ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had told think something was wrong with Holmes to turn to shit so fast.

At this point, they're just hanging on and fortunately have built up such a big lead in the division.

But there's no way in hell they get past the Astros in the playoffs.

• Love
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Two more games with Tampa, Then four with Toronto. Then two with the Mets....and Kay just said it looks like Scherzer and deGrom for those two games. We may be witnessing the biggest collapse in MLB history.
Time for some serious worrying.
Big lead ?
Not if you're gonna run that gauntlet with no offense.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Two more games with Tampa, Then four with Toronto. Then two with the Mets....and Kay just said it looks like Scherzer and deGrom for those two games. We may be witnessing the biggest collapse in MLB history.
Time for some serious worrying.
Thanks for reminding me of my '64 Phillies!

Reactions: zappaa
Thanks for reminding me of my '64 Phillies!
The way the NYY is playing now, the Phillies collapse is the first thing I thought of.

Fortunately for Cashman, the rest of the East are just beating each other so not much ground made up.

Last edited:
Ron Marinaccio recalled to replace Holmes.
Andujar and Locastro sent down to Scranton. No word if Andujar again requested a trade.

I'm starting to look forward to off days.

But Yankees can't even make that happen this week.

Reactions: MitchLL
Since you can't suddenly fire the whole team...

It's highly unusual, but I think you have to get rid of Boone...immediately.

They need a big jolt. They play afraid. Still taking first pitch strikes and always behind in the count.

So...Judge walks on four pitches and Gleyber swings at the first pitch....yep...sounds about right.

I know that goes to my "being aggressive " approach, but look at the situation? Just total lack of baseball IQ.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Since you can't suddenly fire the whole team...

It's highly unusual, but I think you have to get rid of Boone...immediately.

They need a big jolt. They play afraid. Still taking first pitch strikes and always behind in the count.

So...Judge walks on four pitches and Gleyber swings at the first pitch....yep...sounds about right.

I know that goes to my "being aggressive " approach, but look at the situation? Just total lack of baseball IQ.
Look at the jolt the Phillies got after firing Girardi. It might just be worth it.

This team is a complete hot mess right now.

And you have to feel for Judge who has no one protecting him in the lineup.

Reactions: coldsprings
Will that be the game that finally turns the tide? LaMeheiu back tomorrow, let’s get back.

Chapman gets the win. But blows a chance to make a bid for the closer job.
Donaldson with the game-winning grand slam. Who saw that coming ?
Gleyber and Rizzo homers.
Huge win for Bronx Bombers.
Bring on the Jays.

Chapman gets the win. But blows a chance to make a bid for the closer job.
Donaldson with the game-winning grand slam. Who saw that coming ?
Gleyber and Rizzo homers.
Huge win for Bronx Bombers.
Bring on the Jays.
So much for Chapman becoming the closer. This bullpen is looking like the 2020 and 2021 Phillies.

Rizzo needs to get off the plate 5 inches.
For him it will feel like two feet.
Don Baylor was on top of the plate and was so intimidating to pitchers they were scared to death of hitting him.
But he realized at around 32 years old he was getting jammed and couldn’t get the bat head around quick enough, so he got himself away from the plate….felt awkwardly at first to him but it worked wonders.

Rizzo needs to get off the plate 5 inches.
For him it will feel like two feet.
Don Baylor was on top of the plate and was so intimidating to pitchers they were scared to death of hitting him.
But he realized at around 32 years old he was getting jammed and couldn’t get the bat head around quick enough, so he got himself away from the plate….felt awkwardly at first to him but it worked wonders.

Always great to get analysis from an expert. Thanks

BTW Montgomery is 3-0 and dealing for St. Louis. Why did the Yankees trade him again? Can someone enlighten me for that stupid move.

Look at the jolt the Phillies got after firing Girardi. It might just be worth it.
I'm old... I was actually talking about the 1964 Phillies that ended up losing ten in a row at the end of the season and the Cardinals winning the WS in the end.

the honest truth is- in 2022, cutting bait with 10mil per year for the next 4 years is almost nothing. The guy is killing you
He's not getting on base, can't advance runners, and he's not even an average CF any more.

Pinch run him if necessary...that's it.

He's not getting on base, can't advance runners, and he's not even an average CF any more.

Pinch run him if necessary...that's it.
Nah...you use him as a pinch runner and he'll probably get picked off.
He needs to go.

BTW Montgomery is 3-0 and dealing for St. Louis. Why did the Yankees trade him again? Can someone enlighten me for that stupid move.
Right or wrong, Cashman is setting up the team for the playoffs already and they didn't see Monty as a playoff starter, so they viewed him as expendable. IMO, it was incredibly short sighted. Bader is a great defensive outfielder who can offer some speed off the bench, but the Yankees could have found some of that already in house.

Last edited:
The question is why is Boone playing Hicks.
Because Cashman tells him, " I'm not paying
someone $70 million to sit on the bench"

The question is why is Boone playing Hicks.
Because Cashman tells him, " I'm not paying
someone $70 million to sit on the bench"
I don’t think that takes place.
GM’s and managers are attached at the hip,
but the manager makes out the lineup.
An owner can definitely pass on his thoughts to the GM, and in that case…yes, the manager will have to play him.
I don’t think Hicks is remotely in that category

Last edited:
I don’t think that takes place.
GM’s and managers are attached at the hip,
but the manager makes out the lineup.
An owner can definitely pass on his thoughts the the GM, and in that case…yes, the manager will have to play him.
I don’t think Hicks is remotely in that category
Aaron Boone does not make out the lineup. It comes from the analytics team.

DJ back in the lineup at second base tonight.
Cabrera at shortstop. Florial in centerfield.

Aaron Boone does not make out the lineup. It comes from the analytics team.
That’s a wild guess on your part, or coming from a place of certainty?
I know Aaron Boone and most the coaches….never has it been suggested they don’t make the lineup out.
You think Buck let’s someone else handle his lineup, or do you think he listens to and takes in all the information….Then, writes the names he wants in?

Last edited:
That’s a wild guess on your part, are coming from a place of certainty?
I know Aaron Boone and most the coaches….never has it been suggested they don’t make the lineup out.
You think Buck let’s someone else handle his lineup, or do you think he listens to and takes in all the information….Then, writes the names he wants in?
Joe Giradi mentioned it when he worked on MLB. It goes back that long. Joel Sherman said it was one of several reasons Cashman got rid of him because he fought the analytics being used nearly 100% of the time.
Buck wouldn't have taken the job if someone was making out his lineup. Buck likes analytics but he isn't tied to it 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT