ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cole goes tonight...vs. TBA. Hopefully he can put a stop to this horrible streak.
And hopefully the Yanks can get some hits. Gleyber in particular is 0 for his last 20.
I can't figure how this team would look wthout Judge.

Cole goes tonight...vs. TBA. Hopefully he can put a stop to this horrible streak.
And hopefully the Yanks can get some hits. Gleyber in particular is 0 for his last 20.
If you are getting shut out and dropping a series to the Division's last place team does Judge even matter? It's time to get rid of the puppet in the dugout and bring in a true ass kicking manager. Too many prima donnas in that dugout. I'm tired of hearing it's a new day and you can't holler at these guys anymore. If I'm paying these children I'm hollering. And stop losing all the quality free agents and available trade prizes to small market teams, and rhen trying to bring in alternatives. There is a reason they are the alternatives! Oh well, enough said. Bring on some college football.

Reactions: MitchLL
So naturally, Torres gets slotted in the leadoff spot tonight. They're admittedly pretty banged up though, as LeMahieu gets added to the list of walking wounded.

If you are getting shut out and dropping a series to the Division's last place team does Judge even matter? It's time to get rid of the puppet in the dugout and bring in a true ass kicking manager. Too many prima donnas in that dugout. I'm tired of hearing it's a new day and you can't holler at these guys anymore. If I'm paying these children I'm hollering. And stop losing all the quality free agents and available trade prizes to small market teams, and rhen trying to bring in alternatives. There is a reason they are the alternatives! Oh well, enough said. Bring on some college football.
The problem is beyond the puppet. This is Brian Cashman's team. Everyone plays by his rules.

Reactions: RW90 and MitchLL
Great night for Hicks so far. Badly misplays a fly ball to the warning track in center and just killed a potential big inning with a weak 1-2-3 double play ball with bases loaded. He’s something like 0 for his last 25.

I think I’m turning this one off and hoping for the best.

It's HR or bust for these guys.

Why heads aren't rolling is mystifying.

Try something different, anything.

Very easy to pitch to.
Seemingly always hitting with two strikes.
Stats say you hit under 200 when you’re constantly hitting with 2 strikes
Another 12 Ks tonite.

I am getting close to the point of hoping they miss the playoffs because that's the only way something changes.

And you are correct that they are always behind in the count. That might be the first thing they change...start swinging at the first pitch.

Two more games with Tampa, Then four with Toronto. Then two with the Mets....and Kay just said it looks like Scherzer and deGrom for those two games. We may be witnessing the biggest collapse in MLB history.
Time for some serious worrying.

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
I was just watching the replay of last night's post game show. The announcer mentioned
Hicks has a 7 year $70 million dollar contract.
Unbelievably outrageous.

I was just watching the replay of last night's post game show. The announcer mentioned
Unbelievably outrageous.
Not so sound surprised, but this was the first time you heard about his contract???

Unbelievably outrageous.
That what he signed. He has 4 years, $42 million left after this year. That a lot of coin.

Unbelievably outrageous.
I'm pretty sure he's at least halfway through that ridiculous contract.
Seriously, Yankees fans only have to endure another month of this clown.

I'm pretty sure he's at least halfway through that ridiculous contract.
Seriously, Yankees fans only have to endure another month of this clown.
Nope....Four years left on that contract.
Once Harrison Bader is healthy in about 3-4 weeks there will be no place for Hicks in the lineup.
I heard he's real good at golf though.

Oh crap, I am all ready to watch tonight's game.
And can't find it anywhere. I will tell yah, Cashman & George's kid are really passing me off.
On the other hand I did not see the TB 3 run
inning.

Just think if George was alive and the NYY were playing like this.

With the lineup Boone trotted out tonite... am I the only person that sees that Benintendi should be the leadoff guy? Certainly not Gleyber.

Last edited:
I think firing a manager with a 9 game lead in his division would be a first.
Boone didn't build the team...And as many people have said over the years- Boone may not even make the lineups.

And on the other hand- to your point, that firing a manger with a 9 game lead- I would also consider that it very easily could be down to a 1-2 game lead if TB or Tor were not doing just as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT