ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still consider batting average a relevant stat, although I hear plenty of talk about how unimportant it is these days....especially one month into the season. But anyone who has watched Hicks since he got here knows what I'm talking about. The eye test.
If either Gallo or Hicks is at bat it's time to go get another beer or take a piss. Especially in the clutch.
The Yanks have one quality outfielder, plus a dh who looks like he could play out there again.
That was previous to this year. Right now his on base percentage is 2nd on the team - .001 behind Rizzo. I would say that it's showing that the other years he was injury prone and it impacted his offensive performance. See DJ as an example. I think you are being too hard on him.

The average team batting average for the league is in the .230's now. And yes, I've heard about people discounting batting average now as well.

This current run is pretty much a team effort and the bullpen, specifically King, is really impressive.

But I still don't think this team can get by the first round of the playoffs when the better pitching staffs usually win. These KOs and non productive outs are still an issue.

But the NYY are beating the teams they should and that's the important point.
The Yankees are becoming one of the best starting rotations in the American league. Their worst starter right now is Severino and even he's been average or slightly above. The question is can they maintain this pace of winning series and avoid injuries. So far, so good.

Reactions: MitchLL
The Yankees are becoming one of the best starting rotations in the American league. Their worst starter right now is Severino and even he's been average or slightly above. The question is can they maintain this pace of winning series and avoid injuries. So far, so good.
Slow down, it's early May. We shall see!

Great pitching and a big inning by the entire lineup (maybe an assist with a questionable call). I'm hoping that they can keep this going and put some space in front of the Jays, who I expect to be there all year.

Reactions: Kbee3
Great pitching and a big inning by the entire lineup (maybe an assist with a questionable call). I'm hoping that they can keep this going and put some space in front of the Jays, who I expect to be there all year.
Jays have scored three runs total in first two games.
The only thing looking better than the five starters for the Yanks is the bullpen.

Reactions: RUDave_01
YES decision or Paul’s?

That’s crazy since we’ve known for a while now that the jabs don’t prevent spread at all.

Nor do they prevent anyone from getting it.

I haven’t watched much baseball since they moved the All Star Game from Atlanta.

Paul is my favorite announcer though
Yesterday the game was in Toronto so Canada's decision. O'Neil and Cone are great at what they do.

The YES Network doesn't want Paul in the booth. He's been home even for home Yankee games.

We all know what proud is trying to do here though.

Make it to the World Series against them and you only have to be better for 4 games.

Friday's game rained out.
Saturday not looking so good either.

Today's first game on Amazon Prime......screw that.
I'll pass.
Much better than when on Channel 11. Most streaming services don’t have WPIX. I hope they put all games on streaming channels.

Streaming live sports is awful.
No way. I cut the cord over 5 years ago. Picture is so much better streaming and I can watch games wherever I am. What’s the difference when games are on Channel 11? A lot of people don’t have WPIX. However who doesn’t have Amazon Prime?

No way. I cut the cord over 5 years ago. Picture is so much better streaming and I can watch games wherever I am. What’s the difference when games are on Channel 11? A lot of people don’t have WPIX. However who doesn’t have Amazon Prime?
You don't need WPIX. They show the WPIX feed on the MLB package. I can watch any game anywhere as well so don't know what you are talking about. No matter how strong your internet is streaming live sports sucks. It's never "live". I get score updates on my phone before they catch up streaming. I don't have Amazon prime. Would never pay a cent for it. Such a ripoff if you aren't buying stuff all the time and they take a $ cut of everything you buy.

You don't need WPIX. They show the WPIX feed on the MLB package. I can watch any game anywhere as well so don't know what you are talking about. No matter how strong your internet is streaming live sports sucks. It's never "live". I get score updates on my phone before they catch up streaming. I don't have Amazon prime. Would never pay a cent for it. Such a ripoff if you aren't buying stuff all the time and they take a $ cut of everything you buy.
But what we do need is to get Gallo OFF THE TEAM! He's a bum.

Love having it on Amazon Prime. Don't get channel 11 and obviously am not going to get the MLB package for a few games a year.

Reactions: Section124
Yankees win again. Great pitching and defense can win a championship with clutch hitting.

Love having it on Amazon Prime. Don't get channel 11 and obviously am not going to get the MLB package for a few games a year.
A few games a year?? It's every game, everyday. If you are a T-Mobile customer it's free.

+1
AP was fine. Just the normal broadcast on a different "channel".

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT