ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 Philadelphia Phillies Season And Post Season Thread

So Phils get back David Robinson from the Cubs. (I guess he's not done stealing money from the Phils yet) and a highly rated underperforming OF - Brandon Marsh.

Maybe they can fix the young OF's bat - he cost them O'Hoppe - a highly rated prospect.

Odubel DFA-ed
And finally The Met's undercover agent Familia is also DFA-ed.

Gonna miss the colorful half retarded Odubel a teeny bit.
Will NOT miss Familia ever.

Also signed a AAA pitcher off the junk pile.

They really need a SP. Maybe take a chance a just drag one of the two top SPs from the minors and throw them to the fire on the big club? I know baseball doesn't do that anymore but maybe it can still work with the right kid.

Last edited:
Phils added Syndergaard at the deadline for Mickey Moniak and an old bat or two.

Bye Mick - won't miss being disappointed by how it was working out.

Sucks the Phils have the 1 of 1 draft pick and Moniak was the best available that year. Tough for both the team and the player.

Latest rumor is the Phils trying to sign Strawberry and Gooden.

Phils added Syndergaard at the deadline for Mickey Moniak and an old bat or two.

Bye Mick - won't miss being disappointed by how it was working out.

Sucks the Phils have the 1 of 1 draft pick and Moniak was the best available that year. Tough for both the team and the player.

Latest rumor is the Phils trying to sign Strawberry and Gooden.
Gooden is shot, Darryl could still clear the fence .... running away from the cops or at home plate.
Moniak looked like he finally was going to be that guy everyone thought he'd be in spring training then got hurt and back to a mystery.

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
Robertson has a longshot chance to do something that only one pitcher has done:Beat a team during the season,then get traded to them that same season and win a game in the World Series.That player was Joe Blanton 2008.

Robertson has a longshot chance to do something that only one pitcher has done:Beat a team during the season,then get traded to them that same season and win a game in the World Series.That player was Joe Blanton 2008.

He should play for the Phils for free. He stole money from the Phils last time.

Loved Heavy B.

Replacing Mike Trout in center field this afternoon:Mickey Moniak.

Didi released.A fine human being has likely reached the end of his baseball life.

Last edited:
Replacing Mike Trout in center field this afternoon:Mickey Moniak.

Didi released.A fine human being has likely reached the end of his baseball life.

So that means Trout is available for trade!!!!! LOL

Yeah - Didi sure looks like he might be done. Watch him catch on with a contender and win a WS.

So I figure Stott at SS for the remainder of the year and the Phils in big for a FA SS next year moving Stott to 2B and they let Segura walk.

Interesting. I rooted for the Braves against the Astros in the Series -- hell, I'd root for any team against the Astros. I admire the Braves' and the Dodgers' ability to build winners year in and year out. It's incredible to me how well the Braves did with their trades at the deadline last year.
and also amazing that the Braves really fleeced a couple of their young stars to sign such crappy contracts a couple of years back.

and also amazing that the Braves really fleeced a couple of their young stars to sign such crappy contracts a couple of years back.
Maybe it's like Freddie Freeman -- players really want to play in Atlanta. Freeman made more money signing with the Dodgers, but it's clear he regrets it. I have no idea why players would want to be in Atlanta -- the climate is terrible, even at night, and fan support isn't really that wonderful considering how good the team has been over the years.

You guys have a lot of chances to make up ground on the Braves in the later part of the season. I would assume that as much as it may suck- you all have to actually be hoping the Met's can take at least 4 in this current series against them. I believe you are 5 back in the loss column on them- which they are also 5 back in the loss column against the Mets'. There could be a chance to be only a couple games away from them by end of the weekend.
Will be interesting to see how Thor does for you guys. He is a completely different pitcher now- Not so much a strikeout guy anymore

Maybe it's like Freddie Freeman -- players really want to play in Atlanta. Freeman made more money signing with the Dodgers, but it's clear he regrets it. I have no idea why players would want to be in Atlanta -- the climate is terrible, even at night, and fan support isn't really that wonderful considering how good the team has been over the years.
The whole Freeman story is a bit strange. Nothing really sounded right about it.

But, I am not sure about loving the Braves or Atl so much for a guy like Freeman but there are a lot of guys that actually would prefer the legacy of playing their whole career for one team. The other guys that signed the crappy deals- didn't make much sense- both very young and you don't just throw money away because you like a city. Both could have easily gotten at least $5 mil more per year.

I think players like playing in Atlanta because there is no pressure. It is a very bad sports town.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
An interesting item popped up today on Citizens Free Press:An unsealed court document revealed that JUNIOR had no scientific basis to prohibit travel for unvaccinated Canadians.

If the Phillies lose the wild card by one or two games,it will be on JUNIOR.

I think players like playing in Atlanta because there is no pressure. It is a very bad sports town.
It's a great college football town -- people care a lot about Georgia and Georgia Tech. You're right that it's not that good a pro sports town. (Kind of the opposite of NYC, don't you think?) But you may remember David Justice complaining during the 1995 World Series about the pressure in the city to win. Of course, that may be because the Braves had come up short so often.

Reactions: TM94goRU
An interesting item popped up today on Citizens Free Press:An unsealed court document revealed that JUNIOR had no scientific basis to prohibit travel for unvaccinated Canadians.

If the Phillies lose the wild card by one or two games,it will be on JUNIOR.
One of the interesting things about the travel to canada with the baseball players is that I am traveling to Canada next week and they require that you are Vaccinated OR have been tested within 72 hours of crossing. Really don't understand why all the sports leagues just make up their own rules

First off Freeman did not make a lot more money going to the Dodgers. In fact Atlanta offered $28 million for 5 years. Dodgers paid $23.6 for 6 year. Freddie wanted to return home to LA. He didn't go for the money.

First off Freeman did not make a lot more money going to the Dodgers. In fact Atlanta offered $28 million for 5 years. Dodgers paid $23.6 for 6 year. Freddie wanted to return home to LA. He didn't go for the money.
I also think that story about his agent was BS. Either made up by another agent or someone in the Braves organization.
100% can’t believe an established agent would ever withhold an offer from a player. That is as career threatening as a lawyer withholding an offer to their client.
I mean, complete career suicide.

though, I have to say I am glad he isn’t on the Braves. Olsen has been pretty good but can’t sniff Freeman’s underwear

You're right -- thanks! If I remember the sequence right, Freeman turned down Atlanta's offer; then Atlanta traded for Olsen and said to Freeman, "we're not interested in you any more." and then Freeman had to get what he could get. (Keep in mind also that he has to pay California state income taxes, not Georgia's!)

You're right -- thanks! If I remember the sequence right, Freeman turned down Atlanta's offer; then Atlanta traded for Olsen and said to Freeman, "we're not interested in you any more." and then Freeman had to get what he could get. (Keep in mind also that he has to pay California state income taxes, not Georgia's!)
Correct- Olsen trade happened before Freeman signed with the Dodgers which makes the Agent story even a little more fishy...

I also loved how so many Brave fans tried to say that they thought they were going to be better off. And as good as Olsen has been- 35 doubles/21 HR .820 OPS- he is not in the same ballpark as Freeman who is having another top 5 in MVP voting type of season and a .920+ ops

It's a great college football town -- people care a lot about Georgia and Georgia Tech. You're right that it's not that good a pro sports town. (Kind of the opposite of NYC, don't you think?) But you may remember David Justice complaining during the 1995 World Series about the pressure in the city to win. Of course, that may be because the Braves had come up short so often.
Most Definitely. Much more of a college town. They have lost 2 NHL Franchises, and have come close to losing other franchises.

When players give off the I 💘 playing here vibe, it is usually because they see they have leeway. In the Northeast it is exactly opposite.

So that means Trout is available for trade!!!!! LOL

Yeah - Didi sure looks like he might be done. Watch him catch on with a contender and win a WS.

So I figure Stott at SS for the remainder of the year and the Phils in big for a FA SS next year moving Stott to 2B and they let Segura walk.
I think we’re going hard after Trea Turner. Harper said on last night’s broadcast that he’s his favorite player in MLB right now.

I think we’re going hard after Trea Turner. Harper said on last night’s broadcast that he’s his favorite player in MLB right now.

I hope so. I couldn't remember his name but that's they guy I was thinking of.

I hope so. I couldn't remember his name but that's they guy I was thinking of.
Turner would be your 2nd best signing of the decade- Harper will always be the number 1 and I put Wheeler ahead of Realmuto but Turner- he is a major talent in all aspects of the game. You empty the bank for him

The Phillies will be visiting Citi Field next week.
They're 1-5 on the season there.
The winning pitcher in that game,James Norwood,a NYC native,is no longer in organized baseball.
Maybe middle inning relievers are the key to beating them there.
Atlanta is doing so tonight.

The Phillies will be visiting Citi Field next week.
They're 1-5 on the season there.
The winning pitcher in that game,James Norwood,a NYC native,is no longer in organized baseball.
Maybe middle inning relievers are the key to beating them there.
Atlanta is doing so tonight.

The Phils are comin to NY and bringing a giant size barrel of ass kicking with them.

the picture quality is so damn good on the apple tv games, but absolutely infuriating that you cant rewind during the game
I noticed that when the Mets were on Apple TV- the picture quality is the best I have ever seen. Announcers and some other things, not so much.

Can you skip commercials? I just can't watch commercials anymore.
Watching games on MLB's Extra Innings and getting this silent screen is a beautiful thing...
Svcg_Jtnx_uIaw_eP6KxNZwwDyx2TFxMMZhUc7Zdnbg.jpg

Reactions: TM94goRU
ADVERTISEMENT