ADVERTISEMENT

OT: One heatwave ends, another begins, and a sneaky third probable

Sit in your sauna, it will be about 15 degrees cooler and still a 'dry' heat....

I'm checking my pool level now to see IF I need to add more water.
Actually it will be "Tommy (my 17 yr Grandson), stick the hose into the pool and turn on the water."

It's good to be the King.
I was in my sauna yesterday. About 160. Infrared. My pool needs water every week. You guys need to toughen up back there. Getting soft!

Reactions: newell138
Sunday will begin a 3 to 4 day stretch of dangerously hot conditions across the region. Monday is forecast to be the most oppressive, with heat index values up to 110°. Limit time outdoors during the hottest part of the day and drink plenty of water.

109314787_3442991445734229_9131434828563801707_n.png

Off to Howell for my son's BMX race. God help us.

Florida can get brutal with the humidity as an added layer of heat.

My kids wanted to make money somehow so I cancelled my lawn mover guy and bought them a gas mower, powered wheels so all they had to do was steer. "It's too hot, Dad." Was the constant refrain. So I did it, it was brutal ! So I snuck thru the grape trees and went into the Atlantic. UGG it was 85 degrees, no relief. Mary Anne found me just laying on the sand in the wave wash. I went and bought out the ice storage locker for about 100. Dumped all the ice into the pool, NO change.

Sometimes it's just too hot...

Reactions: Zimm80
The direct sun temperature on the artificial surface track in North Arlington was 128 about an hour ago.

No wonder I was done after walking 4 miles.

July 19-20 is the hottest time of the year for Philly, with an average high of 87 and an average low of 70. After reaching 95 today, we'll make a run at 100 on Monday. Temps remain above normal through the end of the week, but the seasonal average will begin to go down!

115843765_3445977678768939_2907005925227091223_o.png

Just got done watering the animals in the pastures here in Howell. If you were still at the track at 12 pm, I have great pity for you. Even though the track is surrounded by trees it was still hot as hell.

It was pretty brutal. I got a spot right near the starting hill and just let my son sit in the AC between motos. Jersey Freeze after hit the spot.

Reactions: Jm0513
They don't mention the term "heat wave" out here. Not in the vocabulary as every day from mid June thru at least August is 90-100 and humid. No one complains either. No radio weather person urging listeners to "make sure you drink a lot of water". The northeast is soft.

They don't mention the term "heat wave" out here. Not in the vocabulary as every day from mid June thru at least August is 90-100 and humid. No one complains either. No radio weather person urging listeners to "make sure you drink a lot of water". The northeast is soft.
It is all relative...here in San Antonio we’ve had, as of 20 Jul, 78 days of 90+ and 11 days of 100-108 (actual temps). No one reminds you to “drink water and be safe!” It is just summer.

Fast forward to January when it drops below 30 for 3 or 4 days and it is Armageddon.

It is all relative...here in San Antonio we’ve had, as of 20 Jul, 78 days of 90+ and 11 days of 100-108 (actual temps). No one reminds you to “drink water and be safe!” It is just summer.

Fast forward to January when it drops below 30 for 3 or 4 days and it is Armageddon.

A number of winters ago I was down in Florida fishing at Lake Okeechobee and the temp dropped below 40. You would have thought the next ice age was upon us.

Reactions: anon_ivydyf0amkzay
It was very comfortable on the boat yesterday on the Manasquan River, especially close to the Manasquan Inlet, where it was very windy.

Today, back on land, it's hot, but it is summer.

A buddy of mine used to keep his boat out on Clark's Landing. Many moons ago and before kids we used to say!

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT