ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 Philadelphia Phillies Season And Post Season Thread

Didn't want your thread to fall further than The Dead Zone when things start going bad again. 😁 I wonder if this will come back to bite me in the ass after these next 4 games. I could easily flip out this cartoon and make it about the Mets.
280150259_2029758647205051_2193828346460126791_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
Didn't want your thread to fall further than The Dead Zone when things start going bad again. 😁 I wonder if this will come back to bite me in the ass after these next 4 games. I could easily flip out this cartoon and make it about the Mets.
280150259_2029758647205051_2193828346460126791_n.jpg
Except, that with our fanbase(Mets) we would be 20 games out and blaming it on Cano..,lol

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Philly teams all stink now.

Wasn’t too long ago that all 4 teams were title contenders
Flyers are the only truly garbage team out of the bunch. Sixers in the playoffs but going to lose do to a elbow to the eye socket of their best player. Eagles made the playoffs last year, and by all accounts had a pretty good draft weekend. Phillies are the Phillies will hover around .500 and at some point make a run to get our hopes up but then will miss the playoffs by 2 games.

Reactions: miketd1
Flyers are the only truly garbage team out of the bunch. Sixers in the playoffs but going to lose do to a elbow to the eye socket of their best player. Eagles made the playoffs last year, and by all accounts had a pretty good draft weekend. Phillies are the Phillies will hover around .500 and at some point make a run to get our hopes up but then will miss the playoffs by 2 games.
I don’t follow the nba but saw a picture online of the Sixers. What did they do on their uniform, why all those colors?

I don’t follow the nba but saw a picture online of the Sixers. What did they do on their uniform, why all those colors?

I think you are talking about their "Spectrum" uniforms, which are an homage to the old Spectrum that was the indoor arena in Philly from the late 60s to the mid 90s.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I think you are talking about their "Spectrum" uniforms, which are an homage to the old Spectrum that was the indoor arena in Philly from the late 60s to the mid 90s.

Oh.

Girardi's classic "don't overwork the bullpen" strategy works again.
They'll be well-rested for the playoffs.
My sympathies to Phillies fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry_2426
Last 2 games the Phils blow leads of 4 and 2 runs in the 8th and 9th innings, but somehow win both.

Welcome to the 2022 Phillies.

Last 2 games the Phils blow leads of 4 and 2 runs in the 8th and 9th innings, but somehow win both.

Welcome to the 2022 Phillies.

Well it's better than the 21 Phils who would have lost them both.

That O is cookin despite Casty and JT not really hitting - hell Schwarber isn't hitting his weight either but we can overlook that.

Tell you the truth. I'm starting to think the manager decisions are hurting this team more than the play.

Totally not impressed with Girardi. Nice guy seemingly but I don't like how he runs the bullpen.

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersK1d
Well it's better than the 21 Phils who would have lost them both.

That O is cookin despite Casty and JT not really hitting - hell Schwarber isn't hitting his weight either but we can overlook that.

Tell you the truth. I'm starting to think the manager decisions are hurting this team more than the play.

Totally not impressed with Girardi. Nice guy seemingly but I don't like how he runs the bullpen.
agreed, don't love Girardi either, but think the bullpen mismanagement is partially not his fault the pitchers he has at his disposal leave a lot to be desired.

agreed, don't love Girardi either, but think the bullpen mismanagement is partially not his fault the pitchers he has at his disposal leave a lot to be desired.

Yeah I guess. They have some arms in there - any meaningful innings given to Familia is a managerial mistake.

When is Harper supposed to be back on the field?
At least a month, probably more.

From this article: https://theathletic.com/3311048/2022/05/13/bryce-harper-ucl-tear-recovery-phillies/

Harper’s outlook for the remainder of the season depends on how small this tear truly is. If it is an intrasubstance tear, meaning there are very small tears within the confines of the ligament but the outer layers are preserved, then he should be able to avoid surgery and return to play in the field by the All-Star break. This type of tear, a grade 2 (according to the Inside Injuries algorithm — see the latest MLB injury mailbag for an explanation of the algorithm), comes with a six- to eight-week Optimal Recovery Time (ORT). ORT is the length of time for an injury to fully heal, not how much time an athlete will actually miss. A more significant tear is unlikely to fully heal on its own, so Harper could still be facing surgery and a lengthy recovery. Position players generally make a much quicker recovery from Tommy John surgery than pitchers, especially if the injury is to their non-throwing arm. It still takes nine to 12 months, though, for a throwing-arm injury, which is the case here. That means if Harper’s injury requires surgery and he waits to undergo it at the end of the season or in the offseason, it would impact him into 2023.

Unfortunately, history is not on Harper’s side here. While there is a chance he avoids surgery if this is a very small tear, a majority of players do end up needing Tommy John surgery. Being a position player helps, but damage to the UCL is tough to overcome with just rehab. Most position players return to form after surgery, so even if Harper has the Tommy John procedure, he should come back as an elite hitter. Harper could play well for now, but the likelihood of making his injury worse by continuing to play this season is high. If a follow-up MRI still shows damage to the UCL next month, the Phillies shouldn’t allow him to play in the field at all this season. Harper’s 13-year, $330 million deal runs through 2031, so the Phillies need to handle this injury carefully from the start to preserve their star slugger for years to come

Bottom line, if he wasn't Bryce Harper and just some average player, he most likely would have been shut down for the season and had surgery already.

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, West is the sixth former Phillies player to die of brain cancer over the last 20 years.

Phillies need to be examined for possible cancer cluster, doc says after David West’s death

Wheeler will be fine once his velocity goes up….if it goes up.

deGrom has caused less damage so far. 😎 Wheeler is now 0-3 with a 8.53 era.

Wheeler's back, from https://www.mlb.com/news/roman-quinn-s-99-9-mph-assist-sparks-phillies

Wheeler’s four-seam fastball velocity averaged 96.3 mph, up 0.5 mph from his season average. He got 20 swings and misses. The right-hander is 3-0 with a 1.38 ERA (five earned runs in 32 2/3 innings) in his last five starts, and he has struck out 40 and walked six in that stretch.

Also a great throw from Quinn in last night's game,

Pretty pathetic job by the Phillies not getting appropriate housing secured for any of their minor league teams. Having players in their farm system living like this doesn't exactly give their young guys proper accomodations to succeed compared to their counterparts with the other 29 teams in baseball:

"Phillies Hotel Plan"
  • Two players must share a standard room with two queen beds at a designated team hotel. Only the Allentown hotel has suites with a kitchenette.
  • In Reading, players must check out of the hotel after a homestand, check back in upon returning from a road trip, and therefore take all their belongings with them on the road.
  • Visiting spouses or significant others, children, and other guests aren’t permitted to stay overnight.
  • Players may opt out of the plan and secure alternative housing, but at their own expense and only if they were drafted before 2020 and have spent at least two full seasons in the minors.

Reactions: SouthJerseyRU
OMG I hate them more. And Familia is just horrible. Doesn't cover 1st on a ground ball to first in the top of 10. Then drops the throw allowing the run to score from second. What a POS.

• Haha
Reactions: yesrutgers01
Now Hoskins O'le's a ball to first. Does no one get in front of a grounder to keep it in the IF with a runner in scoring position any more?

Christ. IFers just take a swipe, miss and the hitter gets a hit from the Scorer.

My blood press..ss.... ..rrrr.... ure.... gah... anyone smell toast?

Now Hoskins O'le's a ball to first. Does no one get in front of a grounder to keep it in the IF with a runner in scoring position any more?

Christ. IFers just take a swipe, miss and the hitter gets a hit from the Scorer.

My blood press..ss.... ..rrrr.... ure.... gah... anyone smell toast?
you do know- you called it before the season started...this defense may be the worst I have ever seen. If you are not scoring 6-7 runs a game, it is not going to be good...
Does your management try to add Nelson Cruz at the trade deadline? lol

you do know- you called it before the season started...this defense may be the worst I have ever seen. If you are not scoring 6-7 runs a game, it is not going to be good...
Does your management try to add Nelson Cruz at the trade deadline? lol

I think they should:

Fire Girardi last week.

If no immediate turnaround with a manager change:

By the Trade Deadline, trade Hoskins, DD, Segura, Realmuto for prospects. Maybe Nola too.
IIRC they can't trade a newly signed FA. If they can also trade Casty and Schwarber.

Off topic: Why is a semi-fat guy hitting .188 batting leadoff?

Tell Harper, "Sorry we're too stupid to build that competitive team we promised - where would you approve a trade?"

Then sell the team because MIddleton isn't able to build a successful franchise - and maybe the next guy can.
Let the next guy hire a real front office to build around the new set of prospects they just traded for.

^@%@$#^$&*&@^%@!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT