ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think that takes place.
GM’s and managers are attached at the hip,
but the manager makes out the lineup.
An owner can definitely pass on his thoughts to the GM, and in that case…yes, the manager will have to play him.
I don’t think Hicks is remotely in that category
Then if it is not Cashman then is it all on Boone?

Then if it is not Cashman then is it all on Boone?
The current situation most likely falls on both but even more on Hank.
Cashman seems to be on a budget.
We are so used to, Hicks, bad contract, playing poorly, eat it and move on.
now- that isn’t the case.

And let's not forgot that the player they traded for can't play.
I think that's the toughest part of the trade to swallow. At least if you could actually get some production out of the player you traded for, you can see what kind of trade it was. Right now it's a disaster.

That said, the entire pitching staff would be better if they pitched in a stadium that was not the Yankees bandbox for half their games.

I think that's the toughest part of the trade to swallow. At least if you could actually get some production out of the player you traded for, you can see what kind of trade it was. Right now it's a disaster.

That said, the entire pitching staff would be better if they pitched in a stadium that was not the Yankees bandbox for half their games.
You do know that the visiting team has to pitch in the same stadium, right?? How is that an excuse??

Reactions: NickKnight 1
You do know that the visiting team has to pitch in the same stadium, right?? How is that an excuse??
I knew you would be triggered by that comment. When you start 16 games in a stadium that has short fences, ERA's will be higher. It dramatically impact a pitcher's stats. Just like the Coors effect.

Who cates about
I knew you would be triggered by that comment. When you start 16 games in a stadium that has short fences, ERA's will be higher. It dramatically impact a pitcher's stats. Just like the Coors effect.
Who cares about ERAs being higher at home??? Its about winning at home. The guy on the other team should be at a disadvantage from pitching in a unfamiliar park. Yankees pitchers should dominate pitching at the Stadium

Reactions: MitchLL
Who cates about

Who cares about ERAs being higher at home??? Its about winning at home. The guy on the other team should be at a disadvantage from pitching in a unfamiliar park. Yankees pitchers should dominate pitching at the Stadium
Whatever. I can't argue with you anymore. It's exhausting.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Well there goes the theory that Wednesday's nights comeback was just the spark the needed. Back to shit again

Reactions: Kbee3
Your stupid rational is really the exhausting part. Jeeze you bringing up ERAs is the dumbest comment ever.
Can you at least not be an asshole and show respect to someone who believes something different than you? I'm sick of watching your whole schtick that you know everything on every topic. I've always showed you respect even when I thought you were acting nuts. When you were gone from the board earlier this year, a bunch of us even expressed concern and well wishes, not that you ever acknowledged us.

Anyway, we're all supporting the same team here. I'll just move on from here if you can't have a regular conversation without acting like a douche.

Can you at least not be an asshole and show respect to someone who believes something different than you? I'm sick of watching your whole schtick that you know everything on every topic. I've always showed you respect even when I thought you were acting nuts. When you were gone from the board earlier this year, a bunch of us even expressed concern and well wishes, not that you ever acknowledged us.

Anyway, we're all supporting the same team here. I'll just move on from here if you can't have a regular conversation without acting like a douche.
There is a difference between opinion and facts. I was not arguing your opinion, it's the lack of facts that is exhausting. Your ERA nonsense is not an opinion, in fact you didn't even bother to look it up the facts before making an excuse for the Yankees. Here are the facts.
Yankees team ERA
3.10 at Yankee Stadium. 3rd best in MLB
3.61 on the road. 4th in MLB

Go Yankees

When you get a favorable pitching matchup at home or on the road, you should feel as if you’re going to win.
Your ace or number 2 starter facing opposing 3,4 or 5 starter.
Gotta win those games wherever you play
Agree completely.

Question for you on the above arguments we are watching in the thread.
How much does familiarity matter to a veteran starting pitcher, regarding pitching at home or away.
I would think it would mostly have to do with the mound, other than that, for a Veteran SP, it would think you just pitch to your spots. I would think familiarity with a home vs away field would be more important to fielders more than a good pitcher. Thoughts?

The fact that Cashman automatically slotted Montas into a playoff rotation spot and thought of Montgomery as expendable was incredibly short sighted of him. Remember the last time the Yankees traded for Oakland's top starter? I don't think they're retiring Sonny Gray's number anytime soon.

Cabrera in right field for tonight's game.
No Hicks. I guess he's in Boone's doghouse.

Cabrera in right field for tonight's game.
No Hicks. I guess he's in Boone's doghouse.
If he is in the doghouse. then why bring him in
as a pinch hitter at the end of the game down 1 run with our best batters coming up, to make the first out.

Last edited:
Agree completely.

How much does familiarity matter to a veteran starting pitcher, regarding pitching at home or away.
I would think it would mostly have to do with the mound, other than that, for a Veteran SP, it would think you just pitch to your spots. I would think familiarity with a home vs away field would be more important to fielders more than a good pitcher. Thoughts?
Taking the science and thought process out of it, how does this sound.
For some reason I see the ball good in that ballpark.
Likewise for a pitcher:
Home plate looks close and for some reason I feel comfortable pitching there.
I think you can apply that to any sport.
My dad said the baseball looked like a beach ball in Detroit to him, he had no idea why….lol

Reactions: rubaseball78
Agree completely.

Currently 25 of the 30 teams have lower ERAs at home then on the road. Some significantly. No team has a home ERA over 5.00. Four teams are over 5.00 on the road

The fact that Cashman automatically slotted Montas into a playoff rotation spot and thought of Montgomery as expendable was incredibly short sighted of him. Remember the last time the Yankees traded for Oakland's top starter? I don't think they're retiring Sonny Gray's number anytime soon.
playoff slots have been determined.?

If he is in the doghouse. then why bring him
as a pinch hitter at the end of the game down 1 run with our best batters coming up to make the first out.
There can't be anyone on the planet, outside of Boone, that would have thought Hicks had a better chance of getting on base than IKF at that time.

That was a headscratcher.

Hicks situation is looking tenuous right now. 5-54 at bat is a pretty bad stretch.

“Hicks was out of the starting lineup for a fourth consecutive game Friday night against the Blue Jays, losing his everyday outfield job for now following a 5-for-54 slide (.093) with no homers and a paltry .289 OPS since July 28.”

Last edited:
Currently 25 of the 30 teams have lower ERAs at home then on the road. Some significantly. No team has a home ERA over 5.00. Four teams are over 5.00 on the road
See, this is good info. You could have just posted this instead of your demeaning comments like you did. Not sure what your problem with me is, but I'm just going to limit my posting in this thread in the future. It's not worth the drama.

Hicks situation is looking tenuous right now. 5-54 at bat is a pretty bad stretch.

“Hicks was out of the starting lineup for a fourth consecutive game Friday night against the Blue Jays, losing his everyday outfield job for now following a 5-for-54 slide (.093) with no homers and a paltry .289 OPS since July 28.”
But his golf game has improved.

Cole goes for the Yanks this afternoon.
Cabrera in right field again.
BW, Stanton may be back sometime next week...I'm guessing after the Mets series.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Even Cole struggling.

Somebody's head has to roll. I keep thinking this can't get worse...and yet it does.

Bring Abreu in to see if Toronto gets to double digits.

And another double digit day in KOs from the offense...if you want to call it that.

Last edited:
See, this is good info. You could have just posted this instead of your demeaning comments like you did. Not sure what your problem with me is, but I'm just going to limit my posting in this thread in the future. It's not worth the drama.
How about just don't make things up and stand by them like they are facts. Kind of simple. Like you said we are both routing for the same team. Which is becoming harder to do.

Interesting info for suffering Yankees fans:
The Bronx Bombers are 4-12 over their last sixteen games.
The World Series champs in 2019, 2017, 2014, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2006, and 2003 also had bad runs of 4-12 or worse at some point in their season.
Also, the 2000 Yankees had a 3-13 run. And we know how that season ended.
So I guess all is not lost....even though it feels like it.

That being said, the current stretch really sucks.
I feel sorry for the fans at the games in this homestand.
Reminds me of a friday night many summers ago when me and a couple of friends drove in to the Bronx for a Yankees-Bosux matchup featuring Clemens for the bad guys vs. Guidry for the home team. Traffic was horrible and we didn't get to our seats until the 2nd inning. Boston had scored NINE runs in the top of the first and the Yankees zero in the bottom of the first.....while we were trying to get to our seats.
That was the final score. 9-0.
Bummer.

Last edited:
I would trade missing the playoffs (or more realistically, getting swept in the second round after a first round bye) if I knew it would result in Cashman being fired.

Yanks are advised to beat Toronto tomorrow to stop the bleeding.

After that they have a 2 game home series vs Mets and then go on a long road trip to OAK, LAA and TB before their next home series on Sept 5 vs Minny.

Yanks are advised to beat Toronto tomorrow to stop the bleeding.

After that they have a 2 game home series vs Mets and then go on a long road trip to OAK, LAA and TB before their next home series on Sept 5 vs Minny.
The way things are going, their East lead could be down to 2-3 games by Labor Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT