ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Open Qualifying

Chris doubles 16 and bogeys 17. There are 5 spots and 2 alternates. With luck he gets in without playing in a playoff.

Last week in the NCAA Championships, a bogey on his last hole kept him out of a playoff for the NCAA individual championship. He then lost 7&5 to Frosh phenom Preston Summerhays as #7 Seed Az St upset #1 Seed OU 3-2 in the Team Quarterfinals.

BTW, RU's Brendan Hansen is in the field. He's +2 after 14 so it appears he won't make it. Tour players Kelly Kraft, Jamie Lovemark, and Ricky Barnes are in the field as is Chris's OU teammate Logan McCallister

Hansen and Chris are CBA grads.

I caddie in a qualifier at Montclair CC. It was hot as hell. Of course it went to a playoff. Good to hear he made it.

Reactions: Knightmoves
I caddie in a qualifier at Montclair CC. It was hot as hell. Of course it went to a playoff. Good to hear he made it.
RU's Brendan Hansen finished +1, 3 strokes short of the playoff.

At 16 I caddied in a qualifier for the PGA down the road at Essex Co CC. 41 holes in a day carrying a bag that was almost as heavy as me. $20 and a sleeve of Spaulding Dots (remember them lol).

• Haha
Reactions: BossNJ and WhiteBus
RU's Brendan Hansen finished +1, 3 strokes short of the playoff.

At 16 I caddied in a qualifier for the PGA down the road at Essex Co CC. 41 holes in a day carrying a bag that was almost as heavy as me. $20 and a sleeve of Spaulding Dots (remember them lol).
You made $20 more then I did. 🤣🤣

Reactions: knightfan7
Don't forget the Dots on top of it. I think I put a smile on all 3 the next time out lol.

BTW, Bay ate me up just like the last time. Did birdie #17 so I have that to remember lol.
Oh those balata golf balls sure could smile! Then toss them into the nearest pond 🤣🤣

Don't forget the Dots on top of it. I think I put a smile on all 3 the next time out lol.

BTW, Bay ate me up just like the last time. Did birdie #17 so I have that to remember lol.
Also do you remember the Wilson Pro Staff golf ball? It was a better cover that didn't cut but it was still a wound ball. With a truncated cone dimple. They didn't spin back like today's ball but they did stop on a dime.

Also do you remember the Wilson Pro Staff golf ball? It was a better cover that didn't cut but it was still a wound ball. With a truncated cone dimple. They didn't spin back like today's ball but they did stop on a dime.
Back when you could switch balls (hell my brother used to do it after as well), I used to play Titleist DT tee to green and then Pro Staff for putting. I used to like them for short game as well. Never see/find Wilson golf balls anymore but had heard good things about some models the last 5 years or so.

Counting the Open Chris Gotterup will be playing the next 4 events on Tour.
Nothing revolutionary here, I just played with a plus 2 handicap 20 year old who plays for the Wagner Seahawks (dad is a member at Montclair GC.)
He told me Chris G is in a different stratosphere from him.
Amazing thing is top 125 tour players are on a different stratosphere from Chris….for now.
Kid shot 69

Played Somerset Hills yesterday for the 1st time. The greens are ridiculous. Reminded me of Plainfield CC.

Reactions: Section124
Nothing revolutionary here, I just played with a plus 2 handicap 20 year old who plays for the Wagner Seahawks (dad is a member at Montclair GC.)
Amazing thing is top 125 tour players are on a different stratosphere from Chris….for now.
Kid shot 69
Nice.

Were you involved with the LPGA event at Upper Montclair?

I played Seaview Bay a couple weeks ago. First time playing a full 18 in years. The LPGA Shop Rite is there this week. I doubt I'll see many shots end up where mine did lol.

Played Somerset Hills yesterday for the 1st time. The greens are ridiculous. Reminded me of Plainfield CC.
Lucky you. Never played Somerset Hills. I love Tilly courses. Plainfield is Donald Ross and I used to get there at least once a year due to a member client of my brother.

Kid shot 69
Lots of good golfers. I played with a +2 on Memorial day and the kid also shot a 69. He is a senior at Clemson. I asked if he played on the Clemson team and he responded that he can barely make one of the intramural teams at Clemson.

Reactions: zappaa
Are LIV tour players allowed to play at the US Open?

You know there will be a Musk tour next year. Then the Bezos tour. Then the Russian Oligarch tour.

And soon Chinese will get into the act. Soon anyone with even a high handicap can earn millions playing golf.

Kids will give up other sports to play golf.

Golf for super elite golfers is over.

Let's face it there are a boat load of good golfers all over the world who are in deep poverty right now.

Not anymore. They will finally make their millions doing what they love.

Thanks to Phil. He will go down as the George Washington of golf.

Are LIV tour players allowed to play at the US Open?

You know there will be a Musk tour next year. Then the Bezos tour. Then the Russian Oligarch tour.

And soon Chinese will get into the act. Soon anyone with even a high handicap can earn millions playing golf.

Kids will give up other sports to play golf.

Golf for super elite golfers is over.

Let's face it there are a boat load of good golfers all over the world who are in deep poverty right now.

Not anymore. They will finally make their millions doing what they love.

Thanks to Phil. He will go down as the George Washington of golf.
Off the meds I see...and Yes LIV players can play in the US Open.

Somerset Hills is my favorite NJ course. Only played there once but liked it better than Baltusrol (both courses), Plainfield and Liberty. The setting is really peaceful for some reason.

Lots of good golfers. I played with a +2 on Memorial day and the kid also shot a 69. He is a senior at Clemson. I asked if he played on the Clemson team and he responded that he can barely make one of the intramural teams at Clemson.
Lol
Exactly

Many years ago I played in a better ball. It was a crappy day weather wise. One players on the other twosome we were paired with backed out. He had a long drive to the course and didn't show because he though it would be cancelled. The other guy in his late 20's played as a single. Turned out he had played for Princeton. Playing as a single his score didn't count but during the award ceremony it was mentioned his score alone would have been good for third place.

Next time I heard of the guy was years later when he won the NJ Mid Am.

ADVERTISEMENT