ADVERTISEMENT

OT: One heatwave ends, another begins, and a sneaky third probable

107913304_3205984399439255_2839736860702307136_n.jpg

Excessive Heat Watch already posted for Sunday through Tuesday. Looks like our heat begins on Saturday and will run at least through Tuesday and possibly beyond. Sunday and Monday look to be the peak of the heat.

This will be the 2nd heatwave of the season for most in NJ. I had 5 straight days of 90s (7 out of 8 days) the first week in July topping out at 97. We could approach or exceed those numbers on Sunday and Monday. I have 11 90 plus degree days this season in Belle Mead

Forecasted highs

Saturday: 94
Sunday: 96
Monday: 97
Tuesday: 93
Wednesday: 91
Thursday: 90

Enjoy fellas! Should be a great beach weekend with low tides.

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
351 AM EDT Fri Jul 17 2020

NJZ007>010-012-013-020-027-PAZ060>062-101-103-105-172100-
/O.CON.KPHI.EH.A.0001.200719T1600Z-200721T2200Z/
Warren-Morris-Hunterdon-Somerset-Middlesex-Western Monmouth-Ocean-
Southeastern Burlington-Berks-Lehigh-Northampton-Western Chester-
Western Montgomery-Upper Bucks-
Including the cities of Washington, Morristown, Flemington,
Somerville, New Brunswick, Freehold, Jackson,
Wharton State Forest, Reading, Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton,
Honey Brook, Oxford, Collegeville, Pottstown, Chalfont,
and Perkasie
351 AM EDT Fri Jul 17 2020

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Dangerously hot conditions with heat index values up to
108 possible.

* WHERE...Portions of central, northern, northwest and southern
New Jersey and east central and southeast Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...From Sunday afternoon through Tuesday afternoon.

* IMPACTS...Extreme heat and humidity will significantly
increase the potential for heat related illnesses,
particularly for those working or participating in outdoor
activities.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The exact temperatures and heat index
values will depend on the amount of cloud cover and coverage
of thunderstorms each day.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Monitor the latest forecasts and warnings for updates on this
situation. Be prepared to drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-
conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives
and neighbors.

Young children and pets should never be left unattended in
vehicles under any circumstances. This is especially true during
warm or hot weather when car interiors can reach lethal
temperatures in a matter of minutes.

&&

$$
Bac - Thanks for this outstanding weather information. I truly appreciate the value you bring to this board. You are the official TKR weatherman!

Keep it up!!! :ThumbsUp

love the heat, i am going to enjoy the next 6 days, you do you.

I am ...ripping on you! Those are just your own comments redirected back at ya.Silly then, silly now.

It's been hitting the mid to high 90s every week in July for me, nearly always at least low 90s.

It's summer; that's what happens. Nothing to see here.

Nope.. it is completely natural... and soooo progressive of him.

Why people follow around others just to annoy them... do they really what that says about THEM?

Meanwhile, my friends in Florida said "we laugh at 100 degrees"... of course they were lying... to a degree.
So they actually start laughing at 99?

Reactions: Greg2020 and fsg2
someone has been following me around on the other board... even to this board. Sorry if I read more into that than intended. I now see someone else took a similar angle to yours. My bad.
maybe it's little Peggy that's following you

I am so glad it has been pretty mild up here in Bergen Co. maybe once or twice broke 90 all summer and not much humidity. Been mostly a fairly gentle breeze too.
Interesting enough compared to the last few years up here when it has been how you guys are describing your weather. Always seemed to be windy enough 4 or 5 days a week where I would have to take umbrellas down or find them all over the lawn and in the pool and the relentless heat. But at least I had a pool...

Reactions: Jm0513
Really don't want to get off topic but the heat has led to more street violence typically in big cities

Could be a rough weekend in NYC, Philly, Baltimore and cities in the area.

I believe the COvid-19 is causing what we've been seeing the past month in regards to street violence.

I believe the COvid-19 is causing what we've been seeing the past month in regards to street violence.

Because people were on lock down for so long and have pent up angst?

Could be a part of it, but IMO, the biggest reason is criminals see a weaker police due to the defunding and neutering by some city politicians.
EX: de Blasio

They are settling old scores and beefs and also feel no threat of being arrested. Taking matters into their own hands on the streets.

I feel awful for the law abiding residents and business owners in these cities. It's just terrible.

Hopefully the heat wave doesnt spark more mayhem.

It's summer. Heat happens. Southern Florida and Arizona residents would laugh at 90s weather just like we laugh at North Carolina residents when they get a little bit of snow in the winter and they have no idea how to drive in it.

To be fair, during my six years in New Brunswick, the temp reached 100 maybe a half dozen times a year--and that was when we had all that pollution. Florida doesn't get 100 degree days. Actually found Florida's weather easier to take than Maryland's.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT