ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pacheco on Thursday Nite Football

Idk getting deliveries in 1-2 days is pretty magical and well worth the price, especially when you include Amazon Video, which has decent content.
yeah.. if you are a decent sized household who buys *stuff*.. Prime is not too bad. and as RUBlackout7 says.. the video content doesn't suck... though I am suspicious about that huge investment in a LOTR series when it looks like they just want to go woke with it. Just *stuff* like a specific light bulb or cable for a device.. etc etc.. it adds up... and with teh price of gas for you to go out to nearest store.. and maybe 2 - 3 stores to find what you want.. Prime does not suck.

When Amazon was books and little else.. I read enough to make it worthwhile... I recall them sending me emails to remind me that they have video too.. for free.. because of my Prime account. I guess they kept stats and knew I had never signed on to watch video.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: fsg2
Amazon Prime is a must have. It gives you so much for $139.
There is no company that innovates in customer experience like Amazon.
Now they are giving us football.
Buy Amazon stock. It is very cheap right now.

IDK how people don't have Amazon. The cost savings in gas alone by not having to drive to the store is worth the effort. Yes I agree, they are evil but when Murphy shut everything down it was nice being able to get things in a day or 2 delivered to the doorstep. The free returns are also nice too.
Add in the prime video and prime music its a no brainer.
Had no idea about Amazon Prime Music.

PT Barnum has a great response for that.
This doesn't surprise me at all. But those 200 million will be.

I am surprised. Because most things I've bought on Amazon are super cheap. Like the cheapest I can find, sometimes including taking wholesale-level discounts from other sources into account. I know this because I shop around ...in minutes ...sometimes without rolling out of bed or off the couch.

But enjoy steeping in hate.

That's for their "free streaming" music service. Their better tier is called Amazon Music Unlimited and runs $8.99/mo.

And 1-2 day delivery is so 5 years ago. I get free overnight delivery due to recent expansion in my area. Order by 3pm, delivered by 8am.

The Prime level still gets you a ridiculous amount of music. Best thing is you can download it for on the go (you don't own the files outside the service).

Amazon Prime is a must have. It gives you so much for $139.
There is no company that innovates in customer experience like Amazon.
Now they are giving us football.
Buy Amazon stock. It is very cheap right now.
Its not for everyone. For shopping occasionally it's not worth it. Its also not a bargain especially if you just blindly go there first and do your shopping. People have this illusion that they are the cheapest online marketplace. Far from the truth. I buy a lot of stuff online. They may have the best all in deal about 25% of the time. There is nothing in their other perks that interest me at all. Certainly not worth it for NFL Thursday night. Again it works for some. If you don't care about pricing and need it tomorrow or the next day it does beat driving around finding certain things.

Reactions: MulletCork
Pacheco good job picking up the blitz, then runs for 6 yards two plays later.

Those couple of plays were great.
Kept Mahomes clean.

He was great in mop up last week but those plays were so much more impact.

Just cut McKinnon already.

Reactions: BillyC80
No hold button on Amazon or ability to rewind to look at a play again. Most streaming services and cable have that feature

Reactions: newell138
No hold button on Amazon or ability to rewind to look at a play again. Most streaming services and cable have that feature

I am watching on app through Apple TV and I am able to rewind but it is very clunky. Much easier to use FIOS.

That's for their "free streaming" music service. Their better tier is called Amazon Music Unlimited and runs $8.99/mo.

And 1-2 day delivery is so 5 years ago. I get free overnight delivery due to recent expansion in my area. Order by 3pm, delivered by 8am.

The Amazon free music service can be frustrating. It is really quite limited in selection.

I Have an Amazon Fire Stick and rewinding and fast-forwarding is easy. The one feature that frustrates me is turning closed captions on and off. Prime has a button specifically for this feature - the one button that I don't use for any other streaming service (and constantly forget that it exists).

Sometimes life ain't fair. Looked to me that Pacheco had no where to go on that 4th down run for no gain. Defender came in unblocked and got him. Pacheco had no more opportunities after that. Maybe the coaches saw the play differently or maybe it was planned. Unfortunate though.

What did you all think of the Michael-Herbstreit combination? Listening to Herbstreit doing a pro game is kind of like drinking Pepsi Clear. For those that remember, the drink was not bad, but.... Herbstreit did a good job and will be better as he and Michaels get more experience together. It's just that something was off and I think it had more to do with seeing him as Mr. College Football than his performance.

What did you all think of the Michael-Herbstreit combination? Listening to Herbstreit doing a pro game is kind of like drinking Pepsi Clear. For those that remember, the drink was not bad, but.... Herbstreit did a good job and will be better as he and Michaels get more experience together. It's just that something was off and I think it had more to do with seeing him as Mr. College Football than his performance.
It felt a lot more natural than expected to be honest. The other thought I had was about flipping channels during commercials. I didn’t bother as it would have been an ordeal getting in and out of Prime. I wonder what impact that has on their ratings, ad rates, etc

I really wanted Herby to stop talking at some points. He never let it breathe. I felt like he was nervous and just kept going.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT