ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever anticipation there may be for Alvarez—whom I like a lot as a prospect—it pales in comparison to the hype for Gregg Jefferies, whether you believe it was justified or not..
Gregg is the other positional player with huge hype. Though, it also seemed that his first short stint when he came up was a huge magnifier as well.
but yes, huge hype.

Mets on Peacock today.
F Peacock.

Unlike Apple TV+’s Friday night MLB streaming doubleheaders, Peacock is requiring fans to subscribe to one of its two Premium plans (starts at $4.99 a month) to watch the games.

If you don’t subscribe, there will be no other way to watch the Mets-Marlins game, or any of the remaining games on Peacock’s schedule. Since they are Peacock exclusives, they will not be available on any other service or channel, including NBC, MLB TV, MLB Extra Innings, or the teams’ regional sports channels such as SNY (the usual TV home of the Mets) or Bally Sports Florida (the usual TV home of the Marlins).

And, you will have to subscribe to a Peacock Premium plan. (Unless you have Comcast which includes a free Peacock Premium subscription with its video service.).

Yesterday, we tried listening to the Mets game on our boat, on the Manasquan River, which separates, Monmouth and Ocean Counties. The app said we were outside the listening area?

Mets coverage is not available in these counties:
- Atlantic
- Gloucester
- Burlington
- Mercer
- Camden
- Salem
- Cape May
- Cumberland

Going to see brothers band today
Hopefully he gets Rutgers at temple gig !

Whenever you hear sweet Caroline at a bar everyone on this thread should sing aloud or have this stuck in your head

Sweet Caroline ......Let’s GO METS

and instead of So Good So Good
GO METS GO METS !!!!!

Sorry to see Harper get hurt. Im not the type of fan who likes to see any of our competitors top stars get hurt. Plus they play the Braves when they return home this week.

Now that Betts and Harper most likely fall out of the MVP race- is it a two person race between 1B or is someone like Turner of LAD also hot in the running?

Would like to see Stl fall off just two give our guy more of an edge...

Peacock is free if you have Xfinity/Comcast.

Can't you just listen on 880 radio signal @Knight Shift? That should come in there.
Peacock itself is free, but it is little more than an archival service for NBC prime time programming.

To watch Peacock's live sports programming (most notably Premier League soccer) you need Peacock Premium at $5 per month. I subscribe for the soccer, and thus have access to today's game. If I were not already a subscriber, I wouldn't subscribe just for their Sunday baseball package.

Now that Betts and Harper most likely fall out of the MVP race- is it a two person race between 1B or is someone like Turner of LAD also hot in the running?

Would like to see Stl fall off just two give our guy more of an edge...
Don't see either Turner (Trea or Justin) in the race. Probably a 3 way race among Goldschmidt, Alonso and Machado, in that order.

Peacock itself is free, but it is little more than an archival service for NBC prime time programming.

To watch Peacock's live sports programming (most notably Premier League soccer) you need Peacock Premium at $5 per month. I subscribe for the soccer, and thus have access to today's game. If I were not already a subscriber, I wouldn't subscribe just for their Sunday baseball package.
What's your address. I'll bring chips and dip.

What's your address. I'll bring chips and dip.
Well you would have to steer the boat up the coastline to Newark Bay, pick up the Passaic River there, somehow navigate the Paterson Great Falls (as well as the "Little Falls" after which my town is named) and then find a place to dock. I don't think you'll make the 12:05 first pitch.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift

No I can watch everything on Peacock for free because I have Xfinity. That's what I'm saying.

Well you would have to steer the boat up the coastline to Newark Bay, pick up the Passaic River there, somehow navigate the Paterson Great Falls (as well as the "Little Falls" after which my town is named) and then find a place to dock. I don't think you'll make the 12:05 first pitch.
On our way!

01370fa015f8aa8d86ea3974c44609c6.gif

Maybe missed it above:

Reactions: Doctor Worm
No I can watch everything on Peacock for free because I have Xfinity. That's what I'm saying.
Cliff Floyd and Tommy Hutton doing the game. Don’t know much about Hutton as a broadcaster but looks more promising than the random millennial women who worked the Amazon game.

Cliff Floyd and Tommy Hutton doing the game. Don’t know much about Hutton as a broadcaster but looks more promising than the random millennial women who worked the Amazon game.
Wasn't that the first Apple game? The second Apple game was good with Randazzo and a former MLB player.

So many times under previous regimes we would win the first 2 games of a weekend series and then seemingly come out flat and have a clunker on Sunday instead of finishing off a sweep. Hopefully this instance will be different.

So many times under previous regimes we would win the first 2 games of a weekend series and then seemingly come out flat and have a clunker on Sunday instead of finishing off a sweep. Hopefully this instance will be different.
IDK. What does "coming out flat" even mean in baseball?

Getting a man on 1st and second in the first inning with no outs, and wasting the opportunity by the next 3 batters making outs?

EDIT:
And then leading of the 2nd inning with a double, and having the next 3 batters get outs.

THAT is coming out flat.

Last edited:
Not with the same edge that you might have if you are the team that loses the first 2 of a series. Also how many times did it seem like Willie, Mickey, Rojas etc would sit key guys in the 3rd game of a series after winning the first 2. Buck surely didnt do that. The off days tomorrow and next Thursday may have helped in that regard also.

Don't see either Turner (Trea or Justin) in the race. Probably a 3 way race among Goldschmidt, Alonso and Machado, in that order.
It seems that Turner of the LAD my have passed Machado at this point. MM would need to get hot again.
distant third at this point though

Getting a man on 1st and second in the first inning with no outs, and wasting the opportunity by the next 3 batters making outs?

EDIT:
And then leading of the 2nd inning with a double, and having the next 3 batters get outs.

THAT is coming out flat.
Meh. That's not clutch hitting.

1 for 10 with RISP in three innings. Get another 10 guys in scoring position over the next six innings, and I'll take my chances.

You were not well received when you returned to the dugout if you failed to advance a runner from second to third with no outs in my day.
Obviously you know what you're talking about. I guess the game has changed. Nowadays, it would be incomprehensible to expect a right hand power hitter to give himself up to go the other way in the early innings.

He probably couldn't do it, and you wouldn't want him to even if he could.

Today's game is predicated on the big inning, and not giving up outs.

Very well-pitched game by Peterson Another middling lefty made to look like Steve Carlton. Now that they pulled him no surprise at all that in spite of the Mets having their lineup stacked with righties they've put another lefty in the game. Cause even our righties hit them like crap.

At least it’s another series win for the Mets.

But they have to start sweeping some of these middle card teams some day.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
This time Ottovino can't pass his mistake on to someone else stat sheets. His mistake finally impacted his stats.

It looks like you can only trust Hunter and Smith to a degree.

If Scherzer, deGrom, and McGill return healthy, I would use Peterson, Williams, and Starter to go with Hunter, Smith, and Diaz. The rest can watch the games like regular fans. 🤣

This time Ottovino can't pass his mistake on to someone else stat sheets. His mistake finally impacted his stats.

If Scherzer, deGrom, and McGill return healthy, I would use Peterson, Williams, and Starter to go with Hunter, Smith, and Diaz. The rest can watch the games like regular fans. 🤣
I doubt Peterson goes to the pen. If he is not needed in the rotation, I think he goes to AAA where they will keep him stretched out. They will most likely need him to start again on short notice.

The sad fact is that until proven otherwise, we have no reason to assume that either Scherzer or deGrom will stay healthy, never mind both of them.

Not a good pitch by Ottavino going to that well one too many times and not a good loss with the way the game played out. But i put this one more on the hitters. Not a lot of professional at-bats today. You let a team off the hook that many times by not taking advantage of what chances were there on numerous occasions and it usually comes back to bite you in the ass. Need McNeil back in there as he is the one regular batting well over .300. Canha was around that mark not very long ago but his average has been dipping and is now down to the low 270's. Guillorme is still playing unreal defense but has finally cooled off at the plate. So not much at all going on 5-9 in the lineup. So once again its lets Go Dodgers. As far us its back home BUT back to the Astros who still havent given up a hit to the "mighty" Yankees since Friday. Now at 14 straight innings at last check.

Obviously you know what you're talking about. I guess the game has changed. Nowadays, it would be incomprehensible to expect a right hand power hitter to give himself up to go the other way in the early innings.

He probably couldn't do it, and you wouldn't want him to even if he could.

Today's game is predicated on the big inning, and not giving up outs.
Sure you would, close game late innings.
Jim Rice and Mike Schmidt would drive the ball to right field.
If the situation was we were winning by a few, they could do whatever they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT