ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant say that I've ever heard of an MLB player "disrespecting" a member of another team.
What a tragedy.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
So, as I had started to suspect- when Donaldson started with the Jackie in 2019- only he thought it funny...
So, saying it this week, Donaldson didn't understand from day one, it wasn't funny.
Again, I don't know if it was racial from day one or just busting balls about comparing in any way to one of the most iconic people in history...but damn, man, you need to understand when you just don't say certain things.

So, as I had started to suspect- when Donaldson started with the Jackie in 2019- only he thought it funny...
So, saying it this week, Donaldson didn't understand from day one, it wasn't funny.
Again, I don't know if it was racial from day one or just busting balls about comparing in any way to one of the most iconic people in history...but damn, man, you need to understand when you just don't say certain things.
Anderson compared himself to Jackie. Donaldson was making fun of him for doing so. Nothing racial about.

Anderson compared himself to Jackie. Donaldson was making fun of him for doing so. Nothing racial about.
Again, maybe for the 3rd or 4th time...I have said it may not be a racial comment...but he needs to be smarter. We all have to.

Yes, explain it to me.
There are things I may have said 30 years ago that I wouldn't have said 10 years ago, things I said 10 years ago I wouldn't say today.
And I am better for realizing that I was actually wrong 30 years ago.

Jd said they both laughed abt it in 19. So what changed ? If Rizzo does an interview and calls himself the new Lou Gehrig would calling him Lou be racist and be reason for a suspension. GTFOOH

Reactions: RUfinally2008
There are things I may have said 30 years ago that I wouldn't have said 10 years ago, things I said 10 years ago I wouldn't say today.
And I am better for realizing that I was actually wrong 30 years ago.
There was nothing wrong with the words Donaldson used. Is Donaldson a jerk? Indications are yes he is. Was he trying to get under Anderson’s skin - for sure. It worked and Anderson got pissed. Maybe Anderson should be smarter and not compare himself to a baseball icon.

Reactions: T2Kplus20 and Kbee3
Now DJ is out injured wrist. As usual injuries starting to pile up. Andujar finally gets in the lineup hope he puts Gallo in rear view mirror.

There was nothing wrong with the words Donaldson used. Is Donaldson a jerk? Indications are yes he is. Was he trying to get under Anderson’s skin - for sure. It worked and Anderson got pissed. Maybe Anderson should be smarter and not compare himself to a baseball icon.
So true.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I thought it was pretty funny.

I guess it's time to see what some of the Yankees prospects have to contribute now.
Great job by Sears yesterday.

I guess it's time to see what some of the Yankees prospects have to contribute now.
Great job by Sears yesterday.
Yes, both great job by Sears and time to see how good/bad the prospects are. This team needs to get younger. By position players it's the 4th oldest team in the majors.

Nasty Nestor dominates again.
The lineup is incredibly weak right now though.
Need to get back DJ, Giancarlo, and Donaldson ASAP.
Starting pitching been steady.
Bullpen a little shakey lately.
Gallo still struggling badly hoping andujar can win that spot.
Offense has been week — but still winning

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Year after year when the Yankees go through an injury phase, the young kids almost always play well. Hopefully we get more of the same this year. Although it's more of a retread game with Carpenter, Banuelos and Adujar coming to the rescue.

Looking like possible congrats to the Yankees for obtaining Taillon, yet another former Pirates’ pitcher whose time with there basically consisted of unfulfilled potential. Go somewhere else and performing like an all star (at least so far).

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Now DJ is out injured wrist. As usual injuries starting to pile up. Andujar finally gets in the lineup hope he puts Gallo in rear view mirror.
Need to trade Gallo for:

71+DE3sBtAL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT