ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Over paying for things stories

Was gonna say that Norwide SB was in Tampa. What's BigWill talking about, Rose Bowl ?
980x.gif

Reactions: BigRnj
2004- was looking for a big SUV to fit my new GF and her son's along with my two boys in one vehicle. Those days, was making upper 6 figures and cost of a vehicle wasn't a huge deal. Wanted to do it fast as I was giving my Lexus to the oldest going into college.
Went into Toyota, saw a Sequoia Limited- fully loaded, tow package in das entertainment etc...I walked in, paid full damn price, got all the coverages and within 3 months, had someone else install a new entertainment center that had a drop down 15 inch screen for the rear passengers.
No doubt, since I was walking off the lot with the damn thing, I could have gotten a good 4-5 grand off the price.

Though, I did get 250k out of it before selling...Loved that damn vehicle and all the memories- also drove it back and forth to both USF away games, Bowl games in Bama and St Pete...
When I started reading this I was thinking "my god how big was this new girlfriend" before seeing family size :-)

Thought of another one, was a long time ago but I bought 702$ worth of fireworks. Money that literally went up in smoke :-/ It was fun though.

Reactions: Plum Street
When I started reading this I was thinking "my god how big was this new girlfriend" before seeing family size :-)
hahaha she only took up 120lbs worth of space. But prior to the SUV- I have a LExus Sedan and if I had to go anywhere with her and her oldest- such as driving to our Rutgers OV- she had to sit in the back seat and he took the passenger seat. The Sequoia - he could actually get into the 3rd row and sit there comfortable.

hahaha she only took up 120lbs worth of space. But prior to the SUV- I have a LExus Sedan and if I had to go anywhere with her and her oldest- such as driving to our Rutgers OV- she had to sit in the back seat and he took the passenger seat. The Sequoia - he could actually get into the 3rd row and sit there comfortable.

That's quite an advert!

I always thought all third rows were useless for adults, let alone Div 1-size adults. Good to know. Sequoia comes in TRD Pro spec nowadays, too. Not sure I want to have to spell it on every parking form, though - always want to put the o first.

That's quite an advert!

I always thought all third rows were useless for adults, let alone Div 1-size adults. Good to know. Sequoia comes in TRD Pro spec nowadays, too. Not sure I want to have to spell it on every parking form, though - always want to put the o first.
Mine was a 2004 and I loved how it looked, I don't like the look of the newer ones as much. Haven't seen the interiors on the new ones either. But like I said- mine had so much space. On the way back from Bama Bowl game, we had myself, Wife, Kevin, his brother who is 6ft1 and two cousins along with our luggage. He did make the 3 of them sit in the 2nd row and he took the back seat on his own but he has sat there and shared that back row as well too. I think when we went up to a Cuse game one year, we had me, wife, his brother, my 2 sons and another player's mom and sister. All of us were comfortable.

Reactions: fsg2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT