ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 Philadelphia Phillies Season And Post Season Thread

we’ve never seemed to care about Defense so might as well make the best offensive team we can at this point
yea, at this point just take the Bill Murray in Space Jam approach

F2q6XG.gif

Reactions: RutgersK1d
LOL. Matt Kroon goes deep with one on to tie it in the 7th!

WHO??!!

I do have to ask- is management of this team making baseball moves or fantasy baseball moves? It just seems that you guys are spending money and signing guys that do not really help the "team"
I do want my guys to beat you but there just doesn't seem to be a real smart plan here.

Reactions: RUScrew85
I do have to ask- is management of this team making baseball moves or fantasy baseball moves? It just seems that you guys are spending money and signing guys that do not really help the "team"
I do want my guys to beat you but there just doesn't seem to be a real smart plan here.

Incompetent owner tired of bad press due to his refusal to spend over Lux Tax for years finally decides to spend over the cap for appearance sake. Incompetent "baseball men", hired by incompetent owner, spend in strange uncoordinated frenzy for appearance sake.

Probably just that simple.

Should make for entertaining baseball I guess.

Incompetent owner tired of bad press due to his refusal to spend over Lux Tax for years finally decides to spend over the cap for appearance sake. Incompetent "baseball men", hired by incompetent owner, spend in strange uncoordinated frenzy for appearance sake.

Probably just that simple.

Should make for entertaining baseball I guess.
It's crazy- it is just weird to watch the team spend big bucks but have no baseball reason for doing so. Phils may even find a way to a good year but you will be paying for it for a long time

These guys can really hit. But my goodness, this might be the worst defensive team ever. Is JT the only plus defender?

It's crazy- it is just weird to watch the team spend big bucks but have no baseball reason for doing so. Phils may even find a way to a good year but you will be paying for it for a long time

Never attribute to weird when incompetence is also a possible answer.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
These guys can really hit. But my goodness, this might be the worst defensive team ever. Is JT the only plus defender?

Segura is above average. The rest, LOL, six DHs. Bohm, Hoskins, DiDi, Schwarber, Harper, Odubel, Heck JT is too just due to being a C and his age.

Well they signed Castellanos 5/$100M.

LOL. DH number 7.

Well, Let's PLAY BALL!

Yea I’d imagine he’s the new DH and Schwarber goes to left. Platoon cf with Vierling and Herrera.

An underrated negative effect of all these signings...JT won't be able to DH as much as we'd like. Wouldn't it be great to DH him on a Sunday in the summer after a night game catching 9 innings? Can't really do that now.

An underrated negative effect of all these signings...JT won't be able to DH as much as we'd like. Wouldn't it be great to DH him on a Sunday in the summer after a night game catching 9 innings? Can't really do that now.
He won’t need to DH too often. They’ll throw him at 1B

I guess that's true. But then you lose Hoskins' bat.
Essentially they’re just going to rotate the DH and whoever is tired or needs a break will be slotted in there. I can’t foresee them only DH’ing Big Stick Nick full time and not utilizing the DH slot as a way for guys to rest.

Whichever route they go with the DH, we finally have a ton of firepower that no pitching staff will be able to pitch around. Our lack of a bullpen continues to be a huge problem but the upper management must be thinking that they can outscore anyone and if they need pieces at the trade deadline they can address it at that time.

Essentially they’re just going to rotate the DH and whoever is tired or needs a break will be slotted in there. I can’t foresee them only DH’ing Big Stick Nick full time and not utilizing the DH slot as a way for guys to rest.
Of course they'd like to do that. My point was that with Castellanos and Schwarber, that becomes much more dificult. You really don't want either of those bats out of the lineup.

Reactions: RutgersK1d
Of course they'd like to do that. My point was that with Castellanos and Schwarber, that becomes much more dificult. You really don't want either of those bats out of the lineup.
Yes I totally agree and I don’t think they will leave them out of the lineup unless everyone is tired and needs a break all at once, which really should never happen.

Its going to be a rat race in the NL East, between the Braves, Mets and Phillies. With them beating each other up, I'm not sure a Wild Card team comes out of this division.

Looks like Adam Haseley traded to the White Sox. Well at least he'll get a chance there. I hope.

In other OF news. Talk is Moniak might have the inside track on CF due to his recent hitting. Vierling 4th OF? Oduble to DL?

Moniak finally made it, huh? Feels like he was declared a bust 5 years ago.

I think we're a long way from "Made it". But he's hitting now and don't really have a real CF. Would be amazing if he turned out to be half as good as a "first pick in the draft" is supposed to be.

DeGrom out for a month minimum and Scherzer having hammy issues.

Niiiiiice.

Moniak launches another one

I know it is only spring training competition, but he looks bigger and is swinging better than we have seen from him in the past. Maybe Long unlocked something in his swing. If he gives the Phils anything on the strong-side of that CF platoon, it'll be more than I expected coming into this year

Moniak launches another one

I know it is only spring training competition, but he looks bigger and is swinging better than we have seen from him in the past. Maybe Long unlocked something in his swing. If he gives the Phils anything on the strong-side of that CF platoon, it'll be more than I expected coming into this year

Interviewing him during the broadcast he says he moved closer to the plate and a couple of other changes that freed up his swing. It would be amazing if we got 15-20 HRs and .250 and a decent CF from the kid. He was headed to the scrap heap six weeks ago.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: SouthJerseyRU
ADVERTISEMENT