ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a requirement that all MLB teams are scheduled to play a game on July 4th... it's only supposed to be the national pastime. SMH

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
The last time that Yankees were off on July 4 was in 1978.
It may have been a rainout in either Boston or Texas.

Of course,2020 and 1981 don't count.
And they were also off this Memorial Day. totally sucks.

Batting averages of Yankees lineup Sunday:
C....255
1B...223
2B...252
SS....258
3B....226
LF.....250
CF.....221
RF.....165
DH....245
One hit for the game from the Bronx Bombers

Batting averages of Yankees lineup Sunday:
C....255
1B...223
2B...252
SS....258
3B....226
LF.....250
CF.....221
RF.....165
DH....245
One hit for the game from the Bronx Bombers
5 of those guys are hitting above the league average right now. Pitching and bullpen usage are absolutely dominant right now.

Interesting article I found. Lists the top salaries in baseball for this season. Stanton is only the 22nd highest paid. I would have thought it was more. He makes 25 million this year. Scherzer makes 43 million a year, which is insane for someone his age and gets hurt frequently.

5 of those guys are hitting above the league average right now. Pitching and bullpen usage are absolutely dominant right now.
The shortstop at .258 had the highest average among Sunday's starters.
When was the last time that was the case for the Bronx Bombers ?
BTW, this is the Yankees....a team that strives for a little better than league average.

Last edited:
The shortstop at .258 had the highest average among Sunday's starters.
When was the last time that was the case for the Bronx Bombers ?
BTW, this is the Yankees....a team that struves for a little better than league average.
The thing is- your team is still hitting well above the AL average, leads in power numbers and can run the bases. Pair that with dominate pitching and you have a team that is well out in front of MLB. I believe they are striving and surpassing for better than league average.

Reactions: Rhuarc
The thing is- your team is still hitting well above the AL average, leads in power numbers and can run the bases. Pair that with dominate pitching and you have a team that is well out in front of MLB. I believe they are striving and surpassing for better than league average.
Not to mention the Yankees lead MLB in total runs scored (403), runs per game (5.04), and run differential (+162). That’s sort of the entire point of the game, so hard to complain about batting average. If these metrics drop, then sure.

Interesting article I found. Lists the top salaries in baseball for this season. Stanton is only the 22nd highest paid. I would have thought it was more. He makes 25 million this year. Scherzer makes 43 million a year, which is insane for someone his age and gets hurt frequently.

He is being paid $29 million this year. Next year $32 million and the following 2 years. His payroll tax # is $22million this year

The thing that makes me more optimistic this season is the starting pitching is better than in recent history.

That'll be the key in the playoffs.

The thing that makes me more optimistic this season is the starting pitching is better than in recent history.

The concern is that over the past month, the SP has been average to bad. Montgomery and Cole have been pretty solid but even those two are in the min 3's era this past month and Cortes, Tallion, Severino have been bad.
The good news- they are still winning but the SP is not what they were most of the early season.

The concern is that over the past month, the SP has been average to bad. Montgomery and Cole have been pretty solid but even those two are in the min 3's era this past month and Cortes, Tallion, Severino have been bad.
The good news- they are still winning but the SP is not what they were most of the early season.
Severino wasn't bad tonight.

Seven of Yanks next ten games vs. Bosux.....first four in Beantown.
Another big test for the Bronx Bombers.

There's a difference between solid and expectations of perfection. Every player slumps in baseball - including pitchers who on some nights just don't have it. You have to examine each player from start to start.

All teams would be happy to have starters with mid 3 ERAs as it generally gives the team a reasonable chance to win in most games. Both Cortes and Tallion were up and down in June. Severino only had one bad start in June and has had 3 acceptable - very good starts since.

I think you might be trying too hard to find and post major issues with the cross town rival of the team you root for.

Reactions: WhiteBus and Kbee3
Seven of Yanks next ten games vs. Bosux.....first four in Beantown.
Another big test for the Bronx Bombers.

