ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Oregon State University demolished the west side of Reser Stadium on Friday as part of a $153 million renovation project.

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Oregon State University demolished the west side of Reser Stadium on Friday as part of a $153 million renovation project.
A crowd gathered to watch the early morning implosion, which also was streamed live from multiple angles. The massive structure crumbled within seconds, sending plumes of smoke into the air.
The renovated stadium is set to open before the 2023 football season and will include a new welcome center for prospective students, as well as a wellness clinic for OSU students, employees, and the community.

And, yes.......... there's a Rutgers connection (sort of): 😉

I keep forgetting they have football there!😉

We will get a stadium makeover when we average more than 35,000 fans. Until then enjoy the stadium for the 1-2 decades.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Hey Brandon, let me refresh your memory. Oregon State beat USC, beat Washington, beat Stanford, beat Arizona St., and , oh yeah, beat Utah, after losing to a good Purdue team at West Lafayette in the closing minute.
Apparently there are many things you forget.
Rutgers fans should not mock... that destroyed structure reminds me too much of our west stands (which should have been destroyed in the mid-90s renno... furthermore, your current conference troubles should remind us all of the late days of the old Big East and thinking of our future in the AAC.

Good luck.

SMU getting a stadium makeover too.

In a thread on NIL, I wondered about whether SMU would be making a big move with donations given their distant past on big cheating $$$pending. Looks like the answer will be affirmative. Big XII will snatch em up... they belong there... though.. do they really need another Texas team? They may need to gather more fans nationally... smart spending on NIL, should players choose to play in the AAC for now.. should get them the rank and eyeballs and media coverage they will need.

Rutgers fans should not mock... that destroyed structure reminds me too much of our west stands (which should have been destroyed in the mid-90s renno... furthermore, your current conference troubles should remind us all of the late days of the old Big East and thinking of our future in the AAC.

Good luck.
We can do whatever we want on our own Board…sara, BCU, State Penn, Nebraska…where the N stands for knowledge, Ron Harper Jr. owns the State of Indiana, etc.

Which is what @West Point Knight did.

It’s the other infamous poster who visits other sites that should stop.

We can do whatever we want on our own Board…sara, BCU, State Penn, Nebraska…where the N stands for knowledge, Ron Harper Jr. owns the State of Indiana, etc.

Which is what @West Point Knight did.

It’s the other infamous poster who visits other sites that should stop.
My reply was to the Beavers fan.. just being empathetic.

Hey Brandon, let me refresh your memory. Oregon State beat USC, beat Washington, beat Stanford, beat Arizona St., and , oh yeah, beat Utah, after losing to a good Purdue team at West Lafayette in the closing minute.
Apparently there are many things you forget.
I still forget the have football there and once the pac formally falls apart, they along with wazzu will go the way of New Mexico or Utah state or Idaho. 😎

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT