ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Megill come back ok after the 15 they might stand pat. If they do go out for a SP it's going to be a back end guy I would imagine. If bats heat up and the rest of the SP stay healthy this rotation is ok for another month and a half. Maybe they give Jose Butto a shot or someone else from the minors as well.

Bassitt
Carrasco
Walker
Megill
Peterson
Perhaps. Good thing is we play Philly 3 more games at the end of the month and will be mostly done with them for the season believe it or not. Don't play the Braves again until July. And if results so far today hold up we'll be 7 up on Philly and 8 on the Braves. More difficult to make up ground on a team when you don't play them head to head.

Reactions: Zak57
I'm glad they got out of that with only a tie score. I've noticed that Diaz often doesn't fare well when he has to throw a lot of pitches in an inning and he was up at 35 thrown when that last out was recorded. So now they'll have a chance to walk it off with the top of the lineup.

Bad news is Davis is hitting horribly and a worse defender. Would put Guillorme over there.

Phillies already lost today. So at worst they'll still be 6 games ahead. But I'm hoping for 7 of course. Always want to win on getaway day before heading out on a road trip.

I thought they don’t do that stupid runner on second in extra innings anymore?
You are correct, the plan was to get rid of it. However, when the lockout was settled, it occurred to both parties that they'd be playing the full 162 in a compressed timeframe with a shortened preseason. They decided that marathon games were not to be part of the deal. So they extended the ghost runner rule for one more year. It should be gone next year. We shall see.

Close enough to 25% mark. Notables:
1) 26-14
2) Up 7 games
3) Currently the 2 seed taking on Brewers/Cards winner, LAD takes on Padres/Giants winner

Reactions: Knight Shift
What happened there? Not watching but trying to follow online. It said a hit and an error. Which is it?
It was both. A ground ball to Escobar's left which he booted. Maybe the scorer thought it was too difficult a play to charge an error. Or maybe he thought Goldschmidt would beat it anyway. (I disagree on both counts.) Anyway, he gave him a hit. The error was for allowing the runner on first to get to third.

I always prefer the head down circle the bases, had the TD ball rot the Ref kind of guy but…FVK these Cards. Just saying

Here’s the main question Mets fans
Can Mets go 20-20 or better the next 6 weeks ???
Phillies need to go 24-16 to over take Mets

hendricks Contreras and eat Heywards $$
???
Baty or Marcurio w/ zpucki ???

getting nothing for JD right now
Would Dom get you the most ?

???

Mets have been winning when max isn’t out going. So, let’s say his kiss costs us 3 games until he is back. We would still be in great shape.

I was so worried, I fell asleep. I thought this board would be something like this classic:

1542_300x300_Front_Color-White.jpg

Glad to hear it may be nothing major.
Glad to see you have a terrific sense of humor. Love the Odd Couple and that episode. Ranks up there with The Office / Seinfeld / Curb Your Enthusiasm and All in the Family to me.

???

I think neither JD nor Dom will get you anything right now. A first baseman who isn't hitting well (but has in the past) will get you back a similar pitcher. No more. May have to eat salary as well.

I don't think the Cubs make that trade, because I don't think they are looking to dump salary. At least they didn't on the Baez trade. They insisted on paying Baez, because they wanted to bring back the best prospect possible. Plus, Szapucki has no value.

Hope Megill comes back soon to sort of neutralize the rotation. Losing Max / Jake and Megill is a tough pill to swallow.

I think we're looking at two postponements and a doubleheader Sunday. Then a makeup in NYC with Colorado as home team.

Last edited:
They could have kept Villar who bought more to the team last year.
Escobar is struggling, but I'll take him over, Villar. Villar doesn't play the same level of defense, and Villar is an all-or-nothing type of player on offense. It's one reason why Villar has been bouncing around the last few years and never a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT