ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While he is not the perfect number 3 guy in the lineup at this time, we really do NOT have a 3 hole guy unless you have any combo of Nimmo, McNeil, Marte starting off. But then, who is protecting Pete?

Interesting note for the Lindor haters.

All of baseballs great SS's, supposedly one of the strongest groups of SS's MLB has ever seen. In 2022- Lindor leads them all in runs produced. Just saying
Facts have no place in this thread.

With all my talk of Dominic Smith needing At Bats to be a consistent 300 hitter, Luis FREAKING Guillorme continues to keep getting on base with just making simple contact. Now up to .333.

Reactions: nutfromSEC117
Phils had a comeback and walked off the Dodgers in 10. But that's okay. Hold on to this one and we'll have a 8 game lead on the field going into what could be a tough series in SF wuth some fill-ins pitching.

F Muncy
2 out error on a weak easy ground ball to second
No talent 100 career hitting turd scores from second

Another series win!! This team playing so well especially considering the SP injuries. So glad we never dealt McNeil and Nimmo as I have always stated how underrated they both are.

Last edited:
Another series win!! This team playing so well especially considering the SP injuries. So glad we never dealt McNeil and Nimmo as I have always stated how underrated they both are.
If we can go 18-12 or 17-13 during the next 30 and then start getting our aces back, we will be in good shape.

June schedule is tough. Hoping for .500 at best.

4 at LA
3 at SD
3 at Anaheim
3 vs MIL
4 vs MIA
2 at HOU
3 at MIA
2 vs HOU
Walker was great today. Beautiful day at coors field. Sunny and warm. More mets fans than I anticipated. Diaz was very good. Very good crowd today vs last night. Concession prices are a pure joy vs NY Mets prices. We got 2 free beers today when the computer was too slow to ring up the price so the guy said take em and leave. They do the wave and it goes around at least 10 times before they stop. The just live doing the wave. Fun day at Coors field.

4 at LA
3 at SD
3 at Anaheim
3 vs MIL
4 vs MIA
2 at HOU
3 at MIA
2 vs HOU
The two NY teams have the most wins in MLB. Reading this thread and the other team thread, one might think both teams are doomed.

Normally, I am an optimistic fan. But that stretch appears daunting with the three best starters on the IL and the offense doing just OK lately. Can't expect the entire NL East to continue to play sub 500 ball the rest of the season.

LFGM

4 at LA
3 at SD
3 at Anaheim
3 vs MIL
4 vs MIA
2 at HOU
3 at MIA
2 vs HOU
Hadn't looked at the schedule- that is brutal. And of course, LAA playing well.
So- .600 against them would be VERY good. And I hate 4 game series. There is no 2-1 series win or maybe a 1-2 series loss which doesn't kill you. 4 games can just as easy be a disaster as it could be a huge win.
so- anything over .500 will be huge. Just hope neither of Phil or Atl get hot. Would love to get out of this stretch above with still having 6+ lead in the east.

The two NY teams have the most wins in MLB. Reading this thread and the other team thread, one might think both teams are doomed.

Normally, I am an optimistic fan. But that stretch appears daunting with the three of the best starters on the IL and the offense doing just OK lately. Can't expect the entire NL East to continue to play sub 500 ball the rest of the season.

LFGM
FIFY - Bassit is the 3rd best and Carrasco and Walker may be right there with Megill. The scary thing for the NL is that the 2022 3 some of Bassitt/Carasco/Walker are still one of the best starting 3's in the NL. If/When Max and Jacob are back...it could be a whole lot of fun.

May 22 Mets Farm Report (Top 25 prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

Some promotions/demotions. Cortes down to AA. Mangum up to AAA. Vasil to High A.

1) Francisco Alvarez C (AA Binghamton) – 0/3, BB, 2 K, .246/.734

2) Brett Baty 3B/OF (AA Binghamton) – DNP

3) Ronny Mauricio SS (AA Binghamton) – 2/3, 2B(12), HR(6), R, 4 RBI, K, .270/.798

4) Mark Vientos 3B/1B/OF (AAA Syracuse) – PPD

5) Matt Allan RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured

6) Alex Ramirez OF (Low A St. Lucie) – G1 0/4, K G2 3/5, R, RBI, K, .353/.916

7) Khalil Lee OF (Low A St. Lucie) – G1 0/4, 3 K G2 1/3, 2B(3), K, .241/.785

8) Nick Plummer OF (AAA Syracuse) - PPD

9) Dominic Hamel RHP (Low A St. Lucie) – DNP

10) Joel Diaz RHP (Rookie DSL) - N/A

11) Calvin Ziegler RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

12) Jose Butto RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP

13) Simon Juan OF (Rookie DSL) - N/A

14) Jaylen Palmer 3B/OF (High A Brooklyn) – G1 1/3, HR(2), R, RBI, K G2 1/2, HR(3), R, 2 RBI, K, .174/.618

15) Carlos Cortes 2B/OF (AA Binghamton) – DNP

16) Junior Santos RHP (High A Brooklyn) – 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 4.76, W(1-4)

17) Eric Orze RHP (AAA Syracuse) – PPD

18) Robert Dominguez RHP (Rookie FCL) – N/A

19) JT Schwartz 1B (High A Brooklyn) – G1 DNP G2 1/3, K, .235/.675

20) Hayden Senger C (AA Binghamton) – 1/4, RBI, .200/.610

21) Mike Vasil RHP (Low A St. Lucie) – 1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 0 HR, 1.80

22) Jake Mangum OF (AAA Syracuse) – PPD

23) Jordany Ventura RHP (Low A St. Lucie) – DNP

24) Josh Walker LHP (AAA Syracuse) – Injured

25) Christian Scott RHP (Low A St. Lucie) – 3.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K, 0 HR, 4.05

Reactions: tico brown

4 at LA
3 at SD
3 at Anaheim
3 vs MIL
4 vs MIA
2 at HOU
3 at MIA
2 vs HOU
We get through June and we are done with Houston and Anaheim and halfway through our sets with LA & SD and they come here. By the time June begins we will also be done with SF, Arizona and St. Louis all decent teams. If we get DeGrom and Max back in July the second half should be easier than the first schedule wise.

We get through June and we are done with Houston and Anaheim and halfway through our sets with LA & SD and they come here. By the time June begins we will also be done with SF, Arizona and St. Louis all decent teams. If we get DeGrom and Max back in July the second half should be easier than the first schedule wise.
Plus we played pretty well against S.D. last year. It was LA and SF that killed us both home and away. We won our first series vs the Giants. Let's see how we do in this one starting tonight. I know we miss their best starters.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Plus we played pretty well against S.D. last year. It was LA and SF that killed us both home and away. We won our first series vs the Giants. Let's see how we do in this one starting tonight. I know we miss their best starters.
Well we face Webb so that's one of their best. Miss Rodon though.

#10 prospect Joel Diaz coming stateside and assigned to St Lucie!! High upside arm but very far away.

Again, non fans are allowed to troll here with immunity and we’re told is to “just ignore them.”

Although I don’t agree with the method (and I actually do ignore them for the most part), Met fans are told to cut it out in response to the trollage…

Of course.

Again, non fans are allowed to troll here with immunity and we’re told is to “just ignore them.”

Although I don’t agree with the method (and I actually do ignore them for the most part), Met fans are told to cut it out in response to the trollage…

Of course.
You can do whatever you want. But that post was old, and he and the other two amigos can be world class dicks in this thread. It has been nice not having them here. Have at it if you want this thread to turn into a crap show. You do realize they get their jollies by getting responses? Best way to silence a troll is to ignore them.

Please don't bring down this thread. Please.
Please let me call out the douche, what he says can't be left alone. I 💯 don't agree with your take on this. Unless you're for censorship, stay out of it. You were a big proponent of not going to The Dead Zone, and only one person does, and he tries to play nice So when any of the douche bags come here, I'll show them for the forking front running entitled fools that they are. I feel that works better and they go away with they're tails between they're legs.

Last edited:
I'll show them for the forking front running entitled fools that they are. I feel that works better and they go away with they're tails between they're legs.
Too funny.
I don't know any Yankees fans that have tails. And they sure as hell wouldn't be running away from anything you said. Perhaps if your team won a few championships your jealous rivals would also call you an entitled front running fool.
BTW, it's "their", not "they're", fool.

Too funny.
I don't know any Yankees fans that have tails. And they sure as hell wouldn't be running away from anything you said. Perhaps if your team won a few championships your jealous rivals would also call you an entitled front running fool.
BTW, it's "their", not "they're", fool.
Nah- a few of your guys do hide if the Yanks aren’t going well. Even now, most of your trolls are hiding because both teams are doing well.
yourself- I have noticed, you troll both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT