ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pacheco on Thursday Nite Football

It's on the NFL channel 4 hours later so I'll record it and watch it on Friday night.

Frankly that's my preference anyway, is to record games and watch them the next day without knowing who won and without commercials or halftime.

It's on the NFL channel 4 hours later so I'll record it and watch it on Friday night.

Frankly that's my preference anyway, is to record games and watch them the next day without knowing who won and without commercials or halftime.
That’s a good option. If I care enough about one of these Thursday games, I would do that. I’m just not that into Thursday night NFL to subscribe. My team is only on once so it’s no big deal.

Edited the title and my OP, to emphasize the Pacheco part. Will be great to see him in primetime in the only live NFL game being played tomorrow. Rooting for him to do well.

Idk getting deliveries in 1-2 days is pretty magical and well worth the price, especially when you include Amazon Video, which has decent content.
The things I have purchased on Amazon have always come with free 1-2 day delivery. You are being scammed into paying the now over $100 or more for membership.

The things I have purchased on Amazon have always come with free 1-2 day delivery. You are being scammed into paying the now over $100 or more for membership.

To each their own. On top of expedited shipping services, Amazon Prime membership is ~$15 per month and includes Video Content (similar to Netflix), Amazon Photos including Storage Drive space, Prime Music Streaming and Reading Services (ebooks, magazines an Audible). Overall not a bad package of services when you consider that Netflix alone cost ~$14 per month just for video streaming.

Would love to see him succeed, but we need to temper expectations for him. Unless there is an injury, I don't expect him to get too much time against a very good Chargers team. Pacheco played mostly in the 4th quarter of a blowout, the other 2 backs CEH and McKinnon split time while the game was close and the Chiefs were still trying.

Reactions: BillyC80
To each their own. On top of expedited shipping services, Amazon Prime membership is ~$15 per month and includes Video Content (similar to Netflix), Amazon Photos including Storage Drive space, Prime Music Streaming and Reading Services (ebooks, magazines an Audible). Overall not a bad package of services when you consider that Netflix alone cost ~$14 per month just for video streaming.
Also deals at Whole Foods, Twitch, and gaming. For some families it is worth it. https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/finance/amazon-prime-benefits-cost-worth

Would love to see him succeed, but we need to temper expectations for him. Unless there is an injury, I don't expect him to get too much time against a very good Chargers team. Pacheco played mostly in the 4th quarter of a blowout, the other 2 backs CEH and McKinnon split time while the game was close and the Chiefs were still trying.
Good points. Would be great to see him catch a pass out of the backfield and break a long run.

Ok well that’s a very different experience from me.

Also, enjoy not watching Thurs night football.
Have no problem missing any sport that ends at midnight. Gave up on them long ago. Also try this experiment. Open up Amazon on a phone or computer that you never used for your Amazon account before. You will see how many products have free fast shipping.

Have done that, but then feel a bit dumb rooting for a team when the results are already in

IDK how people don't have Amazon. The cost savings in gas alone by not having to drive to the store is worth the effort. Yes I agree, they are evil but when Murphy shut everything down it was nice being able to get things in a day or 2 delivered to the doorstep. The free returns are also nice too.
Add in the prime video and prime music its a no brainer.

Reactions: jtung230 and fsg2
I'm willing to bet that before the season is over, we see him running wildcat QB at the goal line (they love doing it with Kelce and in the past Hill) and he throws a pass for a TD too. They love their gimmick plays.

Reactions: BillyC80
He also fumbled but was fortunate to recover it himself. When the game was still in doubt, he had 2 carries for 2 yards. I think long term he'll be a factor, but I wouldn't expect to see a lot of him Thursday unless it's another blowout.

He also fumbled but was fortunate to recover it himself. When the game was still in doubt, he had 2 carries for 2 yards. I think long term he'll be a factor, but I wouldn't expect to see a lot of him Thursday unless it's another blowout.
Hopefully he gets a chance to build on the momentum from his performance after those first two carries (10 more carries for 60 yards). His confidence will be soaring coming into this game.

Have no problem missing any sport that ends at midnight. Gave up on them long ago. Also try this experiment. Open up Amazon on a phone or computer that you never used for your Amazon account before. You will see how many products have free fast shipping.
At the push of a single buy button? I think not.

I sometimes wish Prime wasn't such a good deal. It'd be the first streaming service to go based solely on content, but every time I consider it I remember that online ordering convenience/savings and the music streaming, and Prime stays right where it is. MLB and NFL content is just a bonus.

Scammed? There are over 200 million Amazon Prime Customers.

Best of Luck,
Groz

ADVERTISEMENT