ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Parks, Golf Courses to Re-open in NJ Saturday

I just did a drive by in Lincoln Park in JC,after cruising by Foley Field in Bloomfield and Hurrell Field in Glen Ridge,all of them closed.Only Nutley's De Murro Park is free on which to reamble.

Yes, but our parks are all opened unlike other towns that have closed all parks.
you probably live in a town where people understood what social distancing means. There are always a few that ruin it for everyone else.

Reactions: JRZEER
I wonder what restrictions they'll impose? 1 per cart, tee times more spread out over the day, pro shop/19th hole not available?

you probably live in a town where people understood what social distancing means. There are always a few that ruin it for everyone else.
From what I have seen people have been maintaining distance. I walk each day either through the neighborhood or parks. A lot of moving aside or crossing the streets. So far so good. I also was confused at first about walking the parks because I saw a Sheriffs jeep parked in one. The town PD said it was fine as long as you don't congregate.

I would imagine they will keep the boardwalks at the shore closed for awhile. Supposed to very nice this Sunday.

I wonder what restrictions they'll impose? 1 per cart, tee times more spread out over the day, pro shop/19th hole not available?
I think most courses implemented changes before being shut down. No carts or 1 per Cart, only 2somes per tee time, no F&B, raised cups.

I would imagine they will keep the boardwalks at the shore closed for awhile. Supposed to very nice this Sunday.
Restaurants are now open on the Boardwalk in Wildwood for take out and then people are supposed to either go back to the beach or leave the boardwalk. Social distancing is supposed to be done in the line while you wait for the food. Mayor has said this is supposed to be for the towns people and that they still don’t want out of towners to come to Wildwood.

These are the rules set by a course in Long Island. I assume something similar here, though many courses will go with 1 person per cart.

Walking only is permitted
• NO electric carts or club rentals allowed till further notice.
• Personal pull carts are allowed
• Clubhouse and Pro shop will be closed
• Credit Card payment online only (by phone when trouble online) 631-477-0777
• Practice areas are closed
• Please do not remove flagsticks when putting
• Cups have been altered to make balls easily retrievable
• NO tailgating or socializing in the parking lot
• Must practice Social Distancing guidelines or you will be asked to vacate the property
What we have done at IE:
• Removed all Rakes and Ball Washers
• Set Tee Times @ 18 minutes apart (in accordance with social distancing)
• Security will be located in the pro shop
• Entrance to the first tee is not permitted without checking in first with security

Reactions: jtung230
Great move by the Governor!

Move to be announced today.
Murphy caves in to pressure after lawmakers and Cuomo call out his stupidity. Remember, on Monday he said we are "weeks away" from this happening.

What a weak loser!

N.J. parks, golf courses to reopen Saturday in first major change to lift coronavirus lockdown orders
Gov. Phil Murphy made the announcement on Wednesday that all state and county parks may reopen on Saturday after facing pressure from lawmakers.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...ange-to-lift-coronavirus-lockdown-orders.html

Restaurants are now open on the Boardwalk in Wildwood for take out and then people are supposed to either go back to the beach or leave the boardwalk. Social distancing is supposed to be done in the line while you wait for the food. Mayor has said this is supposed to be for the towns people and that they still don’t want out of towners to come to Wildwood.

wait, you can go on the beach in Wildwood???????

Reactions: Jm0513
These are the rules set by a course in Long Island. I assume something similar here, though many courses will go with 1 person per cart.

• Must practice Social Distancing guidelines or you will be asked to vacate the property
What we have done at IE:
• Entrance to the first tee is not permitted without checking in first with security

I play in a weekly skins game in FL with 4-5 groups. We must meet after the round in order to compare scorecards and award winnings. Lately those post round meetings have been outside the halfway house over beers.

The problem with tee times 15 minutes apart is that the first group finishes over an hour before the last group. When our first group was teeing off on 18 the last group was teeing off on 12. But it’s good to be playing. One cart per golfer makes the round play faster.

Murphy caves in to pressure after lawmakers and Cuomo call out his stupidity. Remember, on Monday he said we are "weeks away" from this happening.

What a weak loser!

N.J. parks, golf courses to reopen Saturday in first major change to lift coronavirus lockdown orders
Gov. Phil Murphy made the announcement on Wednesday that all state and county parks may reopen on Saturday after facing pressure from lawmakers.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...ange-to-lift-coronavirus-lockdown-orders.html
So you were calling him a Chicken Little for closing parks and now you are calling him a weak loser for doing what you wanted. Murphy's been doing a great job at making tough decisions in this pandemic.

What this poster shows is that you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Possible 3 more inches coming the best few days too.

The Courses are going to be a soggy mess this weekend. It’s supposed to start raining tonight and not end until Saturday morning.
Not the time to play golf this weekend.
Next week yes !!!!

You can go on the beach in towns like Belmar, Manasquan and Spring Lake. Just can't use the boardwalk other than at designated entry points to the beach. Of course in Spring Lake they have banned all street parking in the town which just pushes everyone into Belmar which also limiting to some extent where you can park. Still a lot of surfers in the water.

Reactions: RutHut
You can go on the beach in towns like Belmar, Manasquan and Spring Lake. Just can't use the boardwalk other than at designated entry points to the beach. Of course in Spring Lake they have banned all street parking in the town which just pushes everyone into Belmar which also limiting to some extent where you can park. Still a lot of surfers in the water.
Local Spring.:Wink:

Same rules for Sea Girt.

What we have done at IE:
are they allowing 4somes?

What a weak loser!

You're nothing if not consistently inconsistent lol

giphy.gif

In his presser today, Murphy elaborated on the decision:
  • Acknowledged that it seemed abrupt but really isn't. All such decisions are iterative and assessed daily. The numbers are now trending in the right direction and so the decision was made.
  • Cited the "mental health" factor as one basis for the decision.
  • Said something to the effect of "you trusted us, and now we're going to trust you". Meaning that NJ residents have largely compiled with prior directives, so now we're going to loosen them and see what happens. He made it clear that if the social distancing guidelines are abused, the decision will be revisited.

Mrs Screw, the article on N.J.com says folks can walk, jog, and surf on the beach but they don’t want people sitting. My guess is that if people need a little break and want to stop to catch their breath, they might be able to for a few minutes. What they don’t want is people there to just lay out and get a tan and before you know it you have beach towel carpet .

Reactions: knightfan7
Mrs Screw, the article on N.J.com says folks can walk, jog, and surf on the beach but they don’t want people sitting. My guess is that if people need a little break and want to stop to catch their breath, they might be able to for a few minutes. What they don’t want is people there to just lay out and get a tan and before you know it you have beach towel carpet .
Fishing? Was fishing from the beach ever banned? NJ has lost that case a few times before!

[
member: 4636"]Fishing? Was fishing from the beach ever banned? NJ has lost that case a few times before![/QUOTE]
No mention either way on fishing. Does Wildwood have jetty’s or a usual designated fishing area?

Opening the parks on a weekend is a dumb idea, unless Murphy wants to say I told you so & close them again after the parks are crowded on a nice weekend. Should have opened them on a weekday, also funny how as soon as his own party calls him out on the parks & golf courses, he caves into do something that should never have been done in the first place.

Opening the parks on a weekend is a dumb idea, unless Murphy wants to say I told you so & close them again after the parks are crowded on a nice weekend. Should have opened them on a weekday, also funny how as soon as his own party calls him out on the parks & golf courses, he caves into do something that should never have been done in the first place.

Agree. As much as I'd like the parks open, I am not going anywhere near a park this weekend. The parks and beach towns will be packed, especially since it is supposed to be nice weather.

Reactions: TRU2RU
I live in a very residential area with a couple smaller parks in the immediate area. I was out jogging after work and the roads were absolutely full of people. You had to constantly move to the other side of the street to avoid people so you could jog. Meanwhile, as I jogged by one of these parks, which really isn't much more than a huge open field with a small playground, it sat empty. Basically cutting off your nose to spite your face. I felt like a rebel without a cause because I kicked over one of the cheap ass signs that were in the front, saying "park closed". Good, now someone can go pick that up before Saturday.

Also, driving home from work yesterday, the roads in Westfield were about as crowded with people as on Halloween. It was like a game of Frogger out there practically. At least now some of these people can go to the local parks and hopefully behave themselves.

Reactions: TRU2RU and Jm0513
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT