ADVERTISEMENT

OT: One heatwave ends, another begins, and a sneaky third probable

Help me understand why someone would make false claims about the ****ing weather/temperature in the state they live in??? What purpose does this serve??

Go easy on RUinFL. Whether he wants to admit FL gets to 100, he definitely did ... 78 years ago.

Reactions: Greg2020
109580846_3244858665557697_773650577488410406_o.jpg

So he is living in Florida and wrong about how hot it gets or does not get?
Florida is a big place.

It is all likely my mistake anyway as the quip from my friends in Florida.. outside DW park, referred to a discussion of "feels like" temps when it was mentioned that it will be over 100 here.

RUinFLA seems to be on the Atlantic, near the water. Could affect feels-like temps quite a bit compared to inland near Orlando. 90+ and high humidity and no ocean breeze is no joke no matter where you are.

Last edited:
Sunday will begin a 3 to 4 day stretch of dangerously hot conditions across the region. Monday is forecast to be the most oppressive, with heat index values up to 110°. Limit time outdoors during the hottest part of the day and drink plenty of water.

109314787_3442991445734229_9131434828563801707_n.png

Sunday will begin a 3 to 4 day stretch of dangerously hot conditions across the region. Monday is forecast to be the most oppressive, with heat index values up to 110°. Limit time outdoors during the hottest part of the day and drink plenty of water.

109314787_3442991445734229_9131434828563801707_n.png

Been in a pool all day, the best place to be

Could use a thunderstorm or two the next few days

Ahhhh the humidity there can be bad...here in SA we’ve had reverse heat indexes at times...where the temp was 102 but it felt like 97 (still hot) because the dew point was in the 40s or 50s...at 29 degrees latitude the intensity of the sunshine can be a tad much between noon and 4 pm...

Played 27 holes today and just finished a couple hours of yard work. 94 degrees wasn’t horrible today. I’d take this over teens temperatures in the winter all day.... unless we are on a ski/snowboard trip !

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
120 is hot. You guys are soft.

Sit in your sauna, it will be about 15 degrees cooler and still a 'dry' heat....

I'm checking my pool level now to see IF I need to add more water.
Actually it will be "Tommy (my 17 yr Grandson), stick the hose into the pool and turn on the water."

It's good to be the King.

Reactions: GIB__RU
Because people were on lock down for so long and have pent up angst?

Could be a part of it, but IMO, the biggest reason is criminals see a weaker police due to the defunding and neutering by some city politicians.
EX: de Blasio

They are settling old scores and beefs and also feel no threat of being arrested. Taking matters into their own hands on the streets.

I feel awful for the law abiding residents and business owners in these cities. It's just terrible.

Hopefully the heat wave doesnt spark more mayhem.

Just 'people' going out for bread... ..

ADVERTISEMENT