At what point do you start to believe in a team that is already 36 games above .500 and has a 14 game lead at the halfway point? Are you anticipating a total collapse? For me the only remaining big test will be in the post season.

There's a difference between solid and expectations of perfection. Every player slumps in baseball - including pitchers who on some nights just don't have it. You have to examine each player from start to start.

All teams would be happy to have starters with mid 3 ERAs as it generally gives the team a reasonable chance to win in most games. Both Cortes and Tallion were up and down in June. Severino only had one bad start in June and has had 3 acceptable - very good starts since.

I think you might be trying too hard to find and post major issues with the cross town rival of the team you root for.
Guy is a clown. Pretends to be a baseball fan but always gets his dig in on the Yankees. He should worry about the Mets struggles instead.

You are listening to your buddy WB too much. I actually enjoy when both teams are good and have said that many times over the years.
my point was to the poster talking about the starters and the confidence in them. I agree, for 90% of players, a season is up and down. The Yankee starters have been mostly great for a good majority of the season and carried the Yanks along with Judge. You just expect them all to be performing to what they did as a group over the first z50 or so games. You will need the other hitters to start picking it up to continue winning like this.
and in no way does that mean I expect them to fall apart either. Yanks will most likely be around 110 or so wins this year. But you need it all to be clicking come playoff time

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Uh oh.
Neither Rizzo or Judge are in the lineup tonight in Boston.

Last edited:
You are listening to your buddy WB too much. I actually enjoy when both teams are good and have said that many times over the years.
my point was to the poster talking about the starters and the confidence in them. I agree, for 90% of players, a season is up and down. The Yankee starters have been mostly great for a good majority of the season and carried the Yanks along with Judge. You just expect them all to be performing to what they did as a group over the first z50 or so games. You will need the other hitters to start picking it up to continue winning like this.
and in no way does that mean I expect them to fall apart either. Yanks will most likely be around 110 or so wins this year. But you need it all to be clicking come playoff time

There's an entire 2nd half of the season to play first before we get to "clicking" come playoff time. There are also likely moves at the trade deadline to consider. Yankees have both a deep rotation (with good reinforcements ready in the minors) and a deep pen to pick them up - you should be looking at the entire situation.

Hitting is down across MLB and if you watch every Yankee game you would know that they are winning in a variety of ways. Moving runners, bunts, stolen bases, sac flies, hitting with 2 outs and yes.....lots of HRs. It's likely that Gallo will not survive the trade deadline if he continues at current pace.

If you root for the Yanks like you claim, not sure why you would be focused on projecting how pitching and hitting in June will impact the playoffs.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Uh oh.
Neither Rzzo or Judge are in the lineup tonight in Boston.
He just broke out if his hitting slump yesterday,
good time to sit him. His last slump started when he was chasing all sorts of Yankee
hitting records and Boone thought use needed a day off.

There's an entire 2nd half of the season to play first before we get to "clicking" come playoff time. There are also likely moves at the trade deadline to consider. Yankees have both a deep rotation (with good reinforcements ready in the minors) and a deep pen to pick them up - you should be looking at the entire situation.

Hitting is down across MLB and if you watch every Yankee game you would know that they are winning in a variety of ways. Moving runners, bunts, stolen bases, sac flies, hitting with 2 outs and yes.....lots of HRs. It's likely that Gallo will not survive the trade deadline if he continues at current pace.

If you root for the Yanks like you claim, not sure why you would be focused on projecting how pitching and hitting in June will impact the playoffs.
Context- I was responding to this…are you really that sensitive to think I just came on here with a random post. I responded directly to a post about the playoffs.

He just broke out if his hitting slump yesterday,
good time to sit him. His last slump started when he was chasing all sorts of Yankee
hitting records and Boone thought use needed a day off.
Judge - lower body soreness

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT