ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PGA Championship Thread

i mean what is he trying to prove??? If he’s hurting so badly…give it up.
Making the cut and playing 2 more days in a row on this course will be very difficult for him physically. Hope it doesn’t set him back before the next major.

The Open at St Andrews is more flat and easier for him to walk.

In Saturdays 3rd round Tiger is 9 over after 12 holes. Tough to see him struggle like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: BossNJ
I don’t think people dislike Tiger, I like him. I think it’s more about the constant media coverage that turns some people off when he is nowhere near the top of the leaderboard.

For instance, coverage just switched to CBS now, first thing is an interview with Tiger. It’s almost as if the media don’t want to have another great golfer while Tiger is still playing.

I don’t think people dislike Tiger, I like him. I think it’s more about the constant media coverage that turns some people off when he is nowhere near the top of the leaderboard.

For instance, coverage just switched to CBS now, first thing is an interview with Tiger. It’s almost as if the media don’t want to have another great golfer while Tiger is still playing.
True, but guys that are in contention are not on the course. There was a rain delay so he is the most interesting story on the course for now.

True, but guys that are in contention are not on the course. There was a rain delay so he is the most interesting story on the course for now.
Just one example it’s every tournament he plays and some he doesn’t.

That he is not a quitter. Hate guys taking the easy way out.

Tiger has withdrawn from a bunch of tournaments throughout his career.

Athletes get hurt and have to leave games….all the time.

No shame in it. If he wants to continue to compete..fine.

But then don’t blame your struggles on your injury…

Tiger has withdrawn from a bunch of tournaments throughout his career.

Athletes get hurt and have to leave games….all the time.

No shame in it. If he wants to continue to compete..fine.

But then don’t blame your struggles on your injury…
He is not blaming the injury. It’s the reporters that are asking.

I mean Tiger gets all this coverage and then declines all post round media. To be honest that is BS. I don’t care how hurt he is. If he’s not on a stretcher, he needs to face the media after being force fed his round.

Reactions: RUScrew85
I mean Tiger gets all this coverage and then declines all post round media. To be honest that is BS. I don’t care how hurt he is. If he’s not on a stretcher, he needs to face the media after being force fed his round.
Huh? It’s not like Tiger decides if he gets coverage on the course.

So people can say why are they interviewing the guy that’s last? Too much coverage!!! LOL
Very true. Goes both ways. He’s the star of the tour whether people like it or not. It’s not like he was the focus today only, he gets all the coverage whether he’s first, last or middleing.

But he’s not succeeeding.

Well not now but his drive to win drove him to over 10 majors and likely $1B. He's not going to change until he's sure he's done. And then he'll likely find something else to pursue with the same intensity.

Reactions: RU2131
Agree…Tiger being a crappy human has more with that stuff ^^

plenty of great competitors on tour are good dudes.

Not just on tour - in life. It's very common for elite achievers to be dicks. It's part of what makes them able to focus on success at the expense of everything else. This isn't news.

Reactions: RU2131
Well not now but his drive to win drove him to over 10 majors and likely $1B. He's not going to change until he's sure he's done. And then he'll likely find something else to pursue with the same intensity.
He’s done, though.

we all know that

Did you say the same thing after his back surgery? That’s the thing with Tiger, can’t count him out yet. If he is in the same shape next year, more likely.

I don’t recall thinking he was done. He was competitive in his return from surgery in 2018.

he looked nothing like he did now.

Let’s go Bubba! Gotta love this guy. Self taught, totally unorthodox swing, but tremendous natural talent.

Plus, his idea of a victory meal is the special at Waffle House!

Dude is just good. And a good human..

Reactions: mikemarc1
Let’s go Bubba! Gotta love this guy. Self taught, totally unorthodox swing, but tremendous natural talent.

Plus, his idea of a victory meal is the special at Waffle House!

Dude is just good. And a good human..

Don’t really have an opinion on Bubba one way or the other…I do know he’s very unliked on the tour..

Reactions: Knightmoves
Don’t really have an opinion on Bubba one way or the other…I do know he’s very unliked on the tour..
He’s definitely his own man.. That works for some, not so well for others. What I know about him, which is admittedly somewhat limited, I like and respect. More than anything I respect the fact that he’s unconventional and his natural talent is undeniable.

He’s definitely his own man.. That works for some, not so well for others. What I know about him, which is admittedly somewhat limited, I like and respect. More than anything I respect the fact that he’s unconventional and his natural talent is undeniable.

agree. I don’t like him, not do I dislike him. Rooting for JT but I’ll take a Bubba Winn either!

Never trust a man who doesn’t drink.

Reactions: mikemarc1
ADVERTISEMENT