ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pacheco on Thursday Nite Football

A jukebox and a microphone that listens to everything you do and shares whatever it hears with those that pay for it. We removed ours.
What secrets do I have? If Amazon wants to sell the fact that my sons and I enjoy snacks, jigsaw puzzles, and fart jokes, have at it. I honestly don't care if they are "listening to to everything I do."

What did you all think of the Michael-Herbstreit combination? Listening to Herbstreit doing a pro game is kind of like drinking Pepsi Clear. For those that remember, the drink was not bad, but.... Herbstreit did a good job and will be better as he and Michaels get more experience together. It's just that something was off and I think it had more to do with seeing him as Mr. College Football than his performance.
I only watched a bit, and was not sure it was Herbie, but guessed it was. Thought he was OK and a welcome change from gravelly/nasally Cris Collinsworth. I may be in the minority here, as it seems a lot of people missed Cris. His voice is the male version of Beth Mowins.

I cannot believe Michaels is still working. He was great at baseball and has sucked at football for 36 years now. He is 77 years old.. come on now.. there has to be someone better out there.

I really wanted Herby to stop talking at some points. He never let it breathe. I felt like he was nervous and just kept going.
Agreed, he definitely sounded nervous. Was this his first NFL game, and does it mean he's moving on from NCAAF?

I cannot believe Michaels is still working. He was great at baseball and has sucked at football for 36 years now. He is 77 years old.. come on now.. there has to be someone better out there.
Agreed. Hard to believe his "Do you believe in miracles?" call is now going on forty-two years since.

Agreed, he definitely sounded nervous. Was this his first NFL game, and does it mean he's moving on from NCAAF?
Herbie did playoff games for ABC/ESPN if I recall correctly. I think his "off" performance was more related to working with Al for the first "official" time and he has much more passion for the college game.

Reactions: RW90
Herbie did playoff games for ABC/ESPN if I recall correctly. I think his "off" performance was more related to working with Al for the first "official" time and he has much more passion for the college game.
Dennis Miller's short stint with MNF I put squarely on Michaels.. so many of those 90s crews were short-lived.. and the one consistency was Michaels.. and he is still there in the game. When one guy wants to dominate instead of being just one of the guys.. it is bad news. Michaels was the professional broadcaster.. but always shoves in his own "color" and "analysis" and when Miller was there he didn't give him any room to be funny. That's my take, anyway.

Here's the color guys who worked with Michaels on MNF... btw.. I hated Dierdorf as well
Michaels could have Peyton and Eli (or Cooper) in a booth with him an d he'd make them look bad.

What secrets do I have? If Amazon wants to sell the fact that my sons and I enjoy snacks, jigsaw puzzles, and fart jokes, have at it. I honestly don't care if they are "listening to to everything I do."

You do you. If you're happy having someone else's microphone in your house knock yourself out.

Hey can I put a web microphone in your house too? I mean if it's no big deal I'll stop by and put one in?

I'll need your wifi password but then we're good to go.

You do you. If you're happy having someone else's microphone in your house knock yourself out.

Hey can I put a web microphone in your house too? I mean if it's no big deal I'll stop by and put one in?

I'll need your wifi password but then we're good to go.
I honestly wouldn't care. You'd be bored in about 12 minutes. You work for the CIA or something?

I honestly wouldn't care. You'd be bored in about 12 minutes. You work for the CIA or something?

No. The CIA's probably what Amazon is doing. I'll just use it for whatever I can sell the content for.

Let's do it this way. You message me your home address, I'll stop by next week. I'm going to bring a web cam instead of just a microphone because I can't find a mic only. You can cover the lens.

Waiting for your address.

No. The CIA's probably what Amazon is doing. I'll just use it for whatever I can sell the content for.

Let's do it this way. You message me your home address, I'll stop by next week. I'm going to bring a web cam instead of just a microphone because I can't find a mic only. You can cover the lens.

You're weird.

Deal
Already got a couple tasks for you.

@RUScrew85 set a reminder for 15 minutes.
@RUScrew85 add BBQ sauce to my shopping list.

I get what your saying and I know it’s going on but I like the thing

Honestly we were torn for a couple of weeks. Then we decided to pull them out.

It's easy to ignore it's listening to you 24/7. And to play devil's advocate LE or other folks can easily turn on your phone's microphone if they wanted to.

I was just seeing if I could help make a point for that guy. I failed.

Last edited:
You're weird.

And your decision making doesn't make sense - it's inconsistent. Because I guess that's a no on my offer.

But like I said you do you. Say hi to Alexa and everyone else in your little box!

I thought Pop misread the blocking on the 4th and 1. Looked like the play was designed to go right, but there was room on the left. Put him in the dog house for the rest of the game.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
And your decision making doesn't make sense - it's inconsistent. Because I guess that's a no on my offer.

But like I said you do you. Say hi to Alexa and everyone else in your little box!
It absolutely does make sense. Alexa provides a service. Several actually. If your camera provides a service, you can install it as well.

ADVERTISEMENT