a little league batter in his first 2 ABs?

These are the teams we will be playing in October, not the Nats
Tell deGrom about it.
Is there a reason why deGrom isn't throwing anything other than the fastball?
He's soft against the better teams, like the rest of the staff, like May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT