ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson has issues. And if this has been a fun interaction between the two of them for a couple of years, then it isn't fair to Donaldson. Now, let's say Anderson asked him to stop after the first time he called him that in the game and Donaldson continued, well, it may not be racist but it would show that Donaldson isn't all that smart.
Anyone dumb enough to compare themselves to JR deserves to be mocked.

Anyone dumb enough to compare themselves to JR deserves to be mocked.
Both can be douches at the same time. If the uniforms were reversed, no one on this board would be defending Donaldson.

Forget the White Sox, surely some Yankees were offended too.

Both can be douches at the same time. If the uniforms were reversed, no one on this board would be defending Donaldson.

Forget the White Sox, surely some Yankees were offended too.
Nope. Nothing to be offended about. Anderson is just an a-hole crying wolf because he is mad. That's douchey-ness to the next level.

This is such a stupid non issue..the idea that MLB is considering taking action is ludicrous
Sure is an issue for the Yankees. Donaldson is being paid very well to keep his focus. He can save his stupid quips for his friends and family.

He has a long history of being a douce. I won't defend him because he is our douce.

Donaldson strikes me as the kind of guy, who in another era, would be yelling kike at Hank Greenberg and smirking while doing it.

Andersons an ass. He sounded like he had marbles in his mouth when interviewed after the game kept saying ‘I just did’ when asked what JD said.
Larussa is a section 8 Tommy lasorda time to retire

Sure is an issue for the Yankees. Donaldson is being paid very well to keep his focus. He can save his stupid quips for his friends and family.

He has a long history of being a douce. I won't defend him because he is our douce.

Donaldson strikes me as the kind of guy, who in another era, would be yelling kike at Hank Greenberg and smirking while doing it.
^^^^^ Sorry, but this is a stupid post. 90% of players talk trash and call others nicknames to annoy. Awful job by you saying that Donaldson is now essentially anti-semitic. You need to grow up.

^^^^^ Sorry, but this is a stupid post. 90% of players talk trash and call others nicknames to annoy. Awful job by you saying that Donaldson is now essentially anti-semitic. You need to grow up.
I won't get into a pissing contest about who needs to grow up, but I will challenge your ridiculous assertion that 90% of the players talk trash. Friendly banter is not the same as trash-talking.

Let me ask you this. If you were coaching little league and had trash talkers on your team, would you let them rip or would you educate them on sportsmanship?

I won't get into a pissing contest about who needs to grow up, but I will challenge your ridiculous assertion that 90% of the players talk trash. Friendly banter is not the same as trash-talking.

Let me ask you this. If you were coaching little league and had trash talkers on your team, would you let them rip or would you educate them on sportsmanship?
Decided to try and one up yourself on stupid posts?

Nope. Nothing to be offended about. Anderson is just an a-hole crying wolf because he is mad. That's douchey-ness to the next level.
So true.
If he had a problem with Donaldson one would think he would have gotten into it with him when he claimed that JD "pushed" him off the bag in a play at third base in the series in Chicago last week.
Also, Anderson should apologize to Jackie's widow for what he said in that Sports Illustrated article.

Anderson is acting like he doesn't have a prior relationship or history with Donaldson and just laying out the race card. That's BS. He's the type of guy that condones bat flipping and trash talk when it suits his purpose but not when it happens to him. Grandal getting in Donaldson's face was ridiculous too. Let Anderson fight his own battles.

Anderson is acting like he doesn't have a prior relationship or history with Donaldson and just laying out the race card. That's BS. He's the type of guy that condones bat flipping and trash talk when it suits his purpose but not when it happens to him. Grandal getting in Donaldson's face was ridiculous too. Let Anderson fight his own battles.
200.gif

Anderson is just like Donaldson and many other players, but he became an epic douche by crying wolf about race.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Offended by what? Some guy comparing himself to an icon?
Anderson compared his STYLE OF PLAY to Robinson one time in 2019. Donaldson and you uninformed dolts jumped on the racial angle. Just thought I'd point that out. Not that I expect there to be even a tiny level of informed discussion around here.

Anderson compared his STYLE OF PLAY to Robinson one time in 2019. Donaldson and you uninformed dolts jumped on the racial angle. Just thought I'd point that out. Not that I expect there to be even a tiny level of informed discussion around here.
Dolts? Anderson said it was racial.

Reactions: Kbee3
Dolts? Anderson said it was racial.
Yes, because, like posters here, JD was mocking him for comparing himself to JR, even though he wasn't saying he was some groundbreaking icon (he admitted that in his quote.). That's taking something innocuous and making it racial. Black players should be allowed to pay homage to JR without being mocked.

Thanks for proving my point.

Yes, because, like posters here, JD was mocking him for comparing himself to JR, even though he wasn't saying he was some groundbreaking icon (he was referring to his entertaining style of play, basestealing, etc.). That's taking something innocuous and making it racial.

So Donaldson mocks Anderson for comparing himself to an all- time great (a bad look no matter who you are) and Anderson says the remark was racist. But posters on this board are the ones that made it racial. Lay off the lead paint chips.

Yes, because, like posters here, JD was mocking him for comparing himself to JR, even though he wasn't saying he was some groundbreaking icon (he admitted that in his quote.). That's taking something innocuous and making it racial. Black players should be allowed to pay homage to JR without being mocked.

“I kind of feel like today’s Jackie Robinson,” he says. “That’s huge to say. But it’s cool, man, because he changed the game, and I feel like I’m getting to a point to where I need to change the game.”

• Haha
Reactions: Kbee3 and T2Kplus20
So Donaldson mocks Anderson for comparing himself to an all- time great (a bad look no matter who you are) and Anderson says the remark was racist. But posters on this board are the ones that made it racial. Lay off the lead paint chips.
Well done! :)

d768db4f5b77db746a1b9d8624effe31.gif

“I kind of feel like today’s Jackie Robinson,” he says. “That’s huge to say. But it’s cool, man, because he changed the game, and I feel like I’m getting to a point to where I need to change the game.”
Game, set, match.

Anderson = Douche

I'm not going to the games today. But I hope Yankees fan remember to serenade Anderson with a lot of "Jackie" every time he comes to bat. You know....because we're all racists.

Game, set, match.

Anderson = Douche
How can Anyone whether he is black or white,
not comprehend the tremendous thing J.R.
did, and what he went thru. I just don't believe
Anderson really has a clue, to say what he
said. He should just shut his face.

I'm not going to the games today. But I hope Yankees fan remember to serenade Anderson with a lot of "Jackie" every time he comes to bat. You know....because we're all racists.
LaRussa sat Anderson in game 1. Hasn't appeared so far.

Anyone gonna be sad when Chapman and his ridiculous salary take a walk at the end of the season? Didn't think so.

He's clearly lost a step to his fastball and his inconsistency screams 7th inning mop up man during a blow out.

Yankees have a great record but there are some concerns with the team.Hitting from the catchers,Hicks and Gallo are very disappointing .Judge has 15 home runs but only 31 rbi's because the eight and nine hitters are rarely on base.Chapman had another bad performance today and Green needs surgery.It will be interesting to see if the Yankees trade for a out fielder in July after the all star game.

Anderson is 5 for 9 with a homer and three RBIs in this series; Donaldson is hitless with an RBI.

The more I think about it, maybe Donaldson wasn’t trying to be racist but he needs to be smarter and I little more aware.
Makes me think of a guy at work watching a few women together talking about their outfits and joking with each other about how their bodies look in them and here comes that guy that thinks that is an open invitation to make a comment.
you just got to be smarter. I don’t like Anderson and maybe he played it up but I also think that while Donaldson says they have joked like this before, it may have Ben, ‘he’ has joked like this before.

But it was said in an interview that was available to millions not a few ppl. He put himself out there by comparing himself to jr. He makes it sound like jd called him Jackie out of the blue

Donaldson said that he called him that a few years ago and they laughed about it... I'm not sure what changed. If Anderson asked him to stop calling him that to his face and he continued, then JD is in the wrong.

I think Anderson used a poor analogy when comparing himself to Jackie Robinson. I read a book a number of years ago and was amazed at how JR was able to deal with the vile stuff sent his way and never respond publicly. To top it off, he was one of the greatest baseball players that ever lived.

Reactions: Kbee3
Donaldson said that he called him that a few years ago and they laughed about it... I'm not sure what changed. If Anderson asked him to stop calling him that to his face and he continued, then JD is in the wrong.

I think Anderson used a poor analogy when comparing himself to Jackie Robinson. I read a book a number of years ago and was amazed at how JR was able to deal with the vile stuff sent his way and never respond publicly. To top it off, he was one of the greatest baseball players that ever lived.
Either JD is a liar or he's not. It's nearly impossible to know, especially since Anderson never talked about his prior relationship that I know of. I agree that it's probably poor judgement for Donaldson to even say anything. Clearly he's going to lose any argument once race is involved.

What bothers me is that you can't bust on Anderson for comparing himself to Jackie Robinson. No current situation in MLB or anything in the last 50 years compares to what he went through and how he excelled despite the hatred thrown at him. It was an absurd statement then and now. Their only true comparison is the color of their skin.

I wonder how Tim Anderson feels about his managers past comments about national anthem kneeling.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/w...ussa-addresses-past-criticism-anthem-protests

Either JD is a liar or he's not. It's nearly impossible to know, especially since Anderson never talked about his prior relationship that I know of. I agree that it's probably poor judgement for Donaldson to even say anything. Clearly he's going to lose any argument once race is involved.

What bothers me is that you can't bust on Anderson for comparing himself to Jackie Robinson. No current situation in MLB or anything in the last 50 years compares to what he went through and how he excelled despite the hatred thrown at him. It was an absurd statement then and now. Their only true comparison is the color of their skin.

I wonder how Tim Anderson feels about his managers past comments about national anthem kneeling.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/w...ussa-addresses-past-criticism-anthem-protests
My take on the 2019 interview is that he wants to play like JR, not be, and not be compared to. His point was that he would play the game hard, try to make it fun. Maybe he could have pointed to 100 other players in MLB history but he used JR.
Donaldson- more and more I’m hearing, he is either an AH or very detatached and ignorant. Disliked by both black and white ex teammates.
and let’s say it is 100% just innocent ignorant fun…guy just has to be smarter.

Judge with two home runs and Yankees losing 5-4.Cole with poor pitching perforamnce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT