ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PGA Championship Thread

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
Let's hear your picks
Who you want to win.
Who you think will win.
The longshot who you would bet on. Betting odds are crazy. Favorites are Rahm and Sheffler at +$1200!!

Three I would love to see win are Koepka, Finau, and Niemann. Koepka is a favorite. Niemann wouldn't surprise me, Finau would shock the world.

I'll go with Sheffler to win. I think Rory is the last golfer to win back to back majors.

Tom Pieters is my longshot.

• Love
Reactions: beaced
Cameron Smith. He is the best player on the tour. He plays well in the big tournaments.
I would like to see Schauffele win it. He is due.

Cameron Smith. He is the best player on the tour. He plays well in the big tournaments.
I would like to see Schauffele win it. He is due.
Schauffiele was awesome last weekend after barely making the cut on the number. Was something like 25 under on the next 41 holes.

Daly birdies the first hole and takes the lead! Granted he is in the first threesome.

Some great pairings today and tomorrow:

- Tiger, Rory and Speith
- Rahm, Morikawa and Scheffler.
- Justin Thomas, DJ and Cantlay
Played Southern Hills a couple of times since the restoration. Terrific course. Important to hit your tee shot to the correct spot or you’re toast.

Whatta ya know!!! Tiger struggles today and afterwards says he’s hurting..always an excuse with him.

Whatta ya know!!! Tiger struggles today and afterwards says he’s hurting..always an excuse with him.

Isn’t that golf? At least his are legitimate. You should hear my excuses.

Reactions: BossNJ
The Rahm, Morikawa, and Scheffler played awful. Sometimes, a bad grouping can really mess you up.

Afternoon tee offs yesterday had a much tougher go. Will see if that holds true today.
Don’t know the avg score diff between the two groups but the leader board is represented by both.

Agreed that the afternoon tee times had a tougher go. They just need to shoot a good score today and make the cut. Then anything goes over the weekend.

Weird that Tiger could walk Augusta 4 days but gets hurt here. I assume he's been working out more and pushing his limits. Pop some Aleve and hopefully he's good to go.

Afternoon tee offs yesterday had a much tougher go. Will see if that holds true today.
DJ, Rahm, Tiger and Koepka could be fighting to make the cut.

What are todays weather conditions, high winds again?

Agreed that the afternoon tee times had a tougher go. They just need to shoot a good score today and make the cut. Then anything goes over the weekend.

Weird that Tiger could walk Augusta 4 days but gets hurt here. I assume he's been working out more and pushing his limits. Pop some Aleve and hopefully he's good to go.
Saw the shot that tweaked his leg. Wasn’t the same after. Good to see him out there but it’s asking for too much from that body at this point. Making the cut would be a win.

Saw the shot that tweaked his leg. Wasn’t the same after. Good to see him out there but it’s asking for too much from that body at this point. Making the cut would be a win.
I am just amazed he is able to compete at this point. However, everytime he's out there it's like watching Alex Smith play QB. Never thought both would be back and cringe on every play/shot.

Limping before the tournament. Never should have played. Not a Tiger hater but hope he misses the cut. I get sick of all the Tiger love by the announcers.

Reactions: shields

Tiger had issues everyday at the Masters. Especially the last day where he was walking with a noticeable limp and obviously in pain.

Don’t know the avg score diff between the two groups but the leader board is represented by both.
1 shot difference between the morning and afternoon. Not a huge gap but a difference nonetheless. Very Indy this morning and they are saying it could calm down in the afternoon.

1 shot difference between the morning and afternoon. Not a huge gap but a difference nonetheless. Very Indy this morning and they are saying it could calm down in the afternoon.
Could be a big break for Rory. It has been a long drought for him.

I know nothing about golf, but I'm rooting for Daly. He's the only athlete that has the same body type and greying beard as me.

The best story was the 13 Diet Pepsis he drank on the course on a 97 degree day.
post it.

Daly has many great/funny stories. I was reading an article just last month that he was in some clubhouse holding court getting drunk and Tiger walks in, Daly asks him if he will sit down and have a drink with the group and Tiger brushes him off and says, "Nah, Daly I'm going to hit balls then go to bed, we have to play tomorrow." Daly says he ended up getting shitfaced that night, then went out and shot a great round beating Tiger that day. I forget the conclusion but it was a really funny story the way it was told in the interview.

Just like Daly's body... I feel like I should be a Shane Lowery fan, just for his physique. I also like that he looks like he is having fun out there.

JT was a favorite coming into this and playing like it. Koepka got back into it. Rory having a tough time today.

A lot of Tiger hate. The man can barely walk and he's still sitting somewhere around the top 50 in a major. I don't know how anyone isn't impressed by that.

Reactions: Joey Bags
A lot of Tiger hate. The man can barely walk and he's still sitting somewhere around the top 50 in a major. I don't know how anyone isn't impressed by that.

im not impressed by anyone who’s sitting at 50th position in a major.

Apparently a lot of people getting hit with golf balls with the course setup. Saw Tiger almost got hit by a tee shot yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT