ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeezus. Hope his child is ok.
People making millions of dollars with millions of people watching their every move live and/or on TV are fair game for criticism and critique. Fans expect near perfection from players making large sums of money, and they are fair game for criticism. On the other hand, sometimes we forgot players have lives and problems like the rest of us and have bad days at work. When there are multiple bad days at work for a player, they will be criticized. I'm just glad nobody gets to see my multiple bad days at work-sometimes it is five days in a row!

yesrutgers01,

I was hard on Lugo not because I disliked him, but due to the fact I know he's a better pitcher. Yesterday's performance was likely the result of his mind being somewhere else especially since the day was father's day. I feel for Lugo. I know the feeling of being helpless when your kid is facing health issues.

yesrutgers01,

I was hard on Lugo not because I disliked him, but due to the fact I know he's a better pitcher. Yesterday's performance was likely the result of his mind being somewhere else especially since the day was father's day. I feel for Lugo. I know the feeling of being helpless when your kid is facing health issues.
Apparently, his first kid is OK. But the announcers clarified that his second kid was just born, so perhaps he had that on his mind while he was out there. Maybe he said to himself- hell, if I toss a beach ball and they get a grand slam, it's an early night for me! 😜

Maybe Lugo had other, more important things on his mind yesterday? 🤷‍♂️

Mean tweets suck:

Then he shouldn't have been out there to begin with. Can't be sympathetic if he tried to play Hero and folded.

Then he shouldn't have been out there to begin with. Can't be sympathetic if he tried to play Hero and folded.
Really? Id rather try Lugo in a situation like that then a few other of our options. Guy got a line drive home run that just cleared the fence. Sorry but our definition of “folded“ must be very different.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Really? Id rather try Lugo in a situation like that then a few other of our options. Guy got a line drive home run that just cleared the fence. Sorry but our definition of “folded“ must be very different.
Ok, then he just underperformed, as usually happens to pitchers who aren't that great. Had nothing to do with his sick kid at all. We can resume the "he stinks" calls.

I'm surprised that Gary didn't know about Eddie Mathews' days as a Boston Brave.

Supposedly,he led the Boston Police on a few merry chases after night games.

Nice getaway win. Peterson was a magician working his way out of trouble. Good job of working the basepaths and manufacturing runs. On to surely sweltering Houston.

Just think for a moment about all the players we brought in…..
Marte
Canha
Escobar
Osovato
Max

etc etc

They have made this club a “team” They carry each other and bring out the best.
21 games above .500 with 3/5ths on the DL. Simply Amazin’

Just think for a moment about all the players we brought in…..
Marte
Canha
Escobar
Osovato
Max

etc etc

They have made this club a “team” They carry each other and bring out the best.
21 games above .500 with 3/5ths on the DL. Simply Amazin’
Bassitt, Octavio as well.

This really is just a very good team. Let's say we never got Max/Jake back- I think it is still a dominate team but I would worry about playoffs. If even one of them comes back full and the other comes back just a little less than full- it becomes a very scary team.
I keep hearing to bring in a power bat- but that leads the question- what position? JD is raking now and JG has been raking all season- and I don't think we are getting a power C...I would go to battle with this small ball team. I will continue to refer back to the 2015 Royals...

He's headed for paternity leave soon anyway, which will give him a chance to rest. Hopefully, nothing serious.
Good point. It’s funny you mention that because when I saw he was pulled , my thought at the time , was that his wife was in labor.

This really is just a very good team. Let's say we never got Max/Jake back- I think it is still a dominate team but I would worry about playoffs. If even one of them comes back full and the other comes back just a little less than full- it becomes a very scary team.
I keep hearing to bring in a power bat- but that leads the question- what position? JD is raking now and JG has been raking all season- and I don't think we are getting a power C...I would go to battle with this small ball team. I will continue to refer back to the 2015 Royals...
And Buck.

Forgot about Bassit. The other thing to consider is how the returning players like Linder and McNeil have turned their seasons around

Good point. It’s funny you mention that because when I saw he was pulled , my thought at the time , was that his wife was in labor.
Funny that he and Lugo have new arrivals right at about the same time. Late September 2021, the Mets were already eliminated from the playoffs, so Lugo and McNeill got busy at home.

It is a strange season- if it wasn't for what the Yankee's were doing, we would be the talk of the league.
But here is the key to the season- not the winning streaks but limit losing streaks.
Atl/Phils will not go on many 8-14 game winning streaks the remainder of the year- The Yankees will not keep on a 120+ win pace. Even if we slow down a little- we most likely still end up with an elite 100+ season.
Yanks will be 100+ too but that is ok with me. If both teams go into playoffs full strength, I still like us with Jake/Max at the front.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Forgot about Bassit. The other thing to consider is how the returning players like Linder and McNeil have turned their seasons around
It is weird with Lindor- but though his BA is low- btw- many SS are finding low BA this year for strange reason- but run production- the dude is up there with the Judge/Alonso's of the world. On pace for 120+ RBI and around 110 runs- 25 HR's etc. Those are David Wright production numbers

Lets get one of these in Houston. The Braves are playing the Giants, Dodgers and they go to Philly. So know they are gonna be losing some games. I dont care if the first 2 series are home for them or not they aren't about to rip off another streak now.

Loaded no out 1-0 Braves
Giants only get one run
Wilmer 3-2 , 1 out , swung at a pitch that went 56-57 feet and was inside

Line drive to center to score only run was hit so hard guy on second got a good jump and still was held up at third.

Loaded no out 1-0 Braves
Giants only get one run
Wilmer 3-2 , 1 out , swung at a pitch that went 56-57 feet and was inside

Line drive to center to score only run was hit so hard guy on second got a good jump and still was held up at third.
1f5j.gif

Arcia with the walkoff basehit and game winning RBI. Like I said, probably an offensive upgrade over Albies. Batting .344.
They won and didn’t gain anything. We need to just keep what we keep doing

BTW- a couple of weeks ago- who would have been concerned about JD’s pinky…
Dude has been on fire

worried about McNeil

Arcia with the walkoff basehit and game winning RBI. Like I said, probably an offensive upgrade over Albies. Batting .344.
That's great. He's having a hot two months. I'm glad he's getting it out of the way now so he really stinks later in the year. Riley, Acuna, Harris on the other hand will be annoying for a while.

That's great. He's having a hot two months. I'm glad he's getting it out of the way now so he really stinks later in the year. Riley, Acuna, Harris on the other hand will be annoying for a while.
They said on the Braves/Giants broadcast that Albies is on the 6 or 8 week IL. Arcia could cool off, but nothing seems to be slowing the Braves down right now, except the Cubs!

They said on the Braves/Giants broadcast that Albies is on the 6 or 8 week IL. Arcia could cool off, but nothing seems to be slowing the Braves down right now, except the Cubs!
Albies was placed on the 60 day so yes out for a minimum two months or 8 weeks. Believe they said he's really done for the year if I remember correctly.

Mets keep doing what they're doing and no one will have to worry about the other teams in the division this early. Scoreboard watch in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT