ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official Mets Hot Stove Talk

Meh....you say that every year.
Spring is a time of joy for fans whose teams have yet to stumble, whose sluggers are yet to strike out more than they homer, whose pitchers still have their arms intact. Everyone starts the season in first place. That's how I choose to see spring time baseball, and no blow hard like you will ever change that.

The Mets are run by people who don't care about winning, so they won't win. Pretty simple to me.

Reactions: Kbee3
Good one! They got healthier will doing nothing. What will happen when baseball starts up again?
As of now they are healthier than last year. That means something right now. With that said I am a realist and now that injuries always occur.

I predict a couple of major set backs for the Yankees this spring. Injuries and under performance run in cycles, and the Yankees are over due. I don't wish injury on any player,but it can't keep happening at the level it has for the Mets, and not for the Yankees. They had a few, as all teams do, and the Mets went out and got people that will change everything they do in the spring. Time will tell. LGM

My take on the Met's with how they are currently built. 2016 and 2017 were both out of the norm. They are built to be .500 or maybe just above .500
They shouldn't be as bad as last year and shouldn't make the WS either.
Their fate relies all on their pitching staff and how the other teams are playing.
I like that they brought Bruce back(great piece to have) but he is not a difference maker. I don't mind the contract they gave Reyes either but, they better not expect him to be more than a very good role player. Can Comforto come back? Does Flores take that step forward? Does Cespedes stay healthy and can he have a 35/110 season? And their pitchers...need to be healthy. This can be a 90 win team IF ALL of those things happen. Most likely, they don't all happen and we end up somewhere at the .500 mark. Any other ownership would have made at least one big move this off season but we are stuck with owners that seem to be happy at .500

Yes it is frustrating that the Mets will sign either Walker, Frazier, or Nunez - when we know that Moustakas is the best player in the group but is out of their price range.

My take on the Met's with how they are currently built. 2016 and 2017 were both out of the norm. They are built to be .500 or maybe just above .500
They shouldn't be as bad as last year and shouldn't make the WS either.
Their fate relies all on their pitching staff and how the other teams are playing.
I like that they brought Bruce back(great piece to have) but he is not a difference maker. I don't mind the contract they gave Reyes either but, they better not expect him to be more than a very good role player. Can Comforto come back? Does Flores take that step forward? Does Cespedes stay healthy and can he have a 35/110 season? And their pitchers...need to be healthy. This can be a 90 win team IF ALL of those things happen. Most likely, they don't all happen and we end up somewhere at the .500 mark. Any other ownership would have made at least one big move this off season but we are stuck with owners that seem to be happy at .500
Well said, and pretty much how I feel when reality sets in,lol.

Some already weird cats in this thread getting weirder and weirder as the thread progresses.

Wonder how soon they jump into the other one?

Another BS move by the Mets.
-Cabrera
-Reyes
-Bruce
-Gonzalez
-Frazier
- Platoon Plawecki and D'Arnaud
-Keep kissing David Wright's ass

Yeah... They're going to win it all this year, smh.

They will be fine. Wild card race in September is all we can hope for with these owners. Exciting summer of baseball in Flushing, with the Mets taking back the back page of the sports section.
oZX8J.gif

Another BS move by the Mets.
-Cabrera
-Reyes
-Bruce
-Gonzalez
-Frazier
- Platoon Plawecki and D'Arnaud
-Keep kissing David Wright's ass

Yeah... They're going to win it all this year, smh.
If David Wright really wanted to act like a team captain this season, he would ride off into the sunset. A very good player for the Mets, but he's being selfish at this point, enough already David!!!!!

Reactions: tico brown
If David Wright really wanted to act like a team captain this season, he would ride off into the sunset. A very good player for the Mets, but he's being selfish at this point, enough already David!!!!!

I'd be curious to know if the Met's have tried to come to a good agreement to buy him out and give him a great final sendoff. I would think the ball is in their court. Otherwise, what human on this planet just gives away 20 mil or so?

May as well try to get Granderson and Duda back too. Both real good guys in the clubhouse that will strikeout, hit HR's, be statues on the basepaths.

I feel like the team is a little better this year then they were last year. But just missing those type of players that will take an extra base, be a pain in the ass to a pitcher, get dirty and just make good baseball plays. Always needing a 3 run HR to win a game is a hard way to win consistantly and that is how this team is built once again. Even with the pitching staff healthy, the starters are going to have so many no decisions again it won't be funny.

But just missing those type of players that will take an extra base, be a pain in the ass to a pitcher, get dirty and just make good baseball plays.
That's a lot of buzz words that don't mean anything. Ultimately it comes down to health and I like what Callaway has said so far about his plans for spring training and preventing injuries.

That's a lot of buzz words that don't mean anything. Ultimately it comes down to health and I like what Callaway has said so far about his plans for spring training and preventing injuries.
Huh? Those are a bunch of buzz words that killed us against KC in the world series and took us out of a lot of games over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT