ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official Mets Hot Stove Talk

I have no issue with taking a cheap flyer on Gonzalez.
I am warming up to this signing. I was opposed because with a four man bench, you really can't allocate two roster spots to lefthand hitting first basemen who play no other position. However:
  • If the recent past is any indicator, the Mets will open the season with a 12 man pitching staff and then go to 13 at midseason. So that means a five man bench initially.
  • Conforto will most likely open the season on the DL, which frees up a spot.
So I'm OK with having both on the roster at first, and then sort things out later when the numbers get tight.

Mets finally announce Bruce signing. Presser Wednesday at 11. No formal announcement of A-gone yet.

Mets today announced that Tim Tebow will be invited to major league camp. Before anyone overreacts to this news one way or the other, keep in mind that some years ago they had Garth Brooks in major league camp.

Mets today announced that Tim Tebow will be invited to major league camp. Before anyone overreacts to this news one way or the other, keep in mind that some years ago they had Garth Brooks in major league camp.
Tebow may be the best pick-up for the Mets this off-season.

Tebow may be the best pick-up for the Mets this off-season.
Be prepared for a summer of Mets outplaying the Yankees.Everything broke bad for the Mets, and right for the Yankees. I don't expect that to be the case again this year. Time will tell of course, and the Yankees have ownership that will go out and do what it takes to rectify any situation, and the Mets don't. There lies the rub I guess.

One of the better moves the Mets have made. I never understood having your highest level so far away when you need to bring them up to the Show. Too bad it's still a year away.http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/2017/10/leaving_las_vegas_why_mets_bought_syracuse_chiefs.html
Mets didn't want to be in Las Vegas. Nobody does. But somebody's got to. 30 MLB teams, 30 AAA teams. The AAA teams are free to sign their own contracts with their major league affliates. Some years ago, the seats in the game of musical chairs filled up and the Mets were left with Vegas.

The way around that is to own your affiliate. Now somebody else will get stuck with Vegas. Agree - well done by Mets.

Mets didn't want to be in Las Vegas. Nobody does. But somebody's got to. 30 MLB teams, 30 AAA teams. The AAA teams are free to sign their own contracts with their major league affliates. Some years ago, the seats in the game of musical chairs filled up and the Mets were left with Vegas.

The way around that is to own your affiliate. Now somebody else will get stuck with Vegas. Agree - well done by Mets.
Looks like it will be
the Nats.

If you like Lucas Duda, you'll LOVE Adrian Gonzalez!

If you don't like Lucas Duda, hopefully you'll learn to like Adrian Gonzalez, because he's on his way. Another Wilponian move that makes perfect financial sense, but zero baseball sense IMHO.

https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/mets-agree-to-deal-with-adrian-gonzalez/c-264684246

Love "Wilponian." they ought to add that to the Dictionary:

"Wilponian - Prone to excessive penny-pinching combined with unfounded self-assurance that assures failure or mediocrity at best."

Reactions: redking
Jose, Jose, Jose! Per multiple reports, Reyes is back. One year, $2.5M.

If he is being signed as a utility guy and the big infield signing is yet to come, then bravo. We shall see.

BS Wiponian move as usual. Meanwhile the Milwaukee Brewers get Yelich and Cain...

THE F***ING MILWAUKEE BREWERS!!!!!!!

See you in 2019.

Jose, Jose, Jose! Per multiple reports, Reyes is back. One year, $2.5M.

If he is being signed as a utility guy and the big infield signing is yet to come, then bravo. We shall see.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Zak57
This Trenton Pork Roll thing may give the New York Mets a Wilponian idea and sell their daily night rights so that they can become:

MONDAY: New York Shake Shacks
WEDNESDAYS: Queens Old Dominion Movers
FRIDAYS: New York FED UPS

And so on...

Be prepared for a summer of Mets outplaying the Yankees.Everything broke bad for the Mets, and right for the Yankees. I don't expect that to be the case again this year. Time will tell of course, and the Yankees have ownership that will go out and do what it takes to rectify any situation, and the Mets don't. There lies the rub I guess.

Lol. Here we go again. Delusional.

One of the better moves the Mets have made is moving one of their minor league affiliates?? LOL. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. You make this too easy.

The bar isn't set that high for the Mets organization.

Reactions: RUhobbit
Of the top 100 minor league prospects the Mets have #94..That is a bad job.
That was the Baseball America list. Mlb.com just released its top 100 list, and Mets got shut out.

Meh. Stars don't matter. I'd rather have lower-rated prospects who WANT to play for us. We'll coach 'em up. No worries.[winking]

Last edited:
That was the Baseball America list. Mlb.com just released its top 100 list, and Mets got shut up.

Meh. Stars don't matter. I'd rather have lower-rated prospects who WANT to play for us. We'll coach 'em up. No worries.[winking]
Need the players to be from around here. Fence the Metropolitan area!

Reactions: RUinPAC10land
That was the Baseball America list. Mlb.com just released its top 100 list, and Mets got shut out.

Haha one of the more underrated posts.

ADVERTISEMENT