ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Just $250k for MVP, $250k for World Series MVP
The exact wording is "The sides agreed to a $19 million deal plus incentives, and Judge can earn and extra $250,000 for winning MVP and another $250,000 for taking home the World Series MVP." Which to me means there are other incentives not just the two MVP awards.

If your going to give him 8 you might as well give him 10. By year 5 the salaries will make his look like a bargain.
Only if you front load the money into his prime earning years. A 40 year old Judge earning 36 million is insane.

In 10 years 36 mil might be upper middle payday. Trouts getting more than that now at 30 so what will 2032 version of 30 yr old trout get

I know you guys don't care about the actual numbers he's talking about, but giving Judge what he wants 10 years, 360 million is borderline insane. We know that Hal is not going to be like the Dodgers and constantly go over the cap, even though they clearly can afford it. The big question is, how many good years can you get out of Judge before he starts to decline? Throw him in CF and that probably reduces his longevity. I can't imagine how much you guys would be screaming 8 years from now when 1/7th of the Yankee payroll is being taken up by 1 guy who can't produce.

I would give him 7 or 8 years at whatever money value he wants. The years need to be kept under control.
I've been and most of us were talking just about the $21 million for this year. Not his long term contract.

If I were the Yanks- I would be ok with 8/300
Well you aren't the Yanks and you're a Mets fan. Who gives a rats ass about your opinion. I know why you come over here. Mets fans think you are an idiot too and don't like you on that thread too. Go back to the Mets thread!

Reactions: Kbee3
The exact wording is "The sides agreed to a $19 million deal plus incentives, and Judge can earn and extra $250,000 for winning MVP and another $250,000 for taking home the World Series MVP." Which to me means there are other incentives not just the two MVP awards.
Who's exact wording?? Yankees?
NY Post
"The sides agreed to a one-year, $19 million contract, sources confirmed to ESPN. Judge can make an additional $250,000 by winning an MVP Award and $250,000 for World Series MVP, according to multiple reports confirmed by ESPN."
I haven't seen another source quoting additional incentives.
Poor grammer by your quote. A comma then and?? Take out the "and" they are describing the incentives

Who's exact wording?? Yankees?
NY Post
"The sides agreed to a one-year, $19 million contract, sources confirmed to ESPN. Judge can make an additional $250,000 by winning an MVP Award and $250,000 for World Series MVP, according to multiple reports confirmed by ESPN."
I haven't seen another source quoting additional incentives.
Poor grammer by your quote. A comma then and?? Take out the "and" they are describing the incentives
I copied that quote directly from the NY Post article earlier today.

Well you aren't the Yanks and you're a Mets fan. Who gives a rats ass about your opinion. I know why you come over here. Mets fans think you are an idiot too and don't like you on that thread too. Go back to the Mets thread!
Is this how you live your life?
Let’s recap- people have liked you because you really are a Rutgers fan and have supported them forever, great tail gates and a wonderful dog owner.
Those are the qualities we all love. But fans on this Yankees thread don’t like you, fans on the Mets thread don’t like you and fans on the Rutgers thread put up with because we do know you are a fan.
Kbee and I go after each other but I know it is banter- no other Yankee fan or even Philly fan have a problem I like to talk baseball. I will at times do a “tailgate” type barb but most of the time just talk baseball. You are really the only person that has an issue and you have issues with 99% of everyone. Think about that or it make go over you small mind. The Met’s fan that say something- do not dislike me but ask why I even bother. And my answer is that EB does not represent Yankee fans or board members.
go selll someone a six pack and enjoy.
is there anything I said that upsets other Yankee fans? I have actually been on your side.
Btw- I have been agreeing with you, you mental midget.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Is this how you live your life?
Let’s recap- people have liked you because you really are a Rutgers fan and have supported them forever, great tail gates and a wonderful dog owner.
Those are the qualities we all love. But fans on this Yankees thread don’t like you, fans on the Mets thread don’t like you and fans on the Rutgers thread put up with because we do know you are a fan.
Kbee and I go after each other but I know it is banter- no other Yankee fan or even Philly fan have a problem I like to talk baseball. I will at times do a “tailgate” type barb but most of the time just talk baseball. You are really the only person that has an issue and you have issues with 99% of everyone. Think about that or it make go over you small mind. The Met’s fan that say something- do not dislike me but ask why I even bother. And my answer is that EB does not represent Yankee fans or board members.
go selll someone a six pack and enjoy.
is there anything I said that upsets other Yankee fans? I have actually been on your side.
Btw- I have been agreeing with you, you mental midget.
Aren't you the asshole who said hiding on the Mets thread I couldn't bitch slap anyone? You and 2008 are the biggest crybabies on the the planet if we post on the Mets thread. Yet the two of you come and visit the "deadzone" and giggle like 3rd graders with the dumbest comments on Yankees fans. You are a fraud. A troll!
No you haven't agreed with me at all. I never said they should add 20/30 million or give him the C and CF. Where did you come up with crap??
Go talk to your mental Mets fan. You are not welcome here.
I have have a problem with you because you are a two face liar. Come on here and try to talk crap. Then go back to the Mets thread and mock all Yankees fans.

Aren't you the asshole who said hiding on the Mets thread I couldn't bitch slap anyone? You and 2008 are the biggest crybabies on the the planet if we post on the Mets thread. Yet the two of you come and visit the "deadzone" and giggle like 3rd graders with the dumbest comments on Yankees fans. You are a fraud. A troll!
No you haven't agreed with me at all. I never said they should add 20/30 million or give him the C and CF. Where did you come up with crap??
Go talk to your mental Mets fan. You are not welcome here.
I have have a problem with you because you are a two face liar. Come on here and try to talk crap. Then go back to the Mets thread and mock all Yankees fans.
You really do live in your own world. Most in this board realize I am just talking baseball. And yes, a time or two with barbs but in a very friendly sense.
even kbee would most likely agree. You are just a weird person.
even with Judge- I am 100% as a baseball fan, hoping he has his entire HOF career here as a Yankee. It would be good for baseball. And yes, on the other side- if the Mets signed him and he hit 40 HRs 5 of the 8 years, of course I would love that too. You really are an idiot

Reactions: RUfinally2008
On a side note...Donaldson is getting a bit annoying.

Didn't realize he's such a little bitch with the constant confrontations he's having.

His numbers aren't exactly eye popping.

What dumb network was that on last night? Verlander pitching and can't watch it.

Yankees no hit this afternoon.
BTW, with special games broadcast on Amazon Prime, Apple, and Peacock, with half-screen commercials now showing while the game is going on, can the Yanks possibly find the money to pay their best player ?

Yankees no hit this afternoon.
BTW, with special games broadcast on Amazon Prime, Apple, and Peacock, with half-screen commercials now showing while the game is going on, can the Yanks possibly find the money to pay their best player ?
Man you got that shi right. He is in a slight
slump and it shows. Stop F....ing with the guy
and pay up.

Part of me says tip your cap since the pitcher was in his game, but they freaking didn't change their approach and racked up 15 Ks. If the opponents are giving you the left side of the infield, lay down a bunt.

Part of me says tip your cap since the pitcher was in his game, but they freaking didn't change their approach and racked up 15 Ks. If the opponents are giving you the left side of the infield, lay down a bunt.
So true.
BTW, will someone please tell me why they keep running Gallo out there ? They don't have anyone in the minors that can be as productive as he has been since he got here ?

15 fvcking KOs.

That's unacceptable.
Just one of those games...Yanks have not been striking out much this year at all. Move on to the next. On the really good note, Cole is pitching on fire right now.

Yanks have been winning but not hitting. Last 5-6games they average abt 5 hits per game. Judge only one hitting for average.

Reactions: GSGS
Nestor tries to right the ship this afternoon.

Yankees batting averages:
Judge .295
Trevino .277
Kiner-Falefa .265
LeMahieu .260
Torres .253
Stanton .242
Donaldson .230
Hicks .227
Rizzo .223
Gallo .173
Higashioka .171

League average is .235

Pitching, on the other hand, is doing very well.
220 runs allowed is the fewest this season in MLB.
Also, the fewest any Yankees team in history has allowed after 72 games.
And we all know that pitching is key.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Wow. What a catch by Rizzo! It's a short list of 1st baseman that can make that play.

I'm begining to wonder if any team has been no-hit in back-to-back games.
And why anyone would throw a first-pitch strike to Altuve.

So....9-4. Not too shabby. :WooHoo:
Great start kind of limped home. I hate Houston. A lot!! We are going to have to face them in the playoffs. They need to figure out that pitching. They will be the other first round bye. That division sucks. The can rest the whole season long and win that division going away.

Nasty Nestor needs a break. He looks gassed already. They need to find him more rest along the way. Hopefully German can help with that.

Two catchers interference calls in the same half inning. Can’t recall seeing that before.

Two catchers interference calls in the same half inning. Can’t recall seeing that before.
How about Gallo we are way behind He gets up makes an out we score a bunch of runs he gets up again makes his 2nd out in the inning and stops the rally. WTF is Boone doing?

How about Gallo we are way behind He gets up makes an out we score a bunch of runs he gets up again makes his 2nd out in the inning and stops the rally. WTF is Boone doing?
Can’t trade him now - who would want him. Gotta let him show something so they can trade him? I don’t know the answer but right now he’s automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT