ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be a buzz kill but WTF with your SP's? I do think you have a playoff team except that your starters seem to be a complete mess.
And I know that ST isn't the season but the eye test is saying there seems to be something off with each of them.

Outside of that

1B is improved 2B is the right guy
SS is improved- see above
3B is improved but he needs to be healthy
OF- is kind of a mess outside of Judge
DH- love him or hate him Stanton is going to give you 35/100
C - we just dont know
RP- also a question
I think it's all based on Hal's directive not to spend more money. I would call the starters unproven with potential though.

I think it's all based on Hal's directive not to spend more money. I would call the starters unproven with potential though.
Is Hal's directive not to excess the luxury tax threshold?

Is Hal's directive not to excess the luxury tax threshold?
Speculation. They've already exceeded the threshold this year but I don't think he wants to enter the next level financial penalties if they exceed the next level. I believe there's 3 levels now.

I do have a question for Yankee fans. With your current team, one would think a power left handed batter that could play an above average OF would be a great get. What do you think is really holding off on you guys making a deal with Conforto? He actually could be a great fit for your team? Is it the off year, some health concerns or that he most likely wants a short term deal and you have to give up a draft pick?

I do have a question for Yankee fans. With your current team, one would think a power left handed batter that could play an above average OF would be a great get. What do you think is really holding off on you guys making a deal with Conforto? He actually could be a great fit for your team? Is it the off year, some health concerns or that he most likely wants a short term deal and you have to give up a draft pick?
A 251 million dollar payroll. Draft pick is probably 2nd.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
They've announced that some of this season's Yankees games won't be on Yes or channel 11.
Amazon plus only.
Talk about maximizing profits.

• Wow
Reactions: RW90
They've announced that some of this season's Yankees games won't be on Yes or channel 11.
Amazon plus only.
Talk about maximizing profits.
bet that they end up blacked out locally as well.

Yes, just. 141 other games. Also, everyone should have Amazon Prime now. The NFL is streaming Thursday night games on AP starting next season.
Im really not interested in watching a baseball game on my computer screen.

Im really not interested in watching a baseball game on my computer screen.
Any game that was set to be televised on prime or sling last year was blacked out unless it was an away game. Frustrating as hell. And this was for both NY teams

About two dozen games available only on Amazon Prime TV and nowhere else, including most bars (who don't subscribe to Amazon TV).

In the short term, this would be of benefit to the Mets who have new ownership, a roster with great possibilities, and now a couple dozen open dates to showcase that. Some Metro-area baseball (and Yankee) fans who are not of the "hate the Mets" fandom will satisfy their baseball interest with checking out the new New York Mets at the expense of the Yankees.

Of course, if this Amazon Prime thing becomes the wave of the future, the Mets will jump right in with the Yankees. So as someone who has no interest in Amazon TV or any streaming service for sports, I hope this fails. But I'm not betting the house on it.

I didn't know that was possible.
We actually have Amazon prime.....for deliveries.
If you have AP for deliveries, you have AP for video and TV! We have Comcast/Xfinity and our cable box has direct access to many streaming apps.....like AP, Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, etc.

If you have cable, you likely have the same access. Otherwise, do you use a Roku stick or have a smart TV with Roku services? If yes, you have access to AP Video app.

If you have AP for deliveries, you have AP for video and TV! We have Comcast/Xfinity and our cable box has direct access to many streaming apps.....like AP, Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, etc.

If you have cable, you likely have the same access. Otherwise, do you use a Roku stick or have a smart TV with Roku services? If yes, you have access to AP Video app.
Thanks.
My wife tells me there's a jack on the back of our tv that the installer said was for just such a purpose. She doesn't remember right now where the cord is for it though. We have tvs and computers on multiple floors, so if I get motivated I may go downstairs and try to figure it out.
We'll see. As you said, it's just 21 games.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus20
Thanks.
My wife tells me there's a jack on the back of our tv that the installer said was for just such a purpose. She doesn't remember right now where the cord is for it though. We have tvs and computers on multiple floors, so if I get motivated I may go downstairs and try to figure it out.
We'll see. As you said, it's just 21 games.
Thanks again.

If you have a Smart TV with Roku etc. you can search for the Prime Video App and download it. Some TVs come with it already installed. If not you can purchase a Fire Stick for like $29 and plug it into your TV HDMI port. It will come with Prime and other Apps pre loaded. All you will have to do is log on through your Amazon Prime account.

If you have a Smart TV with Roku etc. you can search for the Prime Video App and download it. Some TVs come with it already installed. If not you can purchase a Fire Stick for like $29 and plug it into your TV HDMI port. It will come with Prime and other Apps pre loaded. All you will have to do is log on through your Amazon Prime account.
Thanks. Will check out Fire Stick.

I like the new Pitchcom devices they're using to send the pitches in. Seems like they help pick up the pace of the game.

Reactions: Kbee3
278017558_10160210005197042_734548351919467371_n.jpg

Aaron Judge is smoking crack if this is true.

Judge's representatives wanted a nine-year deal in excess of the average annual value of Los Angeles Angels outfielder Mike Trout's contract, which comes to $319.6 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said, speaking on condition of anonymity because Judge's stance was not made public."

Now there clearly is a middle ground to complete this but it will have to be at the end of the year. A roll of the dice for both sides, but I think Judge won't stay healthy this year.

Aaron Judge is smoking crack if this is true.

Judge's representatives wanted a nine-year deal in excess of the average annual value of Los Angeles Angels outfielder Mike Trout's contract, which comes to $319.6 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said, speaking on condition of anonymity because Judge's stance was not made public."

Now there clearly is a middle ground to complete this but it will have to be at the end of the year. A roll of the dice for both sides, but I think Judge won't stay healthy this year.
HELL NO on that type of contract. Would be happy to let him walk.

So, let's say you let him walk- who do you sign to replace him next year that allows Yankee fans to forgive you. I don't see anyone in the OF in the next two FA classes that come even close. And he is the "face" of your yankees.

Reactions: RW90
So, let's say you let him walk- who do you sign to replace him next year that allows Yankee fans to forgive you.
Agreed, he's the face of the Yankees at this point. He walks and its a more or less a roster of journey men.

14 KOs in nine innings.

Some things never change.

King is the new Jonathon Holder.

Edit...All my reverse psychology worked.

You're welcome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT