ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought MLB was a streaming service too
It is free via T-Mobile or I can get it as part of my Direct TV Stream and other streaming services. I know you can get on cable but I can’t be tethered to cable anymore. Streaming is so much better.

It is free via T-Mobile or I can get it as part of my Direct TV Stream and other streaming services. I know you can get on cable but I can’t be tethered to cable anymore. Streaming is so much better.
We got rid of cable about 3 years ago as well. As long as you live in normal civilization, the streaming is as good as cable. Kind of kidding- there are times it can be annoying if it is lagging for some reason but it really doesnt happen often or that noticeable.

A few games a year?? It's every game, everyday. If you are a T-Mobile customer it's free.
I'm talking about the exclusive games that aren't on YES. I can't get channel 11 but i'm a Prime member so I love when those games are on there. MLB package is 25 bucks a month or 140 for the year. There's no way I would pay anything extra for the 30 or so games not on YES, but when some of those games are on Prime which I already have, I love it.

I can't watch every game anyway, so this impacts me minimally. Besides, I have no problem with monitoring a gamecast on ESPN or listening to the radio instead.

I'm talking about the exclusive games that aren't on YES. I can't get channel 11 but i'm a Prime member so I love when those games are on there. MLB package is 25 bucks a month or 140 for the year. There's no way I would pay anything extra for the 30 or so games not on YES, but when some of those games are on Prime which I already have, I love it.

I can't watch every game anyway, so this impacts me minimally. Besides, I have no problem with monitoring a gamecast on ESPN or listening to the radio instead.
I agree I wouldn’t pay extra for these games, yet you are. Amazon isn't free. I'm not sure why you think paying for Prime is such a great win compared to all the options. It's great for you as you are willing to pay Amazon $15 a month to spend more money to buy things.

I agree I wouldn’t pay extra for these games, yet you are. Amazon isn't free. I'm not sure why you think paying for Prime is such a great win compared to all the options. It's great for you as you are willing to pay Amazon $15 a month to spend more money to buy things.
I only pay for Amazon for the 2 day shipping. With my kids and teaching, my porch is like a UPS warehouse. The prime video is just a perk. I think it's 10 bucks a month, but not sure. And yes, it may be stupid to pay for it, but the fact that it makes my life significantly easier makes it worth its price.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Amazon Prime is not just shipping. It includes photo storage, Prime video content and more. If it was just for the shipping alone it would still be worth it. Hell, people still pay for Costco & BJ's memberships. There are a lot of things people don't need that they pay for.

Amazon Prime is not just shipping. It includes photo storage, Prime video content and more. If it was just for the shipping alone it would still be worth it. Hell, people still pay for Costco & BJ's memberships. There are a lot of things people don't need that they pay for.
What percentage do members pay for photo storage? .0001%?? It's an add on. People pay Amazon because they buy so much shipping cost kills them. The other things are thrown in. Certainly no sane person is becoming a member just for a few baseball games.

What percentage do members pay for photo storage? .0001%?? It's an add on. People pay Amazon because they buy so much shipping cost kills them. The other things are thrown in. Certainly no sane person is becoming a member just for a few baseball games.
Haha- correct. $99 for the shipping plus a few other advantage including Prime for shows and movies. Well worth the price but everyone joins for shipping

The entire rotation needs more run support. Too many automatic outs in the lineup.
Time to give Andujar a sustained shot in left field.

And for those who think Gallo is much better in the field, Gallo is in the 8th percentile in getting a jump. 92% of outfielders get a better jump. If a stat was kept, he would be leading the league in breaking back on fly balls he needs to run in for; they fall for bloop singles and they will cost the Yankees games.

Man- almost your entire starting staff is getting deGrom'ed this year. Pitching lights out and no run support early so not getting wins. Your Staff has been impressive this year!

Reactions: Kbee3
Wow !
You're the first epidemiologist I've heard say that.
What are your thoughts on the smallpox vaccine, doc ?
I think he's right on this one (I can't believe I'm saying this). If he wants to roll the dice and not get vaxxed, it's his business. It's not going to spread or kill anyone else differently because he didn't get jabbed.

If things remain close to what we're seeing now in the AL East...go get a guy like Contreras at the deadline at catcher.

Now it looks like a 2 team race.

Who says the Yankees require it??
Maybe he enjoys staying home and getting paid. Or he doesn't want to put 83 year old John Sterling, 75 year old Susan Waldman and 61 year old Michael Kay in danger.
This assumes that unvaccinated spread Corona more than vaxxed do. Theres no evidence for this assumption. Let Paul back.

Food for thought, or maybe not. Yanks have played 29 games. They have seven pitchers who already have appeared in 10 games or more. King is right behind with nine appearances. Pro rate that over a whole season and you're going to have a number of pitchers who have appeared in a lot of games. I realize some of this can be attributable to a limited spring training, but I fear tired arms down the stretch.

This assumes that unvaccinated spread Corona more than vaxxed do. Theres no evidence for this assumption. Let Paul back.
There is no evidence against it either. Plus unvaccinated are more likely to catch the virus. So he does carry more risk.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
^^^^ A million Americans dead from this plague and we're still getting nonsense from the dunderheads in this country.

Gotta love hanging sliders to your slugger!
Severino hung one too....to Espinal. The difference is Espinal hit his off the top of the wall in left....a ball that Hicks should have caught BTW.
Judge's went into the second deck in left.

Food for thought, or maybe not. Yanks have played 29 games. They have seven pitchers who already have appeared in 10 games or more. King is right behind with nine appearances. Pro rate that over a whole season and you're going to have a number of pitchers who have appeared in a lot of games. I realize some of this can be attributable to a limited spring training, but I fear tired arms down the stretch.

There's currently over 175 pitchers with 10 or more appearances. That's an average of almost 6 per team. I would chalk most of this up to the limited spring training. While the Yanks are currently above that average they have some reinforcement flex options on the 40 man roster. Gil and Schmidt are currently both stashed in the minors and German who is currently on the DL is throwing bullpen sessions readying for a return. This also does not include any trade-deadline moves.

Last edited:
There's currently over 175 pitchers with 10 or more appearances. That's an average of almost 5 per team. I would chalk most of this up to the limited spring training. While the Yanks are currently above that average they have some reinforcement flex options on the 40 man roster. Gil and Schmidt are currently both stashed in the minors and German who is currently on the DL is throwing bullpen sessions readying for a return. This also does not include any trade-deadline moves.
The number of pitchers with 10 or more appearances is close to normal for many teams. Where is a little more concern is that on a quick glance, the number of relief innings per game pitched. Yankees are near the top part of that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT