ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
- I love NY/NJ sports- when my favorite team isn't winning- I would rather another NY/NJ team win.
I enjoy when both teams in town are doing well- makes the season a lot of fun.
This deserves a like. I agree wholeheartedly, with the exception of the Rangers. Here's hoping for a Subway Series 2022

Reactions: yesrutgers01
SO last night, Yanks down 3 going into the 9th, Gleyber draws a walk to lead off. Trevino, Judge, Carpenter and IKF on the bench and Boonie lets Hicks and Higgie bat. SO Hicks, OK the pitcher is lefty, maybe you don't want to put Carpenter in, maybe IKF isn't 100%, but Higgie batting .170? Automatic out? Why in God's name did he not pinch hit Trevino in that spot? He's 100 points higher in average, so you're 50% more likely to get a better result. It makes no sense. Just feels like they wasted two of their last three outs.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
[/QUOTE]
Tonight Judge hits two homers and we win by one. Maybe Boone will figure it out. If he feels
Judge has to have a day off then do it when we play the Cubs. Go all out when we play
Toronto. Tampa, Boston and just bury the
biggest competitors in our division.

Last edited:
The way that Hicks is playing, he might be worth a bag of balls... signed by Joe D.

Great game, great team, why the f is Gallo still here?
Gallo boggles my mind. He looks like he knows he sucks and would rather hide in the dugout. The only time he hits is when it doesn’t matter or he’s facing garbage pitching.

Aaron Hicks ON HIS DAY OFF, June 13th…. Honored my dad by playing in the Yogi Berra Museum celebrity golf outing…. Willie Randolph and Ron Guidry are our hosts.
I met his fiancée Cheyenne Woods, Tiger’s niece….so cool!!!!
Aaron by the way is a solid scratch who drives it 300 plus and spins his wedges around the greens.
Love that guy, if healthy it’s not even close between him and Gallo

Can see Judge getting in the 7-270 range
Would be very costly in the last couple of years but he really should be a lifelong Yankee

Anything longer than that should include a buy-out. He could still be a dominating player at 37, but decline can be precipitous after that.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Anything longer than that should include a buy-out. He could still be a dominating player at 37, but decline can be precipitous after that.
I think other teams may try to over pay or go too long on contract but I also hope Judge understands the difference of being a full career Yankee and a Captain. Getting an extra year or 20-30 million extra over 7-8 years shouldn’t be able to replace that.
mid they give him the C- endorsements alone would make it up. And 20 years from now, that extra year or money would mean much less than having a legacy.

Yanks cheap out. A good relationship move and a good PR move would have just granted his asking #
Depends on the incentives. Given the season he is having will they be easily reached? And will the total be more than the $21m he was asking for? This might be structured for upcoming negotiations with other players.

Depends on the incentives. Given the season he is having will they be easily reached? And will the total be more than the $21m he was asking for? This might be structured for upcoming negotiations with other players.
Nope. Just $250k for MVP, $250k for World Series MVP

I know you guys don't care about the actual numbers he's talking about, but giving Judge what he wants 10 years, 360 million is borderline insane. We know that Hal is not going to be like the Dodgers and constantly go over the cap, even though they clearly can afford it. The big question is, how many good years can you get out of Judge before he starts to decline? Throw him in CF and that probably reduces his longevity. I can't imagine how much you guys would be screaming 8 years from now when 1/7th of the Yankee payroll is being taken up by 1 guy who can't produce.

I would give him 7 or 8 years at whatever money value he wants. The years need to be kept under control.

If your going to give him 8 you might as well give him 10. By year 5 the salaries will make his look like a bargain.

I know you guys don't care about the actual numbers he's talking about, but giving Judge what he wants 10 years, 360 million is borderline insane. We know that Hal is not going to be like the Dodgers and constantly go over the cap, even though they clearly can afford it. The big question is, how many good years can you get out of Judge before he starts to decline? Throw him in CF and that probably reduces his longevity. I can't imagine how much you guys would be screaming 8 years from now when 1/7th of the Yankee payroll is being taken up by 1 guy who can't produce.

I would give him 7 or 8 years at whatever money value he wants. The years need to be kept under control.
If I were the Yanks- I would be ok with 8/300

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT