ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think they could have done a better job at replacing Sanchez.
Teams know this and use it to get us to overspend with prospects. The actual catchers who hit free agency are all flawed in someway. It's better to have a above average defensive catcher than one who can't catch but hits .240 which is the current league average for batting.

The Yankees have lost a single digit amount of games so far this year. I'm pretty sure their offseason plan is working out just fine.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Teams know this and use it to get us to overspend with prospects. The actual catchers who hit free agency are all flawed in someway. It's better to have a above average defensive catcher than one who can't catch but hits .240 which is the current league average for batting.

The Yankees have lost a single digit amount of games so far this year. I'm pretty sure their offseason plan is working out just fine.
Dump Gallo. He looked like Canseco in left yesterday.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Dump Gallo. He looked like Canseco in left yesterday.
I don't care if you dump Gallo. I'd rather trade him for some kind of prospect or stuff him as a power bat off the bench. He'll be gone at the end of the year no matter what.

Reactions: MitchLL
There were Yankee fans actually defending that trade last year. 😳
I remember how much you wanted Jake Arrieta when he signed with the Phillies. Then he was a sub .500 pitcher for them for 3 years and hurt all the time.

My point, nobody's perfect when it comes to evaluating players for the Yankees.

I don't care if you dump Gallo. I'd rather trade him for some kind of prospect or stuff him as a power bat off the bench. He'll be gone at the end of the year no matter what.
Trade Gallo for:

images

I remember how much you wanted Jake Arrieta when he signed with the Phillies. Then he was a sub .500 pitcher for them for 3 years and hurt all the time.

My point, nobody's perfect when it comes to evaluating players for the Yankees.
I didn't want Jake. I was thrilled the Phillies got him so I could I see him live. But it was a bad contract.
At least with Arrieta the Phillies covered a need. They were desperate for pitching. The Yankees didn't need a strike out, low average king. They had plenty of those already. His defense is waaay over-rated

Brett Gardner missing out on a great season. What's he doing right now ?
Or maybe resign Cameron Maybin.
Team is really weak in left and centerfield.

Brett Gardner missing out on a great season. What's he doing right now ?
Or maybe resign Cameron Maybin.
Team is really weak in left and centerfield.
Gardner has turned down other offers because he wants to come back to the Yanks. I'm guessing Cashman who is not pulling the trigger.

While watching the game last night and listening to the new Yankees broadcaster Carlos Beltran I couldn't help but wonder what his reaction is gonna be on June 23rd when the cheating Astros visit the Bronx and Yankees fans give them their well-deserved greeting..."CHEATERS".

Maybin was ripping hicks last night. At bat & in the field. Gallo looks like NY isn’t the place for him, looks brutal. Rizzo had good start same as last year he’s looking lost

Question for you guys- so far, it has been an incredible start and you have your star players playing at MVP levels. But how do you all feel about your depth if you were to lose one of your regulars for any significant time? It seems to be a huge drop-off when it comes to the bench players. Who do you trust the most off the bench and is this a concern that you think should be addressed with a trade at the deadline.

When did NY and the Yankees get so soft? Can’t believe the game is cancelled tonight. Was supposed to be there but we are still going to Billy’s now.

Complete nonsense and garbage from the White Sox. Yanks better support JD and tell Anderson to go jump off a bridge.
If you read that article, it talks about the time he did a bat flip and the pitcher drilled him in the ass in the next at bat. He called the white pitcher the N word. I don't care that he called him that, but he's full of it if he can dish out and not take it.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Anderson has issues. And if this has been a fun interaction between the two of them for a couple of years, then it isn't fair to Donaldson. Now, let's say Anderson asked him to stop after the first time he called him that in the game and Donaldson continued, well, it may not be racist but it would show that Donaldson isn't all that smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT