ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get Vientos up here! Baty with a really nice game. Alvarez keeps trucking along.

Interesting story to follow is Brandon McIlwain who has been having a fantastic year and newly promoted to AA and still hitting well. He's older because he was a FBS QB at Cal and didn't come back to baseball until late. Fantastic athlete.

Any questions just ask.

June 23 Mets Farm Report (Top 25 prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1) Francisco Alvarez C (AA Binghamton) – 0/2, R, 3 BB, K, .283/.942

2) Brett Baty 3B/OF (AA Binghamton) – 3/4, HR(7), R, 2 RBI, BB, K, .282/.822

3) Ronny Mauricio SS (AA Binghamton) – 1/5, 2B(17), K, .242/.736

4) Mark Vientos 3B/1B (AAA Syracuse) – 2/3, 2 R, 2 BB, .260/.858

5) Matt Allan RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured – Elbow expected return 2023

6) Alex Ramirez OF (Low A St. Lucie) – 1/4, R, BB, K, SB(14), .287/.795

7) Khalil Lee OF (AAA Syracuse) – 0/2, 2 R, 3 BB, 1 K, .212/.712

8) Nick Plummer OF (NY Mets) - DNP

9) Dominic Hamel RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

10) Joel Diaz RHP (Low A St. Lucie) – 1.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 0 HR, 11.17

11) Calvin Ziegler RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

12) Jose Butto RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP

13) Simon Juan OF (Rookie DSL Mets 1) – 2/3, 2B(3), RBI, BB, K, .178/.580

14) Jaylen Palmer 3B/OF (High A Brooklyn) – 0/2, BB, K, .185/.617

15) Carlos Cortes 2B/OF (AA Binghamton) – 1/4, R, RBI, BB, K, .227/.699

16) Junior Santos RHP (High A Brooklyn) - DNP

17) Eric Orze RHP (AAA Syracuse) – 1.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 0 HR, 5.22

18) Robert Dominguez RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - Injured – Arm surgery expected return 2023

19) JT Schwartz 1B (High A Brooklyn) – 0/4, 2 K, .270/.722

20) Hayden Senger C (AA Binghamton) – 0/4, BB, 2 K, .223/.664

21) Mike Vasil RHP (High A Brooklyn) – 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, 0 HR, 4.38. W(1-1)

22) Jake Mangum OF (AAA Syracuse) - Injured – Back expected return 2023

23) Jordany Ventura RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

24) Josh Walker LHP (AAA Syracuse) - Injured Expected return 2022

25) Christian Scott RHP (Low A St. Lucie) – 4.1 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 7 K, 0 HR, 5.81 L(2-2)

I love the mets farm report you put together. I'm a mets die hard, so love seeing a glimpse into their future.

Who has higher ceiling at 3rd between Vientos and Baty? (i think Baty?) Is there a chance Vientos acts as a block for Baty or vice/versa? Is one of them potentially on the trade block if they play the same position?

You think Khalil Lee is basically done? Hitting .212 in AAA, and never has hit in the bigs... he worth anything?

Reactions: Zak57
I love the mets farm report you put together. I'm a mets die hard, so love seeing a glimpse into their future.

Who has higher ceiling at 3rd between Vientos and Baty? (i think Baty?) Is there a chance Vientos acts as a block for Baty or vice/versa? Is one of them potentially on the trade block if they play the same position?

You think Khalil Lee is basically done? Hitting .212 in AAA, and never has hit in the bigs... he worth anything?
Love the reports as well.
my feel on what I consider the top 3
Alvarez- as close to a sure thing all star as you can get
Baty- very good chance to be an above average player potential all star
Vientos- solid MLB player. Would have starting potential and 10 year career but maybe not an all star

Reactions: Zak57

That's a good question. Even though both are 3B Baty is the better fielder and athlete so he has a better chance to stick at the position. I think Vientos is more of a 1B/DH and then their bats profile a little differently as well. Vientos has more power but his contact skills are worse whereas Baty might have a more well rounded bat but not as much power. Baty was working on lofting his swing more to tap into the raw power he shows in BP while maintaining his pitch recognition and on base skills. I think both bats profile as future All Star bats so they could rotate between 3B/DH as needed. Vientos power is better than Baty but Baty isn't too far behind. I would absolutely hold onto both.

If we could deal Mauricio for some help he'd be the first to go if I were GM.

I'm not very high on Lee. I think at best we have a 4th/5th OF who can provide a little pop here and there. I don't think he's much of a chip either. Plummer has leaped him and has a better all around profile.

Thanks for the questions and the kind words!

Reactions: Doctor Worm
That's a good question. Even though both are 3B Baty is the better fielder and athlete so he has a better chance to stick at the position. I think Vientos is more of a 1B/DH and then their bats profile a little differently as well. Vientos has more power but his contact skills are worse whereas Baty might have a more well rounded bat but not as much power. Baty was working on lofting his swing more to tap into the raw power he shows in BP while maintaining his pitch recognition and on base skills. I think both bats profile as future All Star bats so they could rotate between 3B/DH as needed. Vientos power is better than Baty but Baty isn't too far behind. I would absolutely hold onto both.

If we could deal Mauricio for some help he'd be the first to go if I were GM.

I'm not very high on Lee. I think at best we have a 4th/5th OF who can provide a little pop here and there. I don't think he's much of a chip either. Plummer has leaped him and has a better all around profile.

Thanks for the questions and the kind words!
I think it is clear that Mauricio does not figure prominently in the Mets plans. If he did, the Mets would have moved him off SS and into a position he might actually have a chance to play within the next ten years.

But by leaving him at SS, a premium position, they are looking to maximize his trade value.

I think it is clear that Mauricio does not figure prominently in the Mets plans. If he did, the Mets would have moved him off SS and into a position he might actually have a chance to play within the next ten years.

But by leaving him at SS, a premium position, they are looking to maximize his trade value.
Yes for sure. The problem is it appears his bat is regressing as of now as well so not a good look. His stock is way down.

They did try Vientos in the OF earlier this year and they ended that experiment quickly. DH for the NL was huge for him as he could spend time at both and spell at 1B as well. Smith and Davis are goners.

I'd have to think that his value has dropped this season. That's the thing, with the guys we're rumored to be interested in, we just don't have a lot to offer down there with the exception of Alvarez, Baty and Vientos who I'm sure are going nowhere. We could use a starter and have been linked to Castillo on the Reds. Would love to have him as he is very solid and would enable us to use Megill out of the pen for the rest of this season when he returns. A role he could probably flourish in. Then we'd only need to find a reliable lefty reliever somewhere. Another need is a DH with some pop. Hindsight is 20/20 but Brandon Drury would be a real upgrade from what we're getting from JD/Dom.

So now do the Mets break the bank and go after Judge next year or do we just talk about it, let the Yankees break the bank allowing us not to have to worry about getting in a bidding war with them on future free agents. This is something we've never had the ability to do before Cohen came along. Head fake on a free agent, let them over pay, could be fun.

So now do the Mets break the bank and go after Judge next year or do we just talk about it, let the Yankees break the bank allowing us not to have to worry about getting in a bidding war with them on future free agents. This is something we've never had the ability to do before Cohen came along. Head fake on a free agent, let them over pay, could be fun.
He’s staying with the Yankees regardless.

He’s staying with the Yankees regardless.
Is he? Before today, I would have said 100% but agreeing on 19mil this year with tiny incentives should be concerning to Yankee fans. As I wonder why Aaron even agreed to less than he wanted.
here is our real Met question- when do we lock up Alonso?

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Is he? Before today, I would have said 100% but agreeing on 19mil this year with tiny incentives should be concerning to Yankee fans. As I wonder why Aaron even agreed to less than he wanted.
Chances are that if Uncle Steve opened up the checkbook and got Judge to the Mets, he would be on the IL more than on the active roster.

Alonso still has two years of team control after this one. He is not a free agent until after the 2024 season.

Locking up a player two years early is easier said than done. Different perspectives:

MANAGEMENT: Oh, you want us to give up two years of team control? You want your long term security two years early? Fine, we can do that - but you'll need to give me a discount on the out years.

PLAYER/AGENT: Oh, so you want me to give up my right to cash in on free agency in two years? Fine, I can do that - but you'll need to pay me a premium in exchange for that giveback.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Alonso still has two years of team control after this one. He is not a free agent until after the 2024 season.

Locking up a player two years early is easier said than done. Different perspectives:

MANAGEMENT: Oh, you want us to give up two years of team control? You want your long term security two years early? Fine, we can do that - but you'll need to give me a discount on the out years.

PLAYER/AGENT: Oh, so you want me to give up my right to cash in on free agency in two years? Fine, I can do that - but you'll need to pay me a premium in exchange for that giveback.
I get it but let's say the Met's went balls out and said- 12/360?
I would do that over the 8/300+ Judge will be looking for.

McCann up, Mazeika down.
heart-floating.gif

Wild play leads to monster bases clearing double for Lindor !!!

Can’t post here but in my group text I use the Lindor truffle gif after a big hit !!!

Exactly, then if the contract benefits the team greatly, there's hard feelings. Alonso is 2 years behind Judge. Remember Judge came in with The New Core 4 that was going to win multiple Championships in a 5 years period, which ended last year. 🤐

The umpires have been sh*tty all year when it comes to balls and strikes. You know it's bad when Canha and Guillorme turn and say something to them. These guys are low-key as they come.

Luis questioned a call earlier in the game and the next time the ump didn't give him time because it was payback. The other day Canha questioned a strike call.

Send the entire bullpen down except Diaz. Put them on a bus to Syracuse so they have time to think about how bad they are as professionals. 😁 Call up guys from double-A and triple-A. Sign a couple of free agents too. The Mets will have to scrape the bottom of the barrel. 😭

Send the entire bullpen down except Diaz. Put them on a bus to Syracuse so they have time to think about how bad they are as professionals. 😁 Call up guys from double-A and triple-A. Sign a couple of free agents too. The Mets will have to scrape the bottom of the barrel. 😭
Is my meter on? Lol

Reactions: cubuffsdoug

One minor leaguer who I think has outstanding potential and should be a solid starter is Matthew Allan. Shame he had TJ surgery and has been out for this and last season etc.

Nice win! I hate the Marlins. They’ve ruined many days for me. lol.
When does MCNeil return?

Since your boy @yesrutgers01 has made a home over on the Yankee thread. I'LL do the same over here. First of all the Mets have no chance to get Judge. Smart people know it will be the Yankees or San Fran. He isn't going to free agency to play in Queens. You folks post a lot over here. No of its common sense but you certainly are impressed with the number of dumb posts.

Off Monday and Thursday next week
Louie and Canha keep hitting no need to rush McNeil. Buck said he wants to be overly cautious with McNeil

Since your boy @yesrutgers01 has made a home over on the Yankee thread. I'LL do the same over here. First of all the Mets have no chance to get Judge. Smart people know it will be the Yankees or San Fran. He isn't going to free agency to play in Queens. You folks post a lot over here. No of its common sense but you certainly are impressed with the number of dumb posts.
Go sell another 6 pack and drink 2.,,

you should go back to ignoring me like you did when I said that I was really excited to see what Judge could do if he ever had an injury free season because it would be great for baseball. Lol

Off Monday and Thursday next week
Louie and Canha keep hitting no need to rush McNeil. Buck said he wants to be overly cautious with McNeil
Which is fine but I don't know why we're playing short handed. Put him on the IL already.

Nice job by Ottavino tonight. One guy picking up another. That's what you need in a sucessful season. He's been very solid of late. Lindor carried the offense tonight. Dom 3 for 8 since returning. Showing positive signs. Would love to see him get his confidence back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT