ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the MLBPA did more to get the cheap owners to spend more. Cohen don't care either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Clearly, MLB teams "near" and "far" are worried about what Steve Cohen is capable of building here in Flushing. Oh the days of Joan Payson and the Coupons seem far back in my rearview mirror.:WooHoo:

Clearly, MLB teams "near" and "far" are worried about what Steve Cohen is capable of building here in Flushing. Oh the days of Joan Payson and the Coupons seem far back in my rearview mirror.
Funny how no one had an issue with the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs spending all their money. Everyone’s spinchters puckered up when Cohen got the Mets.

Is there a spending floor so that the Pittsburghs, the Miamis, the Arizonas of the world would be forced to spend a little SOMETHING???
Nope more of the same for them. They wanted the CBT to remain low and have higher percentages so they could pocket even more of the rich owners money.

Also I heard on the radio that every team will play every team in both leagues at least once a year. Does that start this year as well or next season?

Just want one more ring sometime soon (please go for broke, Uncle Stevie), and then he can do whatever he wants IMHO to avoid the "Cohen Tax Screw".

Everyone would’ve had their panties in a wad if the Mets/ Cohen had A predicted free agent pick up in this post, let alone two like the Dodgers (who seem to get an unlimited pass in these opinion posts.

Funny how no one had an issue with the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs spending all their money. Everyone’s spinchters puckered up when Cohen got the Mets.
That's hilarious. Mets fans were mostly the ones crying about how much those other teams were spending on improving their teams. Now THEY'RE complaining about others complaining about the Metsies doing the very same thing. You can't make this chit up. 😀

That's hilarious. Mets fans were mostly the ones crying about how much those other teams were spending on improving their teams. Now THEY'RE complaining about others complaining about the Metsies doing the very same thing. You can't make this chit up. 😀
Welcome back!!!

BTW, I wasn’t complaining about other teams spending their money. Show me where I did.

I was complaining that 1) the Mets WERENT and 2) they should be like the Rays org if they were taking the cheap route, which they never did.

Welcome back!!!

BTW, I wasn’t complaining about other teams spending their money. Show me where I did.

I was complaining that 1) the Mets WERENT and 2) they should be like the Rays org if they were taking the cheap route, which they never did.
I never said that ALL Mets fans were doing so....just lots of them that I know.
Good for you. That makes ONE Mets fan who did so. Glad to see that you weren't part of the "They're Wrecking Baseball With Their Big Spending" crowd.

Love the end of the DH.
What does deGrom do for run support if he doesn't get at bats ?
KABOOM! Kbee already won this thread.

200.gif

Reactions: Kbee3
Your the Parade Majorette of crying about Mets spending. Way too frigging funny.

• Haha
Reactions: tico brown
Those teams should be relegated or eliminated.

No wonder Jeter left the Marlins.
If this is true, the Marlins, Rays, DBacks, and other owners who don’t put money back into their teams should be banned from baseball. They’re the ones who are destroying the sport.

Reported we might be in trade talks with Cincy for Tyler Mahle. It depends on who we give up but Mahle would be a fantastic pickup especially as a #3 here.

Funny how there are already 4-5 posts by yankee fans in the Mets thread and only total of 2 posts in the entire Yankees thread!!! Obsessed With someone?
Incredible isn't it? The Varsity in they're minds only! They haven't even brought in the big baiters for the criers yet.

We should keep a tally of the number of posts by Yankee fans on Mets thread vs Yankees thread.
Maybe this is why the number of Mets posts triple the Yanks posts because of asshat news. I got jokes for them all day but this is a new season which hopefully ends in November.

Nice spin- we did complain but not that they were spending but we complained that our club was being run like they were the Marlins.

I'll be laughing when the Met's end up with Judge in their OF when he becomes a FA.

Now that the Minors have been reorganized, I am looking forward to see the farmhands on the Brooklyn Cyclones when they play the BlueClaws. The Sand Gnats and the Fireflies would only be up this way in May.

That being said I am still very disappointed some communities lost their teams in this reshuffling. Like the Trenton Thunder.

Andy Martino reporting that Mets are NOT expected to be serious bidders for either Conforto or Bryant. Their focus is on pitching (both starting and relief) and maybe a bench bat.

Andy Martino reporting that Mets are NOT expected to be serious bidders for either Conforto or Bryant. Their focus is on pitching (both starting and relief) and maybe a bench bat.
They should have tried signing Villar again.

But honestly, if they get a good starter and a top relief...I am good to go to battle with these guys.

Reactions: tico brown
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT