ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't imagine he has much value. I doubt someone that scrounges for retreads like the Twins would even take him.

Mgmt might just wait and see what things look like at the trade deadline and stand pat for now?
The Yanks will have to cover most of his salary. I would try to dump him now. Addition by subtraction!

Voit just got dumped. Good.
He had the good Covid season, but was too much strike out/double play guy.

Not sure they got someone that ever plays at the major league level.

Correa to the Twins surprises me, but from a competition standpoint, helps that he's going to a team that will be a 500 team, at best. And it weakens the Astros.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
He had the good Covid season, but was too much strike out/double play guy.

Not sure they got someone that ever plays at the major league level.

Correa to the Twins surprises me, but from a competition standpoint, helps that he's going to a team that will be a 500 team, at best. And it weakens the Astros.
+1
We didn't need Correa with the 2 kids almost ready for the big team. We also need to pay Judge soon.

I'm having a hard time getting excited about this team. There are too many strikeouts in the lineup, too many players whose best position is DH, questions about the starting pitchers, and who is the everyday CF?

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Sanchez - 27.5%
Urshela - 24.7%
Voit 30.7%

Donaldson 21.0%
Kiner-Falefa 13.3%
Rizzo - 15.1%

That's the amount of time each player struck out last year according to Fan Graphs. So if the trends stay similar, you should be seeing much less strikeouts. 'm not putting the defensive catcher in since he's a backup.

This move was done to shore up the defense up the middle and to dump Sanchez to give flexibility to the DH spot again. Also, DJ gets to be the roving infielder he was originally supposed to be. The re-signing of Rizzo also gets rid the glove butcher at first base.

I would imagine Cash is finally responding to the lack of success of his old method of team building a bit. Ledger said the complacency in the locker room was significant last year and changes needed to be made. Even the star players agreed with this.

Reactions: RUInsanity
Sanchez - 27.5%
Urshela - 24.7%
Voit 30.7%

Donaldson 21.0%
Kiner-Falefa 13.3%
Rizzo - 15.1%

That's the amount of time each player struck out last year according to Fan Graphs. So if the trends stay similar, you should be seeing much less strikeouts. 'm not putting the defensive catcher in since he's a backup.

This move was done to shore up the defense up the middle and to dump Sanchez to give flexibility to the DH spot again. Also, DJ gets to be the roving infielder he was originally supposed to be. The re-signing of Rizzo also gets rid the glove butcher at first base.

I would imagine Cash is finally responding to the lack of success of his old method of team building a bit. Ledger said the complacency in the locker room was significant last year and changes needed to be made. Even the star players agreed with this.
Cash needs to scrap his analytics BS! This may be a step in the right direction.

Cash needs to scrap his analytics BS! This may be a step in the right direction.
Well technically this is all analytics isn't it? But yes, he needs to start using common sense and not have a lineup filled with only righty home run hitters who strike out 30 percent of the time and catch the ball like Dorn in Major League.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Well technically this is all analytics isn't it? But yes, he needs to start using common sense and not have a lineup filled with only righty home run hitters who strike out 30 percent of the time and catch the ball like Dorn in Major League.
DistantEdibleIguana-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Rhuarc

Yankees Still Considering Trevor Story in Free Agency; Short-Term Deal Is 'Possibility'​

Story is reportedly willing to explore short-term deals at this point in free agency, similar to what Carlos Correa agreed to with the Twins

Meh. Just another high K righty bat.

Story's game has started to fall off recently so I would take a hard pass. Go get a pitcher and a lefty bat off the bench and let it roll.

Reactions: MitchLL
Story's game has started to fall off recently so I would take a hard pass. Go get a pitcher and a lefty bat off the bench and let it roll.
He also has the typical Coors Field vs visitor park split in offensive production. Hell no on Story.

Reactions: Rhuarc
  • Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Excellent. Overpaying for mediocre talent.
I thought it would be stupid for the Yankees to focus on spending big bucks on a free agent shortstop when they have two of the top prospects in baseball at that position...soon to be big league ready. Especially since George's kids don't look to be as free-spending as their dad was.

Reactions: T2Kplus20

Appeals court rules letter that allegedly shows MLB hid Yankees’ sign stealing should be unsealed

Sounds like common sense to let the letter hit the public and let them decide. If they cheated, they deserve whatever comes to them.

Sounds like common sense to let the letter hit the public and let them decide. If they cheated, they deserve whatever comes to them.
They surely tried to cheat after 2017 when MLB decided to do nothing about the overt cheating of Houston. Then Boston cheated big time to win in 2018. When in Rome!

They surely tried to cheat after 2017 when MLB decided to do nothing about the overt cheating of Houston. Then Boston cheated big time to win in 2018. When in Rome!
I agree. Selective enforcement is stupid and only makes the MLB leaders look weak.

The biggest hypocrisy is that the MLB leadership loved steroids because of the offensive explosion and how it saved baseball but won't just come out and admit. Instead they'll reap the cash and then make a stand on some issue that's irrelevant or after the fact.

I agree. Selective enforcement is stupid and only makes the MLB leaders look weak.

The biggest hypocrisy is that the MLB leadership loved steroids because of the offensive explosion and how it saved baseball but won't just come out and admit. Instead they'll reap the cash and then make a stand on some issue that's irrelevant or after the fact.
+1
Selective enforcement or no enforcement means it's fair game for everyone. No issues here.

They should have a wing for Selig, Bonds, Sosa, McGuire, Arod, Clemens, Etc and how they saved baseball

I know it's spring training, but Severino looks like shit.

Control is horrible and it's highlighting that KH isn't the answer behind the plate.

That hunt for a first string catcher continues.

I know it's spring training, but Severino looks like shit.

Control is horrible and it's highlighting that KH isn't the answer behind the plate.

That hunt for a first string catcher continues.
Too early to worry about Severino.
Also, I don't know what people saw that made them think that Higgy was anything but Cole's personal catcher.
I hope we're not being set up to regret the day the Yanks "traded" Sanchez.

Last edited:
Higgy thanks you guys for motivating him today to have a 2 homer game. Keep up the good work gents!

Bravo.

But he's not the guy you'll expect to be your #1 guy and catch 130 games.
I agree. I'm just busting your chops.

We definitely need a catcher upgrade. I think we'll get one in April after final cuts are made.

Starting to worry a little bit about Severino.
Not the same since the injury. Hopefully he can turn it around. We have youth pitching depth but I would prefer to get a proven starter sometime soon.

Last edited:
Not the same since the injury. Hopefully he can turn it around. We have youth pitching depth but I would prefer to get a proven starter sometime soon.
Not to be a buzz kill but WTF with your SP's? I do think you have a playoff team except that your starters seem to be a complete mess.
And I know that ST isn't the season but the eye test is saying there seems to be something off with each of them.

Outside of that

1B is improved 2B is the right guy
SS is improved- see above
3B is improved but he needs to be healthy
OF- is kind of a mess outside of Judge
DH- love him or hate him Stanton is going to give you 35/100
C - we just dont know
RP- also a question

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT