ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baseball is back. I am looking forward to a pitch clock and banning the shift! Otherwise, wake me up when the playoffs start.

:)

Gary Sanchez and Urshela traded to Twins for Donaldson and Kiner-Falefa.

Gary Sanchez and Urshela traded to Twins for Donaldson and Kiner-Falefa.
Wow. Addition by subtraction! Goodbye Sanchez, clears out 3rd for DJ. Stop gap SS until the kids are ready to take over next season.

Need to upgrade 1st and dump Voit.

Wow. Addition by subtraction! Goodbye Sanchez, clears out 3rd for DJ. Stop gap SS until the kids are ready to take over next season.

Need to upgrade 1st and dump Voit.
3rd for DJ? Where is Donaldson going to play?

3rd for DJ? Where is Donaldson going to play?
Mostly DH. I saw Cashman say - DJ at 3rd, TBD at SS, Torres at 2nd, Rizzo/upgrade at 1st.

Obviously, the pieces can be moved around, but I don't think Donaldson is a full time 3rd baseman anymore.

Mostly DH. I saw Cashman say - DJ at 3rd, TBD at SS, Torres at 2nd, Rizzo/upgrade at 1st.

Obviously, the pieces can be moved around, but I don't think Donaldson is a full time 3rd baseman anymore.
Didn’t know Donaldson wasn’t full time any longer. Just read where Kiner-Falefa was going to be the Twins starting SS.

I'm gonna miss Urshela...Sanchez not so much.
Donaldson is really on the downside. Kiner-Falefa answers the question "What are we gonna do at shortstop until Volpe is ready?"
Now all we need is a catcher. a first baseman, and a center fielder.

Reactions: MitchLL
Donaldson is really on the downside. Kiner-Falefa answers the question "What are we gonna do at shortstop until Volpe is ready?"
EXACTKY my view. Gio was a valuable guy for the most part.

Still want a lefty power hitter. Schwarber to 1st?

Freeman, Rizzo, Voit - in that order I'm guessing. I don't think the Yankees will get Freeman, but I think they should. He would be a stud in NY.

They still need some starting pitching depth.

I also think this deal means they sign Judge before the season starts.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Freeman, Rizzo, Voit - in that order I'm guessing. I don't think the Yankees will get Freeman, but I think they should. He would be a stud in NY.

What's the projected rotation?

Cole, Monty, Severino, ?, ?

You can choose from German (injured), Cortes, Schmidt, Garcia, or King I'm guessing. They definitely need a veteran presence in there.
Definitely need another body or two.

They should be going all out on Freeman. While Rizzo was a breath of fresh air last year- I am not sure he is a full season answer anymore. Also agree that they should be doing anything possible to sign Judge right now too. He could easily have a monster year that would make him a 250-300 million guy if he hits FA

They should be going all out on Freeman. While Rizzo was a breath of fresh air last year- I am not sure he is a full season answer anymore. Also agree that they should be doing anything possible to sign Judge right now too. He could easily have a monster year that would make him a 250-300 million guy if he hits FA
100 percent agree!

Cole, Monty, Severino, ?, ?

You can choose from German (injured), Cortes, Schmidt, Garcia, or King I'm guessing. They definitely need a veteran presence in there.
My guess is Cortes, King, and/or Taillon. And eventually German.

Reactions: Rhuarc
My guess is Cortes, King, and/or Taillon. And eventually German.
They are definitely going to need a 6 man rotation for awhile due to the lack of spring training and games. It usually takes 6 weeks to ramp up a starting pitcher.

Where's Bus? I haven't seen him post in awhile. Hope all is well.

Last seen Friday at 7:23am
That's good.

By the way, it sure sounds like Judge is not vaxxed from the way he's dodging the question. That means he can't play in NY or in Toronto as of now. that's over 90 games. 2 Yankees are currently not vaccinated. That rule needs to change, ASAP.

That's good.

By the way, it sure sounds like Judge is not vaxxed from the way he's dodging the question. That means he can't play in NY or in Toronto as of now. that's over 90 games. 2 Yankees are currently not vaccinated. That rule needs to change, ASAP.
I just don’t understand someone losing millions over the Vax. My wife gets so Sick with any vax and has a distrust as she is Caribbean and even she finally got it.!and didn’t have so much at stake

Rizzo news:

Rizzo news:

Rizzo started out on fire last yr when he got here then was average. great in field. I guess voit is odd man out

not Crazy about Rizzo but at least he is LH bat and a good fielder. I think he is on the down slope of career. I can see Lemaheiu playing vs LH pitching

I don’t think Rizzo is horrible but the Yanks just feel old in the infield now.
also disappointing when you go into the off season hoping Freeman doesn’t resign with the Braves and expect to make a hard run at him.

I don’t think Rizzo is horrible but the Yanks just feel old in the infield now.
also disappointing when you go into the off season hoping Freeman doesn’t resign with the Braves and expect to make a hard run at him.

I hope you realize that Rizzo and Freeman are the same age (32). Yankees signed Rizzo for only 2 years @ $16M per. Guessing that Freeman is asking for more years and more money. I guess we'll see how it pans out.

Reactions: mikemarc1
Where is DJ gonna play? 3B - Donaldson SS-IKF 2B - Gleyber 1B - Rizzo.

can’t platoon DJ, no? Is this setting up a Gleyber trade?

N/M..I see the discussion about this some posts up

I hope you realize that Rizzo and Freeman are the same age (32). Yankees signed Rizzo for only 2 years @ $16M per. Guessing that Freeman is asking for more years and more money. I guess we'll see how it pans out.
Same age but it doesn’t seem Freeman has slowed down. Rizzo does not feel elite anymore.

Scratch the first baseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT